2020 China National Championship

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Tomorrow we will se
FZD vs LJK
ML vs WCQ

This will be interesting.

LJK usually plays very well against FZD, and the same can be said for WCQ vs ML (if I'm not mistaken, WCQ has a winning record against ML on international matches...though this time it is a domestic competition)

I have just checked: WCQ 2-1 ML, he won the last two ITTF matches (but ML won recently at Olympic simulation on teams competition)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Are the draws and results for this online in english anywhere? Didn't find them on ittf. Wanted to read through and find some close matches to watch without going through all 101 videos.

There is hardly any even in Chinese. CTTA couldn't care less about making them available online.

The closest you could get it in one place is here - http://website.zhibo.tv/schedule/160

Open with Chrome and then Translate the page.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Why chinese players are always so serious i dont see them smiling even at the.back ground

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

They treat this like a job because...it is.

The joy that us amateur players experience from playing or watching the sport - that doesn't exist for them. They are there for one reason only. It is work and their responsibility. It is not fun, it is not entertaining once you have put in that many hours and have that many expectations to meet, it is not even just a career where they have flexibility/freedom/adventure like some other pro players do, typically not from China.

It is really hard to comprehend this unless you have been around these players and see how they view it.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Check out this clip moments after Zhang Yudong beat Xu Chenhao. He yelled "I'm top 8," a reference to the rule that quarter finalists at the National Championships could join the National Team.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7006364022

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
They treat this like a job because...it is.

The joy that us amateur players experience from playing or watching the sport - that doesn't exist for them. They are there for one reason only. It is work and their responsibility. It is not fun, it is not entertaining once you have put in that many hours and have that many expectations to meet, it is not even just a career where they have flexibility/freedom/adventure like some other pro players do, typically not from China.

It is really hard to comprehend this unless you have been around these players and see how they view it.

thank you for that explanation, i thought they are not allowed to smile even just a little ;)

Jan 2018
Go CM! I expect nothing less from you!

CM vs SYS
4:0, 4:2, 11:2!
1:0, 1:1, 1:2, 5:2, 5:3, 6:3, 6:4, 8:4, 8:5, 8:6, 9:6, 9:7, 11:7!
3:0, 3:1, 4:1, 4:2, 5:2, 5:4, 6:4, 6:8, 7:8, 7:9, 8:9, TO for SYS, expedite rule in an attacker-attacker match? 8:10, 9:10, 12:10!
1:1, 6:1, 6:3, 8:3, 8:6, TO for CM, 8:7, 10:7, 10:9, 11:9!

Oh, after all these *bleep* years!!!
DJnjeN3.jpg

yJcjARn.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The doubles title is the one I think Ma Long really wanted (I remember the last time they didn't win it, he and Xu Xin were not happy).

That loss at 2017 National Games was specially tough for XX since he was injured. There was a video back then that, after the match, he was sitting with heads down (or something like that), and ML seemed to try to comfort him.

The National Championship doesn't have the same weight as the National Games (at least from what I could understand), but it is always really good to see the "old" duo winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel