Did Trump OOPs I mean Weikert authorize postponing presidential election

Rho

This user has no status.

Rho

This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Was there an election at AGM-2020 of the ITTF to elect a president ?

I am totally confused about this because the election must be done during the Olympic year.

I understand Olympics was moved to 2021 but still I heard, an AGM was held in 2020 to decide important things like where to hold where to hold 2023 WTTC but election of the president was not done

So what was the problem in electing a president at 2020 AGM ?

Who authorized that the president election be postponed ? 2020 AGM ? The executive council ?
Or Weikert himself just decided ?

I know Trump talked about postponing 2020 elections in USA.

I may be wrong on all this and maybe Weikert was re elected . I do not know

There were also rumors that Adham Sharara was seeking reelection as ITTF president. I am also very confused about this because can a person convicted by ITTF be reelected ? I was shocked to learn he was re elected to be president of TT Canada

If there was no reelection in 2020,is Jean Michel Saive going to try again in 2021 or is there a fourth candidate ?

Do you think Wekert must continue as president or should he be replaced ?

Last edited:

Rho

This user has no status.

Rho

This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Was there an election at AGM-2020 of the ITTF to elect a president ?

I am totally confused about this because the election must be done during the Olympic year.

I understand Olympics was moved to 2021 but still I heard, an AGM was held in 2020 to decide important things like where to hold where to hold 2023 WTTC but election of the president was not done

So what was the problem in electing a president at 2020 AGM ?

Who authorized that the president election be postponed ? 2020 AGM ? The executive council ?
Or Weikert himself just decided ?

I know Trump talked about postponing 2020 elections in USA.

I may be wrong on all this and maybe Weikert was re elected . I do not know

There were also rumors that Adham Sharara was seeking reelection as ITTF president. I am also very confused about this because can a person convicted by ITTF be reelected ? I was shocked to learn he was re elected to be president of TT Canada

If there was no reelection in 2020,is Jean Michel Saive going to try again in 2021 or is there a fourth candidate ?

Do you think Wekert must continue as president or should he be replaced ?

OK I totally apologize profusely , as I may have been mistaken

1.5.1.2.2 to elect the ITTF President, the ITTF Executive Vice-Presidents and all
members of the Board, at an AGM held in the year following the year of the
Olympic Games. All members elected shall serve for a four-year term and
shall be eligible for re-election not more than twice in the same role. After
3 full terms any member should have 1 waiting period term before opting
1: Constitution
ITTF Handbook 2020 Page 15
for the same role

But then again, since the Olympic Games are going to be held in 2021, does that mean the election will be held in 2022 ?

Who decides ?

Also if the election is held in 2022 , does it give more time for new candidates to prepare ?

From what I understand, Sharara supported Saive against Weikert (& Weikert promptly retaliated and had Sharara convicted)
So now is it time for Sharara to retaliate and have Saive run again in 2021 or 2022.

Or will Sharara try to find an African (as he is a native African being born in Egypt) or an Arab with lot of money to go against Weikert ?
What if an Arab backed contestant pledged $100 million (even $10 million) secretly if Sharara backed candidate set up up to run a puppet government and get his conviction by Weikert vacated ?