Important: How Scammers Operate. Info from Baal on MyTT worth having on TTDaily Also

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Important: How Scammers Operate. Info from Baal on MyTT worth having on TTDaily Also

This is a thread Baal made on MyTT. It is worth having this content here as well. Read content from Baal below or click the link to see the original thread on MyTT.

Link to thread on MyTT: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic88897_page1.html#1102661

Dear forum members who buy and sell blades here.

One way some of the more notorious scammers evade detection is by constantly creating new accounts and not actually posting in threads. They operate primarily by PM.

So, if you have posted a Looking For thread and are searching for a specific item, these people may contact you by PM and make an offer. Now it may be that they will have what you want.

But.....

1. Please look to see if the person has joined very recently.

2. Also, check in their profile to see if they have ever posted a comment in a thread, or created a thread here.

3. If the person contacting you is new and/or has no history of commenting please proceed with great caution! Those are major red flags.

4. Under NO circumstances should you use the Paypal as a gift option (Friends and Family) but especially if the red flags noted above are waving. You must use Paypal in a way that protects your money in case the deal goes bad, for example the blade never comes or is not as advertised or is a fake. Remember, some guy you are making a transaction with on the internet for the first time is not a member of your family and may not be your friend.

5. If you decide to proceed anyway, demand to see photographs of the ACTUAL blade and demand to know when he will be shipping the blade. If photos of the actual blade are not immediately forthcoming -- if he doesn't send them to you in a day or two, do not proceed with the transaction! And remember, a cut and paste of a manufacturer's picture is not good enough. You need to see a photo of the actual blade taken in a way that makes it clear that he has it in hand. A picture of the blade in his hand is not a bad thing to ask for, even if the item is said to be new.

6. You probably don't want to buy a "new blade" from someone here who does not have a pretty extensive history of selling here.

Finally, let me note a few other things: The vast majority of transactions here, 99.9%, proceed just fine. That is because most of our members are honest and are NOT scammers. But, if you are suspicious of something, let me know. We do our best to protect members by instituting new rules as needed, by providing feedback threads, and by advising members on best practices. But if you do dumb stuff and don't protect yourself, we can't help you. Also, using the forum to buy and sell is a privilege, not a right. The forum has rules and they have to be followed. They are in place to protect the members. They are not that hard to follow. If somebody refuses to follow the rules, if they think they are exempt because selling TT stuff is how they make a living, they should not be allowed to sell here. They can go to ebay.

There are people who operate this way so we all have to be careful when buying from someone on the forum. I really appreciate how Baal put this information together. It is worth anyone thinking of buying on the forum really read the content and do some homework before buying from someone who sends you a PM but is relatively new to the forum.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think aliexpress scammers who buys equipment from the chinese suppliers and open disput without reason for refund and still writing here they need to expose too.

Explain more fully. Feel free to add links to examples of what you are talking about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
If you feel unsafe if the seller really has the blade, and is not using old photos taken from someone else; you can always tell the seller to take a photo of the blade with your name written on a piece of paper.
For example:

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_212750.jpg
    IMG_20200928_212750.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 569
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
If you feel unsafe if the seller really has the blade, and is not using old photos taken from someone else; you can always tell the seller to take a photo of the blade with your name written on a piece of paper.
For example:

When I was considering buying a used expensive blade, I asked the seller to photograph the blade next to a glass of water, just to be sure he wasn't using someone else's photo.
But your suggestion is even better!!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I want to be clear, the purpose of this thread is to inform forum members of ways to avoid being scammed by someone who would want to take your money and not give you what you were trying to buy from them, or to sell you something like a counterfeit version of a product instead of the real product.

The information presented by Baal is to help any forum member who wants to buy TT equipment from a member on the forum to know ways to stay protected from getting tricked by a scam artist.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is polish guy here who cant glue his boosted rubber and he write to his Chinese sellers for refund or open dispute because they send him old rubber so this is always a lie because it is hard to judge what is old rubber. Guys are under pressure because they dont want problems from Ali and they send him new free rubbers. He did that all the time but the funniest fact is people likes him here but his behavior is not good. I dont say his name because I am not rat. I just want to show that the most liked guys are not the same in real life.
Im not stupid no one likes me here but in personal face to face communication it easier to find solution

Well, what you are talking about sounds like it is something different than what this thread is about. It sounds like you are talking about someone scamming or trying to scam a company they bought a product from into giving them a second version of that product for free....or something like that. Is that correct? Is that what you are trying to describe?

Or did this person scam you personally out of money?

Did he get you to pay them through PayPal Friends and Family and then not send you a product they were supposed to?

Did they tell you they had a real Viscaria to sell you and when you received it in the mail, you found out it was a $15.00 counterfeit?

I do not condone scamming a company that sells on a site like AliBaba into giving free products by claiming the product was faulty or damaged when it is not true. But this thread is about protecting FORUM MEMBERS from people who come on the forum pretending to be selling something but they are trying to separate YOU AND OTHER FORUM MEMBERS from your money without having the actual products they say they will sell you.

So, to me, it sounds like you might be misunderstanding the purpose of the information presented. If you wish to tell the company that has been scammed, you could do that.

But this thread is to try and protect people who buy from sellers ON TABLE TENNIS DAILY and get ripped off because their money is taken and they do not receive what they paid for. Is this in any way related to what you are presenting?

The idea is: IF YOU BUY TT products from someone on the forum,

a) if the person does not have a history or reputation as a seller of TT products on the forum who has some people who will say that the seller is reputable,
b) if you buy from a person who does not present the price and photos of the actual item he is selling (ie: not a photo from Butterfly but a photo of the blade, in their hand, that they will sell so people can see if it is a true product or a counterfeit)
c) if the person wants you to PM him but won't show photos to the forum as a whole
d) if the person is trying to get you to pay a price you think is too high
e) if the person is trying to sell you through messages on his visitor message board rather than creating a thread for the whole forum to see

DON'T BUY. If you think it is a scam, do not take the offer.

But, Konrad, if YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED by the person you are referring to, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I want to be clear, the purpose of this thread is to inform forum members of ways to avoid being scammed by someone who would want to take your money and not give you what you were trying to buy from them, or to sell you something like a counterfeit version of a product instead of the real product.

The information presented by Baal is to help any forum member who wants to buy TT equipment from a member on the forum to know ways to stay protected from getting tricked by a scam artist.

The best way to avoid any problem is buying in an official store, so simple like that.If you pay peanuts you have monkeys.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Most buy/sell transactions here and at MyTT go well. > 99%. And not everybody is looking for a new blade. I certainly buy new stuff from regular vendors. But my main blade is a black tag Viscsria I bought at MyTT. People just need to use a bit of caution.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
UpSideDownCarl I just wanna say that scam has different names. This is not personal for this guy because he is smart even when he makes bad decisions for small sellers from China. Next time he can scam you too this is normal process
If we consider paypal fees, and cost of shipment for EU and other. We can find that international small deals cant exist

My point is, the thread is about trying to protect forum members from getting scammed. I am not trying to protect stores on AliBaba from being scammed. Hopefully they have some means of doing that for themselves. So, that you continue about this, when it is absolutely not the subject of this thread, does make me wonder.

If you know this person, and have not been scammed by him, but want to protect the store from getting scammed by him, why don't you talk to him, or the store he scammed if this is such a big issue for you?

But if this forum member who you know personally is scamming anyone on the forum, feel free to inform us.

Last edited: