how to use robot to help

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I found that training with Robot does not help me much. It seems I can hit the ball a lot easier , balls feed from the Robot bounce higher than real game. How can I use Robot to make it more like real ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
depends on robot
i have an amicus pro
and find that with lateral thinking a lot can be done.
The amicus can replicate just about any shot to any part of the table
for cheap robots with limited options there are still things to do:-

• the catch net allows you to practice your serve and to give and receive multiball efficiently
  • set the robot to send a chop ball long to wide fh with 3 second interval. player waits in bh corner in ready crouch and moves with best footwork to execute drive then returns to base and repeats. a class of players can do this by forming a queue adjust interval for pressure and variety. Use same principle to practice killing high balls or whatever you can think of
  • mix multiball with robot feed by setting a slow interval and with coach at side giving different shots between robot feed

If you find that the ball you get from your robot doesnt replicate actual play enough dont worry learning to deal with difference is still beneficial

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have started to use pre programmed routines, I can also programme my own routines if I want to. Downside for the robo pong 2055 is only 1 spin type can be used.
there is also a ‘random’ option, you can select the ‘spread’ or ‘oscillation’ as they call it, so I use both extremes as the max left and right ball placement, then the robot fires the balls at any position randomly, this is very good, especially when you have to adjust your position for balls that are fairly close to the previous ball, small adjustment rather than static and stretch.
if I want a lower ball, then I use a long serve ball feed, good for loop openers v backspin.

Sep 2016
thank you all of you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I am the developer of the pongfox.com smart table tennis robot. If you are using a basic robot then you can use various options like hitting the ball to different places in the table. when playing a stroke you can hit the ball either moving in or moving back. Another option is to change speed like one topspin slow speed, one medium speed and one fast.

Our robot is pretty advanced and it has a random option, as well as semirandom (example one middle one free anyplace), these along with some specific match drills are very helpful for me.