Tenergy 05 fx playing impression by semi-intermediate player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi,

My Andro Rasanter r47 rubber had started to wear off so had to change my rubber and this time I wanted to try out Tenergy rubber on my backhand and unfortunately didn't know anyone at our local club who uses this rubber, so I bought Tenergy 05 fx with 1.9 thickness for backhand and glued using Revolution #3 glue on Stiga Infinity VPS V blade. On forehand I've DHS hurricane Neo 3 commercial cheap version.

My first impression was that this is very very bouncy and fast rubber, the ball just shoots-off Also I felt that it's decently heavier rubber, the bat head seemed heavier than before.

Positive points with this rubber:
1: Flick opening on the backspin serve seemed easier. I felt that I had more margin for error when opening with a flick.

Negative aspects:
I had trouble controlling the ball as most of the time while trying to hit smash from backhand, the ball went out. I tried to keep the blade more closed but I think I didn't do enough. This happened a lot in practice and later in actual competition, after loosing few points while trying
to hit smash or blocks on a topspin, I lost my confidence in my backhand and I became very very passive and defensive during the game. This happened on two evenings of competition. Now I've put back the old Rasanter r47. Though it's wearing off (some parts of the rubber have become quite dead i think), i was able to block more easily in the next competition evening and could keep the ball on the table more.

So now I'm thinking what to do next ? These are my options currently:

1. Re-glue the Tenergy 05 Fx on backhand and work on my technique - Don't have lot of time to practice as the competition schedule is quite full.
  2. Stick to Andro Rasanter r47 which is wearing off - Gave me more control but I also don't like the fact that sometimes it is so unpredictable.
  3. Buy a new rubber ? Couple of rubbers I've in mind:
    1. Andro Rasanter r47: Same as current.
    2. Yasaka Rakza 7: Played with it in past on my older blade (Stiga allround classic) and liked it a lot
    3. Something else (any recommendation)

Also whatever rubber I might buy, I plan to buy something of middle thickness (Say 2.0 mm). I currently play at class 5 in Dutch regional table tennis competition which is the 3rd lowest class (7th being the lowest).

Some impression of my playing style (it's old video and I think my backhand has improved a little)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6OAF2Uh_I&ab_channel=KumarAmitMehta

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I would go with Rakza 7, since you had good experience with that one.
I'm guessing that you're not into softer sponges? Else I would suggest Evolution fx-s. El-s could then be a choice, but not sure if it's too bouncy? I only tried it once on a defensive blade and it had a good short game, but got significantly more bounce when really hitting through. Not that I couldn't control it for the most part.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
To me Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05fx are more controllable than Rakza 7. I find Rakza 7 more linear and bouncy on all shots, while the Tenergy 05's are easier to hit with on softer touch but when you really hit loops, drives, smashes with more force, the catapult really kicks in.
So similar to the Evolution series in nature, just less linear?

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thank you all for suggestions.

What you didn't liked of r47 on your backhand? Why not stay with it?
I find rasanter r47 to be not as consistent and durable as the Yasaka rakza 7. However you have a good point, As I've already played with r47 on my current blade, and it did kind of worked for me, then why not stick with it. I think It's just the curiosity that wants me to try few things and at the same time, do not want to do overdo things.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Do you hit the ball mostly with a brushing contact?
I think I do but maybe not so much. I will try to record a video with this setup and share it here. The coach has seen me play many times and he thinks I've good feeling for the ball. Also many of the amateurs at our club are using it who gave him good feedback about this rubber. Perhaps these were the reasons. Since then, I haven't been able to play, anxiously waiting to try it out in a real match.

says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
Hi,

My Andro Rasanter r47 rubber had started to wear off so had to change my rubber and this time I wanted to try out Tenergy rubber on my backhand and unfortunately didn't know anyone at our local club who uses this rubber, so I bought Tenergy 05 fx with 1.9 thickness for backhand and glued using Revolution #3 glue on Stiga Infinity VPS V blade. On forehand I've DHS hurricane Neo 3 commercial cheap version.

My first impression was that this is very very bouncy and fast rubber, the ball just shoots-off Also I felt that it's decently heavier rubber, the bat head seemed heavier than before.

Positive points with this rubber:
1: Flick opening on the backspin serve seemed easier. I felt that I had more margin for error when opening with a flick.

Negative aspects:
I had trouble controlling the ball as most of the time while trying to hit smash from backhand, the ball went out. I tried to keep the blade more closed but I think I didn't do enough. This happened a lot in practice and later in actual competition, after loosing few points while trying
to hit smash or blocks on a topspin, I lost my confidence in my backhand and I became very very passive and defensive during the game. This happened on two evenings of competition. Now I've put back the old Rasanter r47. Though it's wearing off (some parts of the rubber have become quite dead i think), i was able to block more easily in the next competition evening and could keep the ball on the table more.

So now I'm thinking what to do next ? These are my options currently:

1. Re-glue the Tenergy 05 Fx on backhand and work on my technique - Don't have lot of time to practice as the competition schedule is quite full.
  2. Stick to Andro Rasanter r47 which is wearing off - Gave me more control but I also don't like the fact that sometimes it is so unpredictable.
  3. Buy a new rubber ? Couple of rubbers I've in mind:
    1. Andro Rasanter r47: Same as current.
    2. Yasaka Rakza 7: Played with it in past on my older blade (Stiga allround classic) and liked it a lot
    3. Something else (any recommendation)

Also whatever rubber I might buy, I plan to buy something of middle thickness (Say 2.0 mm). I currently play at class 5 in Dutch regional table tennis competition which is the 3rd lowest class (7th being the lowest).

Some impression of my playing style (it's old video and I think my backhand has improved a little)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6OAF2Uh_I&ab_channel=KumarAmitMehta

Why dont u try the 36° H3 Neo on your backhand ?

if money is no problem, go for the dignics05 its just a perfection of a rubber.

I got tenergy05 on FH and dignics05 on backhand.
For me, the dignics is the better rubber in every aspect. It generates soo much spin while having good amount of control.

I´ll try a boosted H3 on FH soon.. if I dont like it I´ll buy a Dignics 05 or 09c prob.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Why dont u try the 36° H3 Neo on your backhand ?
- Yeah I might. It's cheap and lasts decently, but not know. I will first try what the coach suggested.

I´ll try a boosted H3 on FH soon.
Good idea, a friend of mine suggested me to try Friendship Battle 2. I've already ordered one for myself to try out on my FH. you might want to consider that as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The post is very useful to me. Thanks for more informative information sharing with me.

Oct 2020
- Yeah I might. It's cheap and lasts decently, but not know. I will first try what the coach suggested.

Good idea, a friend of mine suggested me to try Friendship Battle 2. I've already ordered one for myself to try out on my FH. you might want to consider that as well.

Oh cool, yea I wanna try the battle 2 as well .. but h3 first..

Tell me what u think about the battle once u´ve tested it please :)
Thanks!