cant move forward, wrong blade or rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

First To me, I've been playing table tennis for almost 11 years. Here we come to the problem that it is not very successful.

First of all, in my youth I didn't really train and then we made a new team in my 3. year active and we lost everything 0: 9. Then I had the choice to stop or to train properly. I decided on the second one. The only problem is it didn't work well.

I've won every now and then and that was it. Then I switched to long pimples on the backhand because of wrist problems, which are gone again, and I played a positive balance for the first time.
It was the 18/19 season. That was of course cool, but it also had an aftertaste that it was only because of the long pimples.

Now that the wrist is fine again, I wanted to play with two pimples inside again.
So far I have a balance of 0:10.

So the pimplesblade is the Stiga Defensive Pro, a Vega Europe in 1.8mm and a Friendship 755 mystery.

My normal wood is a Boll ALC with Vega Pro max and Omega V Europe 2.0mm.

Should I stick with pimples because I was more successful with them or not?
I also strongly suspect that my normal wood is too fast.

Ah and after 11 years of table tennis we are talking about a TTR, thanks to the pimple balance, of approx. 1210 points.

And i play in the lowest class.

I also thought to buy an allplay with 2 classic rubbers in max and 2.0 like coppa or mark v.
would this be okay or to slow with the plastic ball?

I would be very happy to hear from you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
yes of course but a boll alc with vega pro is maybe to much and did you read what i say about the long pips and so?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
yes we have systemtraining and a former 2. bundesliga female coach.
welk in training everythings works fine but in matches even in trainingmatches i am getting worse. I think i go to fast at the ball or want to attack no matter what. with the long pips i didnt have this problem because i am playing we more defensive and think about attacking. maybe this was a reason too why i won more with them. but yeah i want to play to invert ruber.

yeah i thought maybe an allplay with vega pro but i dont know

yes of course but a boll alc with vega pro is maybe to much and did you read what i say about the long pips and so?

Yes, and your equipment is completely fine, so the only thing that is wrong must be your technique.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Yes, and your equipment is completely fine, so the only thing that is wrong must be your technique.
Hi Hamasaki, I don't think so, specially when he said he's going fine during training ( but with the long pimple or backside?) Then it could come from mental. Do you feel comfortable when you play? Do you feel extra pressure?
Maybe this is what you have to train, your mental under competiton pressure?
Maybe you're made to play defense with a long pimple which fits better with your personnality?
You have to chose your style then it will be easier to help you.

Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Well i want to play attack. But yeah like i wrote i had more wins with long pips.

In training i feel with the alc with vega pro and with the stiga defensive pro and long pips well. so with both ????

maybe i am made for defense but who knows

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
So play attack then! More fun -> more training, more focus, fight harder -> better developement -> better results.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
When I was younger, I had regular coaching (Weekly)and went on one ‘training camp’ for 4 days, the coaching takes time to take effect, and the training camp really seemed to feel as if I had taken a step backwards !!
This is because matches and training / stroke practice are for all intense and purpose completely different !!! Especially if you do a lot of ‘static’ training routines, Fh to Fh etc.

Stick with the coaching and training, it’ll take time and sometimes feel or appear sort of pointless, as you don’t see the results of the coaching reflected in the match performance straight away. In fact match performance can drop off slightly, then when you least expect it, stuff falls into place and you’ll have gone up a level!!

Also remember that the other people that attend the coaching and whom you practice / train with are likely to improve as well, plus they’ll know your strengths and weaknesses, so you may still lose to them, but actually you are likely to be playing to a higher standard.

Now, the training/coaching sessions I attend are much more focused on ‘irregular or semi-irregular’ routines. Which are better at preparing you for match situations.

Fun!!!
For the last 15 to 20 minutes (of a 2 hr session) we then usually play ‘top table’ (I’m sure many of you will be familiar with this!!) strongest players start on the bottom table, weakest at the top table. Games start 5-5 first player to 11 wins and shouts ‘STOP’, other games still in progress halt, unless score is even, they play deciding point. Winner (points leader) moves up 1 table towards the top table, losers down 1 towards the bottom table.
resulting movement of players up and down means you get a chance to play the best players. I find this really good fun, and everyone enjoys it,
if there are some much weaker players, then the coach adds an additional handicap - start score could be 7-3 to the weaker player, competitive but FUN, everyone wants to be on the top table, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone lose all their games.
Sometimes frustrating because (for the likes of me!!) after 1 hr 40 - 45mins of training I’m pretty knackered!!!!! and not at my sharpest!!!;);):mad:

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Find like an strange question. What do you want to use?

+1

Another thing, I have never heard of a German TT club not having a trainer and not having MANY members who are at a high enough level to advise on technique and equipment.

Never heard of a German club lacking any of this. Sure, great to ask on an international TT forum and ask all the fanboyz... so maybe I should give a fanboy response?

OK dude... so a ZJK Custom build with 2x 09C and a custom tianium studded hard case and you are good to go.

This user has no status.
+1

Another thing, I have never heard of a German TT club not having a trainer and not having MANY members who are at a high enough level to advise on technique and equipment.

Never heard of a German club lacking any of this. Sure, great to ask on an international TT forum and ask all the fanboyz... so maybe I should give a fanboy response?

OK dude... so a ZJK Custom build with 2x 09C and a custom tianium studded hard case and you are good to go.

I think the title might not be 100% correct.
He is hesitating between using long pimples (because of the win ratio) or switching back to normal attacking rubbers (with which setup is better/slower/more controllable than his current Boll ALC + 2 Vega rubbers).

My thought is to play with whatever you think it has more fun, and stick with it. (Even a SZLC and 2 da*n 09C haha)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
this would be an option but i can imagine it is very heavy because of the headsize of the blade
than i think an allround blade would be better than the def pro

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. If you like playing offensive with smooth on both sides, who cares what the win percentage is. Play the way that is more enjoyable to play.

And it can't hurt to try a slower blade. A blade like a Korbel or a Primorac may even be enough slower that you play well with it. But there are so many blades you could use that are Off- or All+ or All that any of them would be fine.

And then, if you still like playing with the ALC blade better than the slower all wood blade, you can just go back to that setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
yeah thats right i guess fun is more important.

there are a lot of cheap off blades like stiga offensive this wouldnt hurt so much.
or maybe instead of max i can try 2.0 on forehand

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hello,

First To me, I've been playing table tennis for almost 11 years. Here we come to the problem that it is not very successful.

First of all, in my youth I didn't really train and then we made a new team in my 3. year active and we lost everything 0: 9. Then I had the choice to stop or to train properly. I decided on the second one. The only problem is it didn't work well.

I've won every now and then and that was it. Then I switched to long pimples on the backhand because of wrist problems, which are gone again, and I played a positive balance for the first time.
It was the 18/19 season. That was of course cool, but it also had an aftertaste that it was only because of the long pimples.

Now that the wrist is fine again, I wanted to play with two pimples inside again.
So far I have a balance of 0:10.

So the pimplesblade is the Stiga Defensive Pro, a Vega Europe in 1.8mm and a Friendship 755 mystery.

My normal wood is a Boll ALC with Vega Pro max and Omega V Europe 2.0mm.

Should I stick with pimples because I was more successful with them or not?
I also strongly suspect that my normal wood is too fast.

Ah and after 11 years of table tennis we are talking about a TTR, thanks to the pimple balance, of approx. 1210 points.

And i play in the lowest class.

I also thought to buy an allplay with 2 classic rubbers in max and 2.0 like coppa or mark v.
would this be okay or to slow with the plastic ball?

I would be very happy to hear from you.

Stiga Def Pro, is a nice blade, and it’s not really that much slower than say a Stiga all round classic.
You use Vega Europe on Fh side, how do you get on with that as far as attacking is concerned? Can you get enough speed to finish a rally? Or do you think the Vega Europe is too slow?
Have you tried some practice drills on the backhand side using the Vega Europe? This will help

Rather than getting a new blade, you could put some faster rubbers on the Def Pro. The saving made not buying a new blade can then be put towards a new rubbers, if you don’t get on with them you can revert back to the old set up.
Another advantage of using the Def Pro as a trial, is that because the head size is larger than the Boll ALC the rubbers can be transferred to the Boll ALC and will fit (size wise). You’ll get a great insight to how the rubbers perform and if you still want to get an all / all+/ off- blade (which probably has a 99% chance of having a smaller head size / shape profile than the Def Pro) you can transfer the rubbers onto the new blade knowing that you’ll have to trim them to fit perfectly!!!
I’m a tart and like the rubbers to fit well !!!!;)