Apolonia zlc vs Viscaria vs Fretias alc

says Today I saw Shang Kung using Apolonia. Watch on insta...
Oct 2020
Hello again,

Generating power is the area where I am lacking so that’s why I want bit faster than innerforce series.

Oct 2020
Hello,

VISCARIA is obvious faster than Fretias. If I have to choose for control and easy to play among of 2 you have advised then I’ll pick Fretias for sure as it has limba out for better net clearance with dwell time than VISCARIA with koto outer.

I appreciate your time for reply.

Oct 2020
Hello:)

This is detailed answer & thanks for describing everything for me. I think Fretias & Apolonia is an answer. I should throw out the T05 from my mind for the time being. Blade is a most important part of game than rubber. So, There are plenty of rubbers I can go for with better arc, less bouncy and if not same at least equal spin which are closer to T05 and on top of that at better price. I’ll try both the blades and which ever I like I’ll keep that. I also like viscaria but I tried with 05 & felt very fast, may be if I try with other rubbers then it’ll be a good performer. Still I will get more dwell with Fretias and Apolonia compare to VISCARIA.

Is MXP still compatible with plastic ball as it was made for celluloid balls back in time ? I know there are many and most of rubbers were made in those years and still continue e.g. T05 and so on. Does MXP works & perform well on butterfly blades ? as MXP works very well on Tibhar blades. I know there is 50° as well which is dedicated to plastic ball, but it is more tough to generate spin because of 2.5° More hardness added to it than the regular MXP which is 47.5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
If I was you, I would go here: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19018-SDC-Handmade-Blades and PM Hipnotic the master blade builder.

If you tell him what speed and type of reaction you want, the weight, the balance to the handle to stop it being head heavy, whether you want carbon inside or outside, what speed you want from the carbon, whether you want harder top ply or softer top ply, whether it should be soft and muted or crispy in feeling, he will make a blade for you to that exact specification. It is like buying a bespoke suit from Saville Row in London (think James Bond). You will end up with a blade much closer to what you want this way, rather than buying every Butterfly blade under the sun for silly money to find your imaginary unicorn blade (take it from someone who has done that and knows!).

A Viscaria composition with Innegra Carbon instead of ALC and Ako or Framiré instead of Koto seems to fit the bill here, with a heavier handle to shift the balance a bit.

Last edited: