Apolonia zlc vs Viscaria vs Fretias alc

says Today I saw Shang Kung using Apolonia. Watch on insta...
Oct 2020
Suggestions for BUTTERFLY BALDES

Hi everyone,

Just want to confirm which is easier to play ? Easy to control ? Easy to generate spin ? & easy to block topspins in game.

According to butterfly Matrix chart the REACTION time of,

Apolonia ZLC - 10.5

Fretias ALC - 11.4

VISCARIA - 11.8

Zang jike ZLC - 11.7

Mizutani zlc - 11.8

So, is Apolonia ZLC REALLY slower in terms of speed ?

Requirements :-

I want easy to play & controlled blade, I want a dwell time so that I could easily clear the net even if I am not in a correct position to play the shot & like to block & topspin rallies in game

I want to use T05 on both side so I want to know which blade is easy to use with T05 ?

Last edited:
Oct 2020
Guys, may I have your thoughts on this ? Help me to buy one of these.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
They're all good with T05. Easiest to use is a question of style and feel. If you're just getting started in the game, none of the above. Try an Appelgren Allplay or a Xiom Solo. If you want something luxurious, Acoustic or Virtuoso. If it's got to be Butterfly, Korbel or Primorac. If it's got to be one of the above, and you can't try them yourself or get advice from a coach or a more experienced player, or post a match or practice video and let the equipment experts on this forum advise you, then Viscaria. It's the most popular of the blades you listed, so if you don't like it you can easily sell it and try again.

Reactions: guedir
Oct 2020
Thanks for your advise and appreciate. I bought innerforce layer alc which I felt slow, though all my balls were landing on table very consistent setup. But I wasn’t able to kill or finish the point with topspins and all were returning & sold it. Then I bought harimoto with T05 and it was faster than INNERFORCE layer alc but it was very head heavy & unlucky I again sold it. I borrowed VISCARIA from a friend with T05 again and it was doing everything loved it but it was very fast in the game and balls went out many times. So I want something between INNERFORCE and VISCARIA. I am in a very confusing zone right now. I am developing my stokes and want atleast something with limba so that I could clear the net easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Sounds like you're describing the Freitas. If that's what you want, go for it, but frequent equipment changes are more likely to hurt rather than help your game. Find something you like and stick with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you need time to adapt to the equipment.

Oct 2020
That’s is what I am trying & hunting for a right setup, so that I use the same setup at least 2 to 3 years. Initially it will be difficult for me to choose but as soon as I decide I’ll stick to it. I know that changing equipments ruins the game. Brother last 2 Questions:- 1. so you think that Fretias is the answer ? I know you can’t comment as you don’t know my playing style. But in general I am asking as I have decribed my requirements above ? 2. Is Tiago faster than Fretias ? May be I’ll will choose which is slower and easy to play.

Oct 2020
Hi,
This is true & I agree. Even if I adapt fast setup and give proper time to it & with practice I’ll surely get used to it.

Many thanks brother.

Oct 2020
More suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
None of those are slow especially if you put T05 on. If you are developing you really need to believe that. It’s somewhere else. Invest your thoughts into the right place could pay you much more than looking around.

Oct 2020
Hi,
Isn’t it slower than innerforce layer alc ?

Oct 2020
Thanks for the valuable info. I agree.

Oct 2020
Ok got it, have no problem in buying. I’ll buy and try in coming days for sure.

Is TIBHAR PAUL DRINKHALL SPIN CARBON also as same the blades I have mentioned above ?

Glad to have your reply.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
What about Inneforce layer ALC or Harimoto ALC? So much control, good speed, awesome dwell time (Regular inneforce is a bit stiffer than harimoto, harimoto's blade is more soft and slow)

Oct 2020
Hi,
The problem with the harimoto is they comes in very heavy weight and after putting rubbers on it, it becomes very head heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I agree, Harimoto's blade is a bit heavy, but if that's a problem for you the regular Inneforce layer ALC is a good solution. I have it paired with T05 fh and T80 bh (both 2.1mm) total weight blade+rubbers 180gr, awesome control, awesome dwell time and spin generation.

Oct 2020
Hi,
Thanks for the concern.

I can’t generate much POWER from my hand though I transfer weight. This is the area where I am lacking. Because of this reason I have to rely on equipment. Else I have no problem with innerforce layer alc & harimoto is same thing with head heavy. I want bit faster blade than innerforce not much. Not able to finish or kill the point in game. In other areas like generating spin, push, chop, flicks everything is perfect ???????? So this is the reason I mentioned the blades above in which I am interested.