• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 16 of 16
    1. Top | #1
      Amit Mehta is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Netherlands

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza X

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

      Tenergy 05 fx playing impression by semi-intermediate player

      Hi,


      My Andro Rasanter r47 rubber had started to wear off so had to change my rubber and this time I wanted to try out Tenergy rubber on my backhand and unfortunately didn't know anyone at our local club who uses this rubber, so I bought Tenergy 05 fx with 1.9 thickness for backhand and glued using Revolution #3 glue on Stiga Infinity VPS V blade. On forehand I've DHS hurricane Neo 3 commercial cheap version.


      My first impression was that this is very very bouncy and fast rubber, the ball just shoots-off Also I felt that it's decently heavier rubber, the bat head seemed heavier than before.

      Positive points with this rubber:
      1: Flick opening on the backspin serve seemed easier. I felt that I had more margin for error when opening with a flick.


      Negative aspects:
      I had trouble controlling the ball as most of the time while trying to hit smash from backhand, the ball went out. I tried to keep the blade more closed but I think I didn't do enough. This happened a lot in practice and later in actual competition, after loosing few points while trying
      to hit smash or blocks on a topspin, I lost my confidence in my backhand and I became very very passive and defensive during the game. This happened on two evenings of competition. Now I've put back the old Rasanter r47. Though it's wearing off (some parts of the rubber have become quite dead i think), i was able to block more easily in the next competition evening and could keep the ball on the table more.


      So now I'm thinking what to do next ? These are my options currently:

      1. Re-glue the Tenergy 05 Fx on backhand and work on my technique - Don't have lot of time to practice as the competition schedule is quite full.
      2. Stick to Andro Rasanter r47 which is wearing off - Gave me more control but I also don't like the fact that sometimes it is so unpredictable.
      3. Buy a new rubber ? Couple of rubbers I've in mind:
        1. Andro Rasanter r47: Same as current.
        2. Yasaka Rakza 7: Played with it in past on my older blade (Stiga allround classic) and liked it a lot
        3. Something else (any recommendation)



      Also whatever rubber I might buy, I plan to buy something of middle thickness (Say 2.0 mm). I currently play at class 5 in Dutch regional table tennis competition which is the 3rd lowest class (7th being the lowest).


      Some impression of my playing style (it's old video and I think my backhand has improved a little)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6O...KumarAmitMehta

    2. Top | #2
      nymose is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Denmark

      Equipment:
      Blade Avalox BT 550 / Avalox BT 555

      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      Zealand Nærum
      Posts
      310
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 40 Times in 37 Posts
      I would go with Rakza 7, since you had good experience with that one.
      I'm guessing that you're not into softer sponges? Else I would suggest Evolution fx-s. El-s could then be a choice, but not sure if it's too bouncy? I only tried it once on a defensive blade and it had a good short game, but got significantly more bounce when really hitting through. Not that I couldn't control it for the most part.

      Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk
      Last edited by nymose; 10-07-2020 at 02:01 PM.

    3. Top | #3
      areyep is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Brazil
      areyep's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Primorac
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Blumenau
      Posts
      9
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      What you didn't liked of r47 on your backhand? Why not stay with it?


      Rakza 7 is always a safe choice, very predictable rubber e good durability.
      Rakza 7 Soft I've got the same impressions as you with T05FX.

    4. The Following User Likes areyep's Post:

      nymose (10-07-2020)

    5. Top | #4
      Tembel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Destroyer

      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      43
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 40 Times in 23 Posts
      To me Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05fx are more controllable than Rakza 7. I find Rakza 7 more linear and bouncy on all shots, while the Tenergy 05's are easier to hit with on softer touch but when you really hit loops, drives, smashes with more force, the catapult really kicks in.

    6. Top | #5
      nymose is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Denmark

      Equipment:
      Blade Avalox BT 550 / Avalox BT 555

      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      Zealand Nærum
      Posts
      310
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 40 Times in 37 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tembel View Post
      To me Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05fx are more controllable than Rakza 7. I find Rakza 7 more linear and bouncy on all shots, while the Tenergy 05's are easier to hit with on softer touch but when you really hit loops, drives, smashes with more force, the catapult really kicks in.
      So similar to the Evolution series in nature, just less linear?

      Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

    7. Top | #6
      Ilcane1 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Italy

      Equipment:
      Blade Animus neptunus 7 Alc
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-S

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      75
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
      I suggest gewo nexxus el pro 48. I'm playing with this rubber for 2 months on a stiga offensive classic. Also for fh it is good. Enough spin and speed ( not the spinnest, not the fastest) but a good combination with high control level.

    8. The Following User Likes Ilcane1's Post:

      trumpet_guy (10-08-2020)

    9. Top | #7
      Amit Mehta is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Netherlands

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza X

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      Thank you all for suggestions.

      What you didn't liked of r47 on your backhand? Why not stay with it?
      I find rasanter r47 to be not as consistent and durable as the Yasaka rakza 7. However you have a good point, As I've already played with r47 on my current blade, and it did kind of worked for me, then why not stick with it. I think It's just the curiosity that wants me to try few things and at the same time, do not want to do overdo things.
      Last edited by Amit Mehta; 10-08-2020 at 11:42 PM.

    10. Top | #8
      Bilge Dogan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey

      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Latika
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku C-1
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku P-1

      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Location
      Istanbul
      Posts
      24
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
      You may consider new R48. I have tested it and plan to use after my current rubbers worn out. Feels softer, faster and spinnier than R47

    11. Top | #9
      Amit Mehta is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Netherlands

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza X

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      One coach suggested me to try rasanter r53 and I went ahead with his suggestion. Luckily there was also 25% discount on this rubber at a local shop :-)

    12. Top | #10
      BryanY is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States
      BryanY's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Long 5
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 09C
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 45

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      507
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 183 Times in 134 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Amit Mehta View Post
      One coach suggested me to try rasanter r53 and I went ahead with his suggestion. Luckily there was also 25% discount on this rubber at a local shop :-)
      R53 on backhand? That’s a really hard sponge for backhand. Do you hit the ball mostly with a brushing contact?

    13. Top | #11
      Amit Mehta is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Netherlands

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza X

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      Do you hit the ball mostly with a brushing contact?
      I think I do but maybe not so much. I will try to record a video with this setup and share it here. The coach has seen me play many times and he thinks I've good feeling for the ball. Also many of the amateurs at our club are using it who gave him good feedback about this rubber. Perhaps these were the reasons. Since then, I haven't been able to play, anxiously waiting to try it out in a real match.

    14. Top | #12
      tabletennistom123 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Oct 2020
      Posts
      51
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Amit Mehta View Post
      Hi,


      My Andro Rasanter r47 rubber had started to wear off so had to change my rubber and this time I wanted to try out Tenergy rubber on my backhand and unfortunately didn't know anyone at our local club who uses this rubber, so I bought Tenergy 05 fx with 1.9 thickness for backhand and glued using Revolution #3 glue on Stiga Infinity VPS V blade. On forehand I've DHS hurricane Neo 3 commercial cheap version.


      My first impression was that this is very very bouncy and fast rubber, the ball just shoots-off Also I felt that it's decently heavier rubber, the bat head seemed heavier than before.

      Positive points with this rubber:
      1: Flick opening on the backspin serve seemed easier. I felt that I had more margin for error when opening with a flick.


      Negative aspects:
      I had trouble controlling the ball as most of the time while trying to hit smash from backhand, the ball went out. I tried to keep the blade more closed but I think I didn't do enough. This happened a lot in practice and later in actual competition, after loosing few points while trying
      to hit smash or blocks on a topspin, I lost my confidence in my backhand and I became very very passive and defensive during the game. This happened on two evenings of competition. Now I've put back the old Rasanter r47. Though it's wearing off (some parts of the rubber have become quite dead i think), i was able to block more easily in the next competition evening and could keep the ball on the table more.


      So now I'm thinking what to do next ? These are my options currently:

      1. Re-glue the Tenergy 05 Fx on backhand and work on my technique - Don't have lot of time to practice as the competition schedule is quite full.
      2. Stick to Andro Rasanter r47 which is wearing off - Gave me more control but I also don't like the fact that sometimes it is so unpredictable.
      3. Buy a new rubber ? Couple of rubbers I've in mind:
        1. Andro Rasanter r47: Same as current.
        2. Yasaka Rakza 7: Played with it in past on my older blade (Stiga allround classic) and liked it a lot
        3. Something else (any recommendation)



      Also whatever rubber I might buy, I plan to buy something of middle thickness (Say 2.0 mm). I currently play at class 5 in Dutch regional table tennis competition which is the 3rd lowest class (7th being the lowest).


      Some impression of my playing style (it's old video and I think my backhand has improved a little)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6O...KumarAmitMehta

      Why dont u try the 36° H3 Neo on your backhand ?

      if money is no problem, go for the dignics05 its just a perfection of a rubber.

      I got tenergy05 on FH and dignics05 on backhand.
      For me, the dignics is the better rubber in every aspect. It generates soo much spin while having good amount of control.

      I´ll try a boosted H3 on FH soon.. if I dont like it I´ll buy a Dignics 05 or 09c prob.

    15. Top | #13
      Amit Mehta is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Netherlands

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza X

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      Why dont u try the 36° H3 Neo on your backhand ?
      - Yeah I might. It's cheap and lasts decently, but not know. I will first try what the coach suggested.

      I´ll try a boosted H3 on FH soon.
      Good idea, a friend of mine suggested me to try Friendship Battle 2. I've already ordered one for myself to try out on my FH. you might want to consider that as well.

    16. Top | #14
      yathitha is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Oct 2020
      Posts
      1
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      The post is very useful to me. Thanks for more informative information sharing with me.

    17. Top | #15
      tabletennistom123 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Germany


      Join Date
      Oct 2020
      Posts
      51
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Amit Mehta View Post
      - Yeah I might. It's cheap and lasts decently, but not know. I will first try what the coach suggested.

      Good idea, a friend of mine suggested me to try Friendship Battle 2. I've already ordered one for myself to try out on my FH. you might want to consider that as well.
      Oh cool, yea I wanna try the battle 2 as well .. but h3 first..

      Tell me what u think about the battle once u´ve tested it please
      Thanks!

    18. Top | #16
      Amit Mehta is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Netherlands

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity VPS V
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza X

      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      After about 6 hours of playing with rasanter r53 on my backhand in past few days, I can say that this is a very good rubber. It's a hard rubber, but still doesn't feel dead. It's not bouncy which I like and i could block very well, open up with topspin and worked well for aggressive flick returns as well.

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP