tips and advice for new short pips player

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
You have to stay close to the table!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Open racket angle, smash, highest point, come under the ball and try to have short contact with the ball.

Harder with plastic balls but when you smash you can hear by the sound if you have done good or not. Hard to explain the sound but I think you will notice a difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Ditto the comments above. Inverted strokes don't work. Hitting the ball just as it reaches about net height is mandatory because if you wait for the ball to bounce to the top of its trajectory then your return ball will bounce too high making it an easy shot for your opponent. The ball will bounce up to about 80% of the height where you hit the ball so hit the ball from about net height. If you wait like Lula suggest you better go for a winning shot because it may bounce too high. If you hit the ball so it goes low and over the net and the ball bounces up 80% then the opponent will have to hit the ball up to get it over the net. The ball should be at it highest point in the trajectory as it passes over the net. This means hitting the ball hard and fast is not always the best option. Hitting the ball long isn't always good because a looper can loop low balls once they are past the end of the table. Keep the ball low and at angles. Don't give the opponent time to react. Watch early He Zhi Wen videos for inspiration.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree with above. I think in all strokes, also with inverted that if you play a slower stroke you must take it right of the bounce, otherwise you play a high and slow shot. If you want to play a hard shot, then it is okay to wait to the top of the bounce.