says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
General ? What is the definition of General in TT ?
Well, it's seen from your perspective and not from the "general's" perspective anyways. And it's just compared to cj8000 and not every other rubber ;)
There is a difference between what could be a better choice for a beginner (they most likely don't have a preference as such) and for a more experienced player that prefers a hybrid between classic jap/euro and chinese rubbers that are in the ar/off category.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
But that Hunter Equalizer blade also looks like a great quality blade. I don't know if the handle will fit her smaller hands though.

Thanks for your feedback & recommendations nymose
I coincidentally have the same Palio rubber but with 2.0/Max rubber, which is not helping in building her arm swing. She’s tall for her age so not so concerned about the size of handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Wait, why wouldn't you ask the coach who has given her 15 lessons? Take his word for what would be good for her over a bunch of us who have never seen her play.

1. The lessons were last year & her game has progressed somewhat.
2. Her current racquet is the one I got from her coach when she first started playing & that’s the one where he gave a 2.0/Max rubber - who does that to a beginner? I didn’t know any better at the time.
3. Why wouldn’t I reach out to this group that has thousands of hours of commutative knowledge for advice?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Actually, Werner Schlage might recommend a sponge with Max. He is on record saying that if you are training someone to play high level, they should never use anything less than max.

But, why don't you post some recent footage. It might help people give you advice more directly useful to your kid. She may not need anything different than most 12 year olds. Or she may.

What blade did the coach give her?

If you don't trust the coach, finding another coach for equipment recommendations might be good.

But people here will be much more able to help if they saw a clip where we could see a few FHs and a few BHs. It would not need to be more than 25-30 seconds. Just 3-4 FHs and 3-4 BHs to see stroke form and power. Footage quality does not have to be good. All people will need to see is stroke production to see what seems like it might be useful to your child.

Reactions: Baal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thanks for your feedback & recommendations nymose
I coincidentally have the same Palio rubber but with 2.0/Max rubber, which is not helping in building her arm swing. She’s tall for her age so not so concerned about the size of handle.

Aah okay, then a "regular grown-up" grip is fine I guess ;)
I play with 2.2 on both sides of an Avalox bt777 and I still have to use a lot of swing or rather body movement, especially when playing against beginner to intermediate level players that don't do the most powerful loops. I don't have that much muscle at the moment.
1.8 mm could maybe be better for her. And on a slower blade she would definetly have to use more power and be forced to do a proper swing. The setup wouldn't do the work for her that's for sure.
2.2 or Max would be good for digging more into the sponge without the wood getting in the way, if it's not too hard a sponge. I prefer the feel of a thicker sponge for what it's worth. If it's better for a beginner I can't Say. But what thickness do the children in their 1st to 2nd year in China play with, I wonder.

Is it also the purple sponged 36-38 version that you have?

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well, it's seen from your perspective and not from the "general's" perspective anyways. And it's just compared to cj8000 and not every other rubber ;)
There is a difference between what could be a better choice for a beginner (they most likely don't have a preference as such) and for a more experienced player that prefers a hybrid between classic jap/euro and chinese rubbers that are in the ar/off category.

Well of course my friend. ALL opinions are ALWAYS subjective. There NEVER is such a thing as a general opinion:rolleyes:...........

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
""""" etics, laws and democracy are based on to a certain extend.""""

I do not believe in democracy.......................neither did Plato.
I think we better stop this, as we are too much off topic. ;)

So i close with one of my favourite sayings : ""I used to be a poet and a philosopher - now i am just a bum""

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
""""" etics, laws and democracy are based on to a certain extend.""""

I do not believe in democracy.......................neither did Plato.
I think we better stop this, as we are too much off topic. ;)

So i close with one of my favourite sayings : ""I used to be a poet and a philosopher - now i am just a bum""
Well I understand that, since a most of so called "democracy" isn't actual democracy.

Reactions: lodro
Prince Charming did a great job with Cinderella!!! He’d have no problems sizing your shoes, could be some trial and error involved though!!!

Lol i can relate. She is from my country and still alive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
You guys, are you still seriously recommending equipment for an 8 year old girl you have never seen play, don't know the size of her hand, don't know how strong she is, when someone has given this girl 15 lessons who could just tell the OP what she needs?

Think about it.

Can you tell me what size shoes I should wear? I want a new pair of shoes. Can you tell me what size to get?

Carl I would definitely get the Butterfly Groovy Shoe. $124.99
Only those really serious about TT would get this shoe.
https://bit.ly/2EOiUIy

;)

I have a 6 yr old & 10 yr old. I've played with both of them before but I wouldn't say they have a burning desire to play TT. And I don't want to be the type of parent who wants it for them more than they do. ;)

So I didn't even really read the OP's fully post. I just caught 8 years old. Has had about 15 lessons. My gut reaction to the question was... IDK Any dual inverted blade you can get at Walmart? Or better yet, let her hit with one of your old blades?

I don't think it really matters that much this early on. If she's still playing a year from now and likes it and wants to get better? Sure look for a blade just for her then.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl I would definitely get the Butterfly Groovy Shoe. $124.99
Only those really serious about TT would get this shoe.
https://bit.ly/2EOiUIy

;)

I have a 6 yr old & 10 yr old. I've played with both of them before but I wouldn't say they have a burning desire to play TT. And I don't want to be the type of parent who wants it for them more than they do. ;)

So I didn't even really read the OP's fully post. I just caught 8 years old. Has had about 15 lessons. My gut reaction to the question was... IDK Any dual inverted blade you can get at Walmart? Or better yet, let her hit with one of your old blades?

I don't think it really matters that much this early on. If she's still playing a year from now and likes it and wants to get better? Sure look for a blade just for her then.

I do think this is an excellent post.

says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
I can send a beginners blade. You just have to pay the shipping.

Got some allround blades with some buttefly rubbers.

Reactions: jangra81
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. What I think would work for about 90% of all newbies is som kind of allround blade like the Yasaka Sweden Classic, Stiga Allround Classic or perhaps a cheaper one Yinhe 896. Quite soft, light weight rubbers without tensor effect for learning the strokes fully. Many younger players in my use the 729 Focus III Snipe. It's quite cheap, light weight and non-tacky. Good grip but not that spin sensitive. They come in tree different sponge hardnesses: 42, 44 & 46. 44 will work on both forehand and backhand for many players I guess. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32811623656.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.63.7a4679ecGsK0hh But as said before. We don't know exactly what's best for your daughter. :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I want to make a setup for my friend's daughter who is 8, and is a light-weight constitution, I think she weights perhaps 24kg. She started playing recently and makes good progress. I'm clear about the blade, I'll take 5-ply light all-round blade, NP there. The question is about the rubbers. I'd welcome any suggestion for rel. slow and light-weight rubbers, which I can buy preferably in 1.7-2.0. I recently bought 8 Yinhe Mercury 2 for other kids, which is tacky, and fine for older stronger kids, but this time I tend to go for non-tacky light rubber. Actually here I tend to go for Yasaka Mark V, or possibly Sriver - but I'm not sure whether L, EL, FX. Any suggestion are welcome.

I hope it's OK to wake this thread, didn't want to start new.

Reactions: JJ Ng