Yasaka Rakza 7 is doming the wrong way

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This rubber, Rakza 7 right after taking out of it's envelope has developed a dome.
It curls up exactly the opposite way as it would when one uses the boosters on the sponge.

I got another couple of rubbers (61 seconds) that are doing the same.

When glued down using either revo3 or XVT glue-sheets , then left overnight in a press it comes out alright
but within a couple of hours the rubber are "doming and come off the glue completely.

Does this happen often and what would be the remedy ?

thanks for you input
lodro IMG_20201001_145248.jpg

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Thank you,
Yes, the blade has been sealed and lightly sanded with 600grit...................long long ago.

Are we expecting the rubber to come flat again ?
Because while this one is new out of the packet, the 61 second rubber has been domed forever and whenever i check it it is still domed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
It’s modern rubber, not paper :)))) nothing wrong in the photo. U might have just not put enough glue on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I have had Rakza 7 dome the wrong way new out of package before. I think that the booster they use at factory has dried up, or the rubber has been on shelf for long time, or around to high of heat, which ever the oil in sponge has evaporated.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
My rakza 7 did the same and even worse.
But it never got lose or even off the racket after gluing. The dome is acutally way too weak to peel itself off of a blade. Maybe you failed to glue propperly. Happens to the best ������

Thank you for your kind input.
Yes indeed I have made 1 or 2 mistakes in my life before;)

Thing is, I prepared both FH and BH rubbers together and the red Tibhar MX-.S sticks perfectly fine.
I will let the Rakza out in the open air for a few days and then try again

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have had Rakza 7 dome the wrong way new out of package before. I think that the booster they use at factory has dried up, or the rubber has been on shelf for long time, or around to high of heat, which ever the oil in sponge has evaporated.

I see . I did not know that these rubbers were factory boosted. So, it serves me right.
As for the other points you are making, I have no control over these things. I pays me money and get what they give me.

Thanks for your kind input