Has this happened to anyone?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I think my racket may be in a bad state right now. I recently glued my FH rubber and i have noticed some marks on the rubber. I also noticed that the first thin layer of wood on the blade has started to splinter off. I had fixed it with epoxy and left it to dry, however the splinter was still there. Any help?
e8ef35a797757f33fe85a09adafccdce.jpg
8863d5a3d2073a0d64fc344166c5d57e.jpg

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Time for a new blade and remember to have it lacquered especially if the retailer provides that service. Water based glues are destroying top veneers and selling a lot more blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Yinhe Pro-5W is $29 at princett, see:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/some-new-2015-yinhe-blades_topic73121.html
Another option is the [h=1]LOKI Arthur K3 Table Tennis Blade (5 ply pure wood )[/h]for $27.50.

I always varnish the blades with 3 coatings of polyurethane coating after sanding, e.g. WalMart MinWax..., also the handle. So I can wash the racket with detergent and H2O2 or diluted bleach after playing. Looks like the FastArc G1/Moristo SP survive the treatment.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I always varnish the blades with 3 coatings of polyurethane coating after sanding, e.g. WalMart MinWax..., also the handle. So I can wash the racket with detergent and H2O2 or diluted bleach after playing.

Oh no.....Yikes....These are two terrible ideas.

- 3 layers of polyurethane sealant
- Sealing the handle as well
- Washing the blade with detergent and water

Do not do any of those things. If you seal the blade face, one thin layer is all you need. The above described treatment would make any good blade play much worse. Sealing the handle feels terrible in my hand. I guess everyone can have their own choice on that. But I would never want the handle of my blade sealed.

And washing the blade, what on earth for. Just leave it alone and play with it.

Andre, you may need a new blade. But I really don't recommend you do what ejprinz is recommending.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Yinhe Pro-5W is $29 at princett, see:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/some-new-2015-yinhe-blades_topic73121.html
Another option is the LOKI Arthur K3 Table Tennis Blade (5 ply pure wood )

for $27.50.

I always varnish the blades with 3 coatings of polyurethane coating after sanding, e.g. WalMart MinWax..., also the handle. So I can wash the racket with detergent and H2O2 or diluted bleach after playing. Looks like the FastArc G1/Moristo SP survive the treatment.

Only 3 layers of of varnish? Why not 10 ? Then you could wash the blade, scrub it, mop it, put it in the washing machine...