How do you feel win or lost at 11-0?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I got back pain during the match ., but i try my best to continue the game.., without any mercy from opponent...i lost to him 11:0..how do you feel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
Luckily for me, I have never lost 11-0. If I am up 10-0, I will give a "pity point".

If I was in your shoes I think my first reaction would be to feel a little miffed that my opponent saw fit to beat me to 0 even though I was injured. But, it was my decision to continue playing even while injured so I don't think I would really be upset because my thinking is that if you are still playing you are saying to your opponent that you are fit to play and that you still want to win.

If my opponent is still playing and wants to win (even while injured) then I would also give my 100% effort because it is still a match and I still want to win. However, I would probably still give 1 pity point. I have even had cases where people have faked injury in order to get me to keep my guard down and relax and then they can get back into the match (I'm not saying you did this).

In regards to pity points - I do usually give them to people - but I know a few people who would be offended if I gave them pity points. So you can't really win either way!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i never give pity point in a competition, but thats because i never win 10-0 !

but i do lose 0-11 occasionally. Usually when i'm 0-10 down i like to miss intentionally the last point to avoid the other guy giving it to me, unless its matchpoint. Mind games :) I'm projecting myself already on the next set. Somehow i noticed some opponents lost their concentration after winning 11-0 but not so if 11-1 or 11-2.

i don't care losing 0-11 or 1-11 or 6-11 its all the same to me. At least 0-11 it can't be worse.

Actually last time I lost 0-11 was a few weeks ago in a training match in game 1. I won the 2nd set 11-2. and the third I won with normal margin. I had match points up 10-8 in the 5th and several match points at deuce but i lost the match (14-16 ??). Damn it. I still never have beaten that guy and i was so close this time.

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
It is disgusting and disrespectful to give a mercy point to another adult player. It is patronizing beyond belief.
I have beaten a player 11-0 in first set then lost 3-1 in match, it means nothing really.
Don't do it to kids (beginners) or your granny, but do not give a point, just play a bit looser and let them win one.

But never do this to your peers!

Baal is there a law on this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
It is disgusting and disrespectful to give a mercy point to another adult player. It is patronizing beyond belief.
I have beaten a player 11-0 in first set then lost 3-1 in match, it means nothing really.
Don't do it to kids (beginners) or your granny, but do not give a point, just play a bit looser and let them win one.

Haha whenever I play loose, I become better :)

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L09 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I don't feel humiliated when I loose set 11-0, 11-1... I feel humiliated whenever opponent gives me a mercy point.

On the other hand, 11-0, 11-1, 11-2 results mean that I have played with completely wrong tactics. Then I start to do on the next game the things that I haven't done at previous game.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L09 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I've won 11-0 before a long time ago because I didn't know any better. Since then, any opportunities at that I'll look to lose a point at 9-0 or certainly 10-0.

I think i've lost 0-11 a couple of times before. I honestly don't remember how many times. I think 2. Possibly 3 times before. The only thing I remember about those games that have something is common is that when that happens to you, you are so completely off, simply nothing breaks your way. I remember them getting to 6-0 being quick. Not being able to hit anything in and perhaps them being on quite a bit.

I really don't sweat it. You could play someone far far better than you and lose 11-3 or something like that. I guess. But to lose 0-11? I mean if they make one simple unforced error there's your point. I guess what I'm saying is that I haven't taken it personally or been upset. It's just like the perfect storm of absolutely everything going wrong in a single game. I figure if you do that math and do something often enough, even if unlikely, it's bound to happen at some point sooner or later. It can happen. if it does? meh. Move onto the next game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
The worse is losing 3-2 when you are 2-0 and having a match point against your opponent

this WE , i was down 0-2 and saved matchpoint in the 3rd, went up 8-6 in the 5th....
then it started to go all wrong, i started choking with no reason, i served in the net for example, and the opponent also landed all his risky shots, and lost 9-11. I am soooo upset

Agree. It is like rubbing salt on injury.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
At the us nationals I beat someone 11-0 in a game (3-0 final score) and they pulled me aside afterward, then informed how rude and disrespectful I was for not giving up a point. If it happened like that again, I'd probably try to win TWO games at 11-0 :D

I've come close to losing 11-0, but never quite managed it. I've been down 10-0 and come back to win, and also lost 11-2, probably 11-1 at some point in goofy games. So having beaten someone who had me at 10-0... I know it can be done! So I try to shut them out!

Also Liu Shiwen is one of my favorite players, and she somewhat recently shut out not one... but TWO of her teammates in competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi