Push backspin ball which are next out of table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Im well developing player who can doing loops agains backspin. The coach said to me I should move by only right foot (im right-handed) when doing practice to push short ball where is in right and left side of the table. I feel longer time recovering move right foot to left side. In my opinion, i should move left foot to front when receiving ball where is on left side, move right foot to front when receiving ball where is on right side. Am i correct?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Thanks, but it only shows forehand. I mean backhand push. But not front of body push. Push of left sided ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
What about ball that is out and left side from the table? Right foot two?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Move to the side, if ball is short then still step in with right foot, longer ball not so necessary to step in with right foot, but the same goes for a long ball into front of body, that you are going to push back.
try looking for Yangyang TT ‘How to backhand push’
I’m not a coach, but stepping in with the right foot, for FH and BH is pretty standard for close to the table especially when the incoming ball is short.
It also increases your reach, stepping in with the left foot doesn’t get your right shoulder/ side of the body much closer to the ball, step in with the right foot and the right shoulder, hips etc follow this brings right arm closer to the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You want the body close to the racket and ball for control and if you move the opposite foot in your playing arm will move further away. It is okey to take a small step forward with left leg but the playing arms leg should go under the table. Listen to your coach.

For balls landing short, it is always the right foot stepping forward. If you are right handed. Just get used to it. It is easier to balance because you are leaning forward with your right arm and your body weight is also in your right foot. It is also easier to step back from that position using your dominant foot.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
https://youtu.be/2z_OaYyz9YA

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks, but it only shows forehand. I mean backhand push. But not front of body push. Push of left sided ball

This is the video showing the BH:

How Lula explained it gives the most important detail. Stepping with the racket hand's foot so you can get close to the ball.

But there is another way of thinking of it for the BH side: In most racket sports, if you were going to hit a BH your left foot be the one that was in back. In TT you usually have your feet parallel or your right foot slightly back for BH. But if you stepped your left foot in like that, it would force your hips to turn a lot towards the FH side, and then it would make the BH push very awkward because your hips would be turned to the right and you would have to turn your upper body to the left.

For this reason, stepping forward for FH is the one that is actually a little awkward: when you step forward with the right foot to get over the table your hips are turned towards you BH side and for the FH, you need to turn your body open for the FH push or flip shot when you are taking the ball over the table. But because you have a wider range of motion with the arm on the FH side since your torso is not in the way of your arm, you can still turn your hips left and extend your arm laterally to get it into the position you need.

And if the ball is so far left that you do not have to step under the table, then you just move to the ball because you are not taking it over the table but to the left of the table.

More simply put, as Lula said: "listen to your coach."