Xiom vega x, too heavy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello there! I've been trying out the xiom vega x rubber on both sides some sessions now. It feels pretty good, but it's very heavy. When I changed to vega x my racket become 20 grams heavier. It feels good away from the table but when I'm closer I'm not that fast because of the weight. So I think that maybe the vega x isn't for me.

Now I'm thinking about dna m maybe. Same hardness but lighter? I've played with it before but with a different blade and then it felt pretty good. So I'm asking how the dna is compared to the vega x. And maybe if there is a similar rubber to the vega x but lighter.

My racket weight with the vega x is 206 grams, and before, with different rubbers, it was 183 grams, and already then it felt heavy. So it could be that it just head heavy too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hello there! I've been trying out the xiom vega x rubber on both sides some sessions now. It feels pretty good, but it's very heavy. When I changed to vega x my racket become 20 grams heavier. It feels good away from the table but when I'm closer I'm not that fast because of the weight. So I think that maybe the vega x isn't for me.

Now I'm thinking about dna m maybe. Same hardness but lighter? I've played with it before but with a different blade and then it felt pretty good. So I'm asking how the dna is compared to the vega x. And maybe if there is a similar rubber to the vega x but lighter.

My racket weight with the vega x is 206 grams, and before, with different rubbers, it was 183 grams, and already then it felt heavy. So it could be that it just head heavy too.

Significantly lighter -but still heavy- is Vega Pro and quite similar to Vega X.

Here is a database that you can use, to check the weights of rubbers.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/

According to that, DNA M that you mention, is about 71gr, almost the same to Vega x which weights 72-74gr uncut.

Reactions: quanghuysk