xiom vega x vs joola dynaryz acc

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Guys,

Been trying the xiom vega x as a replacement for the joola dynaryz acc. Mainly because of budget. I play it in the BH.

First impressions: the Vega x is a rocket compared to the Acc. Spin and active blocks are great. But i can't seem to get it under controle. Lots of pushes go long or shoot up way to high. Passive blocks go long.
Also the rubber feels very heavy compared to my joola golden tango FH. I'll give it a few more sessions. But it think it's gonna be a hard nut to crack.

Are there other people who have the same issues with the vega? Do people have another good and alternative for thz dynaryz?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
If budget is the issue that is gonna limit you a lot then.
Because very few quality rubbers are in the Vega X range.

Like I said in previous posts, the rubber is indeed very heavy 75 grams and it's hard to control yes.
I played with Dynyraz ACC and Vega X on the same bat and I would prefer Dynaryz all the time.

If control is the issue, I switched my Vega X after a while with Andro Hexer PowerGrip and it improved on all the issues the vega X had. The Hexer Powergrip is a spin champion with lot's of control.
Both rubbers have the same hardness , about 47,5 ESN scale so they feel similar.

I'm convinced it would suit you way more because you drew the exact same conclusions like me on the dynaryz and Vega X.
I'm just not sure if that is in your budget range though.

This user has no status.
Right now I like using Rhyzer Pro 45 on backhand. The reason I like it is because the “Pro” topsheet is harder than most tensor topsheets which makes it pretty good for both brushing and hitting contact. But, if you don’t really use a brushing contact on backhand, then I would choose something else.

It’s also pretty direct and predictable.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I tried the Xiom again in practice today. And it felt much more controlable. It still felt really fast. But i had way less issues with balls popping up or going long.

Maybe because the glue has settled? Maybe i had an offday last week.Or maybe i'm adjusting. I dunno.

The fun thing about this rubber is the topspin and blocking. When you hit it good, it feels very fast and balls are hard to block.

The struggle is still real, but I'm not giving up just yet.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I gave it two weeks. Tryd ot BH and Fh and it's just to fast and springy for me. When playing with it I need to post too much effort in controling the ball.
I like a bit of the catapult effect, but i'm not yet a the level to control this one.

Do you guys think fast arc g1 has less catapult?

I kinda want to try it out.

This user has no status.
I gave it two weeks. Tryd ot BH and Fh and it's just to fast and springy for me. When playing with it I need to post too much effort in controling the ball.
I like a bit of the catapult effect, but i'm not yet a the level to control this one.

Do you guys think fast arc g1 has less catapult?

I kinda want to try it out.

Fast Arc G1 is really GOOD (I'm currently using 1.8mm for both FH and BH for 3 months so far) but even harder to control than vega X. If u want more control on Vega X, probably take 1.7mm version.

This user has no status.
Harder to control because of the catapult effect?
It's just my personal opinion. I've used both Vega X and G1 for a while. They both have less catapult effect than Ternergy (I used 05 for about 2 years). But G1 is a notch faster than Vega X. Maybe that's why I feel it's harder to control.
Anw, you should try it yourself, give at least 1 month for playing with the rubber. They are both good rubbers in the price range. In Slovakia, Vega X is 30 Euro and G1 is 36.9 Euro

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I orderd a fastarc G1 and a Tibhar Genius. They arrived today i slapped them on and it was awesome. Both 2mm. Both rubbers preformed exactly as expected. For now im using Fastarc FH and Genius BH. They are slower then the vega x and much more controlable for me. I cant hit the super awesome dream openers as with the vega. But i make a lot less unforced errors. Hooray!!