Rakza Z vs Free chack glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
So after reading a few posts and watching some youtube videos I tried to remove the glue layer from a sheet of Rakza Z. Managed to get some off but destroyed the sponge in the process [emoji53]. Is that the glue, rubber or me to blame? By the way, the same glue came easily off the sponge of Yasaka Rising Dragon.
e56f1d70e0dd04996b41d93567f16a4e.jpg
a366605b930902130122e016182c0eb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
So after reading a few posts and watching some youtube videos I tried to remove the glue layer from a sheet of Rakza Z. Managed to get some off but destroyed the sponge in the process [emoji53]. Is that the glue, rubber or me to blame? By the way, the same glue came easily off the sponge of Yasaka Rising Dragon.
cache.php
cache.php

A very easy (but a little costly), way to remove any waterglue form rubbers, is using the Tear Mender glue.
Just apply 1-2 thick layers of Tear Mender ON TOP of the glue that you have used: It creates a thick film which is very easily removed without any hassle. I've done it many times and had no problems with tearing or damaging the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thank you, just ordered some Tear Mender from amazon. Though I still can't believe it's possible to remove that glue, I have blisters on 4 fingers after my unsucessful try yesterday. And as adviced on many posts I added a few extra layers of the same free chack glue on top - didn't help at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Have never used Free Chack, but Nittaku Finezip seems relatively easy to remove, even from softer rubbers. Very elastic and can be peeled of like stringcheese ;P still takes some time though.when you've rolled some up, so that you have an edge of glue that you can grap, then pull it off all the way. Wont break that easily. I don't know if all water based glue is like this though.
Afterwards you still have to remove all these very small glue crums.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I got this suggestion from a club mate. Equipments; iron without steam, paper, spoon.

Steps;
1) Put paper onto glue layer
2) Hold iron few seconds on paper
3) Remove paper
4) Rub heated glue layer with back of spoon
5) Repeat this until all glue is removed

This is the best solution that I used so far. Maybe few sponge particles come off. If you are careful and glue is heated enough, you can remove glue perfectly.

It takes 5 minutes per rubber.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L09 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Thank you, just ordered some Tear Mender from amazon. Though I still can't believe it's possible to remove that glue, I have blisters on 4 fingers after my unsucessful try yesterday. And as adviced on many posts I added a few extra layers of the same free chack glue on top - didn't help at all.

I have used Tear Mender on top of Free Chalk II and worked like a charm.
You'll have no problem to remove it, believe me. Keep me posted on the results.

Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Use the back of a spoon to roll the glue, don’t use your finger. Using both rolling and peeling would work for my H3.
Modern ESN rubber sponges however all have that problem, peeling off too easily, not just the rakza Z. (I’ve got it with mx-p, mx-s, fastarc g-1). I just simply put a new layer of glue on top of these really.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I never bother to remove glue from the rubber. I do remove it from the blade.

That being said, When gluing I apply glue evenly, but thin, and make sure it’s dried enough. Very porous, light sponges do take a bit more glue, but even so: upon removal, the bulk of it is on the blade and easily removed.

I’ve seen people put it on thick, even on multiple thick layers. To me, that felt wrong when playing. Less crisp, more mushy. To each her own, of course, yet: why the hassle, I wonder?

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thanks everybody so much for all the suggestions. I also feel that multiple layers (especially if they are thicker) of the glue make the rubber feel mushier and the blade not so crisp. I'll try both the hot iron and the Tear Mender methods and post the results. By the way, I tried to use a special rubber block (Neottec Glue Remover Sponge, bought it on tt11) to roll the glue, but it also rolls the pieces of the sponge and there is no chance to pull the rolled pieces off without damaging the sponge. The block works very nicely for removing the residue of glue from the blade though, highly recommended.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The result is the same using Revolution 3 glue.
It is very difficult to get rid of glue residue off the sponge without damaging it.
Any attempt to pull the glue off the sheet like they show in their videos will without fail start to rip
bits of the sponge away.

Rolling it off with the flat hand did the trick.
Only rubber this ever happened.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
The result is the same using Revolution 3 glue.
It is very difficult to get rid of glue residue off the sponge without damaging it.
Any attempt to pull the glue off the sheet like they show in their videos will without fail start to rip
bits of the sponge away.

Rolling it off with the flat hand did the trick.
Only rubber this ever happened.

I think you are referring to this video
The guy must have applied at least 5-6 layers of glue, just for the video. There's no way that this can be done with 1-2 layers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAwp6V9eDU

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I think you are referring to this video
The guy must have applied at least 5-6 layers of glue, just for the video. There's no way that this can be done with 1-2 layers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAwp6V9eDU

I normally use 1 layer on the blade and 3 layers on the sponge and YES , every other rubber the glue came off in 1 hit just like the video.
Maybe there is something "special" with the RAKZA 7 Hybrid energy rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
OMG, the fully dried glue looks like liquid rubber in the video! Free chack is hard like resin and rolls into small stone hard balls, especially on the Rakza sponge. However, as I wrote before, I quite easily removed it from the Rising/Shininig Dragon rubber. So it must be the sponge/glue combo.

I reglued my Rakza Z twice. First time I only added an additional layer on the sponge + one on the blade for a total of 5 or 6 layers. The second time I could remove this thick layer without any tricks and major damages although some small parts especially at the edges came off. Maybe that worked so well because there was only one day between reglues. Glue was Gewo Hydrotec.
But... More or less the same procedure did not work on a Hexer PowerGrip (looks more or less like your Z now). Other ESN sponges like FastArcs are also prone to this. No problems so far with Chinese rubbers like the H3.
If one doesn't care to use baby oil/paraffin oil or boosters can try that too (only a thin layer and some time to let it get into the glue required). These will soften the glue and make it easier to remove (but that may result in a slimy, sticky mess of glue)...
Other tools I use to remove/roll the glue are either a TT ball or some leftover rubber pieces.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
[QUOTE=burhanayan

Steps;
1) Put paper onto glue layer
2) Hold iron few seconds on paper
3) Remove paper
4) Rub heated glue layer with back of spoon
5) Repeat this until all glue is removed

This is the best solution that I used so far. Maybe few sponge particles come off. If you are careful and glue is heated enough, you can remove glue perfectly"

YEP !!!
Thanking you kindly heating it with the old iron did the job.
I managed to lift an edge of glue up and then could pull the whole glue
off just like they show in the Evo 3 videos.

1000 thanks

Reactions: burhanayan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The possibility to remove old glue definely depends on type of glue. It was also way easier in my opinion with spedglue.