• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest

View Poll Results: best rubber for fh

Voters
    19. You need to be logged in to vote on this poll.
    • mxp

9 47.37%
    • mxs

5 26.32%
    • elp

1 5.26%
    • els

3 15.79%
    • fxp

0 0%
    • fxp

1 5.26%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Top | #21
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Syria

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      Personally, having felt both, I liked FXP considerably more than FXS because of how much more dynamic it is. But everyone is different. So I cannot say what you would like. Just that either FXP or FXS gives you the most chance of improving your skills with your BH whereas any of the harder (also faster rubbers [E or M]) would make it harder for your BH to improve.

FXP gives you the ability to play a wider range of shots and it feels more alive. FXS is good for short game and when you drive or loop the ball, you have to put more effort in to get the output you are looking for. Because FXP has more catapult, it makes it so you can have a much wider range of offensive shots rather than all or nothing.
      I will consider your suggestion .. but I will take long time to change my rubbers do you think the fxp will serve me as I improve on bh more than fxs ?

2. Top | #22
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 15,022 Times in 7,263 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Yamen Raslan View Post
      I will consider your suggestion .. but I will take long time to change my rubbers do you think the fxp will serve me as I improve on bh more than fxs ?
      Personally, I could use FXP on both sides and be fine. If you look at my post above, Emmanuel Lebesson won the 2016 European Championships with FXP on both sides. If someone who is a top pro can use it, I have a feeling, anyone of the members on this forum would be fine with it.

Ultimately power shots are about technique and the power you put into your shots. Table Tennis is 99% technique and mental skills and 2% equipment.

I have a friend who is a pro tennis player (not table tennis). In table tennis, he is a pretty high level amateur. He uses Stiga Allround Classic blade (very slow) and Yasaka Mark V rubbers (pretty darn slow). Because his shots have so much power, he can still hit harder than most TT pros I know. Why is he not as good at TT as they are? His reading and understanding of spin and short game. But definitely it is not the power of his loops.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 6 Days Ago at 07:30 PM.
      Spin Everything.

3. The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

Yamen Raslan (6 Days Ago)

4. Top | #23
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Syria

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      Personally, having felt both, I liked FXP considerably more than FXS because of how much more dynamic it is. But everyone is different. So I cannot say what you would like. Just that either FXP or FXS gives you the most chance of improving your skills with your BH whereas any of the harder (also faster rubbers [E or M]) would make it harder for your BH to improve.

FXP gives you the ability to play a wider range of shots and it feels more alive. FXS is good for short game and when you drive or loop the ball, you have to put more effort in to get the output you are looking for. Because FXP has more catapult, it makes it so you can have a much wider range of offensive shots rather than all or nothing.
      i know iam taking your time .. but is the only difference is that fxs harder and faster?
      I think iam taking your opinion and have the fxp
      and should i get the max thick for mxp and fxp?
      Last edited by Yamen Raslan; 6 Days Ago at 07:38 PM.

5. Top | #24
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 15,022 Times in 7,263 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Yamen Raslan View Post
      i know iam taking your time .. but is the only difference is that fxs harder and faster?
      and should get the max thick for mxp and fxs?
      FXS has a different kind of sponge than FXP. The sponge on FXS is designed not to give as much catapult effect so that it is a little more like Chinese sponge (not exactly but a little). FXP has a sponge that has a lot more catapult.

That means, to get something out of a loop with FXS you have to work harder. When you do, you are rewarded. With FXP, you can get something out of working softer or working harder.

I would say that kind of sponge that gives you less catapult is better for a bigger stroke like the FH. And for you, with the FH, you may want the M version if you want the kind of sponge that forces you to work at max output for every FH stroke.

Whereas, I would not really want that with BH. Especially if you are trying to learn. The sponge with less catapult will limit what you can learn a little more than the sponge with catapult.

So, no, the difference between the sponge in P and S in the evolution rubbers is NOT the hardness. It is a different kind of sponge.

Should you get Max thickness? Again, to really answer your questions, I would need to see you play. Feel free to post footage. But if you are wanting and trying to learn to spin the hell out of the ball on topspin shots, it would make sense to use Max. So you can decide how to interpret that.

In the end, still, in my opinion, for YOU, based on you saying your BH needs work, the most important issue is that the BH rubber starts with F.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 6 Days Ago at 07:43 PM.

6. The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

Yamen Raslan (6 Days Ago)

7. Top | #25
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Long 5
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 09C
      Backhand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 45

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 163 Times in 123 Posts
      This article gives a decent overview of each rubber in the Evolution series and helps to explain the differences.

https://blog.tabletennis11.com/tibha...rubbers-review

8. The Following User Likes BryanY's Post:

virtuososiu (6 Days Ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12