Stiga infinity vps weight balance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello there! So I just want know how balanced the Infinity vps is. If it's head heavy or not. I will be playing it with DNA Pro M.

Right now I'm playing with a kinda head heavy blade that weight 92 grams with the dna m. I feel that it's a little too heavy sometimes. Especially in backhand.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hello there! So I just want know how balanced the Infinity vps is. If it's head heavy or not. I will be playing it with DNA Pro M.

Right now I'm playing with a kinda head heavy blade that weight 92 grams with the dna m. I feel that it's a little too heavy sometimes. Especially in backhand.

92 grams with dna.m sounds kinda "off" to me considering that the blade weight is 91 grams ????????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Weight is towards the head. Even lighter ones still tend to be head heavy depending on the rubbers used.

okay, thanks. Then I don't know what to do really. I really like the infinity in terms of feel, but again, it's too heavy. I could try bying a lighter one, but if it's head heavy maybe I should look after another blade?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I am sorry, but I do not agree with others here

I have a 92g Legend Handle VPS with H3Neo National Orange Sponge 40* (2.15) and Mizuno Q4 (max).

This setup is balanced and not head heavy for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am sorry, but I do not agree with others here

I have a 92g Legend Handle VPS with H3Neo National Orange Sponge 40* (2.15) and Mizuno Q4 (max).

This setup is balanced and not head heavy for me.

Could you show a photo of the blade balanced on your index finger with the index finger resting parallel to the bottom edge of the rubber: to see where on the blade face it balances?

It is totally possible you have one that somehow is center balanced. But my memory of the ones I tried was that it was head heavy and Stiga does make all their handles hollow because they actually like head heavy.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah. It has been a long time, but that was my memory as well.
Absolutely Correct. Stiga mostly has hollow handles even for those blades which do not have WRB assigned to them. So after adding rubbers to the paddle the weight seems to be more towards the head. It could be a good thing or not based on player's preference. Many companies advertise it as that weight is more towards the head so based on the equation of Momentum = Mass * velocity we get more acceleration in our topspins. I personally don't like this and find that I play better if my setup is more center balanced.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Could you show a photo of the blade balanced on your index finger with the index finger resting parallel to the bottom edge of the rubber: to see where on the blade face it balances?

It is totally possible you have one that somehow is center balanced. But my memory of the ones I tried was that it was head heavy and Stiga does make all their handles hollow because they actually like head heavy.
I dont have the blade with me, else I would've definitely taken a pic.

why dont you do the same and share a pic with us?
(legend handle)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I dont have the blade with me, else I would've definitely taken a pic.

why dont you do the same and share a pic with us?
(legend handle)

I never said I had one. I have not tried one in years. But all the ones I tried, my memory is, they were head heavy. And it should be understood that Stiga does purposely design all of their blades to be somewhat head heavy. All of their handles are hollow. As KM 1976 said above, that is good for some people and not for others. But, since blades are mostly made of wood (even the composite blades) there can be variation and some Infinities may in fact end up center balanced. You may in fact have an Infinity that is more center balanced. It would be good for people to see that each and every blade is unique: even if you have 500 of the same model blade, they will all play and feel slightly different. If several people who do have Infinities show where their blade balances, it will be easy to see that this is the case.

And what I described is how you measure if a blade is head heavy, center balances or handle heavy.

So, if anyone has an Infinity with rubbers on, feel free to do the head balance test and have someone take a photo so you can show where the racket balances. You just take your index finger under the blade face on one side, parallel to the bottom edge of the rubber and see where you can get the blade to balance. The closer to the handle it balances the more center or handle heavy the blade is. The closer to the center of the blade face the blade balances, the more head heavy the blade is.

One more detail, it is possible that what one person feels as head heavy, another person may feel as center balanced based on what they are used to. That would be another good reason for the test. In fact, it may be a good thing to have Der_Echte to show a photo of one of his purposely handle HEAVY blades and where that balances so you can see what the other extreme looks like.

Der_, could you do that?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For reference, here is my weapon of choice. This is the OSP Virtuoso Plus with Rasanter R 48 on both sides. As you can see from the photos below, it is a little head heavy.

7be788d96571b7f7bea0d4bde6325923.jpg

2dff73d5b3c8a164fa593e4eb0fc5417.jpg

Show some photos of how some different Infinities balance. And then people can judge for themselves.

Reactions: BryanY