Amultart x dignics 09c/05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello everyone,

I've been using timo boll alc for a couple of years now FH t05 BH d09c.

Decided to upgrade my blade as I feel that the Tb alc is not fast enough for me. Got an amultart eventually but could not decide on the rubber to get. Should I stick to t05 and 09c or should I use the dignics 05 on FH.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I am now using the TB ALC with D05 FH and 09c BH and it's a really nice setup. I actually moved from T05 to D05 because I find it a bit more stable and bit better spin. The Amultart is hinoki on the top if memory serves so the harder dignics indeed might be a better option for you with the blade choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Yes, the top ply is indeed hinoki. Thanks for the input.

Maybe I'll switch to d05 for FH & 09c for BH to try. My only worry is that the blade will be too fast sacrificing alot of control????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
it might be a bouncy setup with the hinoki so your short touch might need some change. The blade is a good blade. actually both are really good! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Personally I've not tried dignics 05, and I'm wondering whether the feel will be close to the t05.

I guess I'll just go for d05 and test it out this weekend.

I play with Amultart and Cornilleau Hinotec OFF+ carbon. I played many seasons with those blades, testing many rubber combinaisons.
In short, my best choice up to now is D05 1.9mm on both sides. It is a question of compromise between speed/spin/control/touch/smash/gears/serve/chikita/chopping/short game/nid-distance/flicks.

D09C 2.1 is a good option for those who are looping from beginning to the end, but racket gets heavy.
I hope some day to see Dan testing Hinotec OFF+ carbon ...

D09C 2.1mm

Hello everyone,

I've been using timo boll alc for a couple of years now FH t05 BH d09c.

Decided to upgrade my blade as I feel that the Tb alc is not fast enough for me. Got an amultart eventually but could not decide on the rubber to get. Should I stick to t05 and 09c or should I use the dignics 05 on FH.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
I am using Amultart 87g with 2x D09C 2.1mm and it is controllable.
On BH, D09C is quite hard feeling and it is better to replace by something else

With 2.1mm , you can play as defense too (chopper, smash also !).
At long distance, it is effortless to send the ball on the table.
In block, 2.1mm controls the ball, it is less the case with 1.9mm.
Smash are excellent with 1.9 and 2.1mm.
Amultart has a large sweet spot, it is good for looping, smashing, chopping , but not for shopping cause it is expensive ! ah ah !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fedex78