Votes: 2 4.8%
  • els

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • fxp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fxp

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
says tibhar evolution rubbers hello table tennis daily...
Dec 2019
Personally, having felt both, I liked FXP considerably more than FXS because of how much more dynamic it is. But everyone is different. So I cannot say what you would like. Just that either FXP or FXS gives you the most chance of improving your skills with your BH whereas any of the harder (also faster rubbers [E or M]) would make it harder for your BH to improve.

FXP gives you the ability to play a wider range of shots and it feels more alive. FXS is good for short game and when you drive or loop the ball, you have to put more effort in to get the output you are looking for. Because FXP has more catapult, it makes it so you can have a much wider range of offensive shots rather than all or nothing.
I will consider your suggestion .. but I will take long time to change my rubbers do you think the fxp will serve me as I improve on bh more than fxs ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will consider your suggestion .. but I will take long time to change my rubbers do you think the fxp will serve me as I improve on bh more than fxs ?

Personally, I could use FXP on both sides and be fine. If you look at my post above, Emmanuel Lebesson won the 2016 European Championships with FXP on both sides. If someone who is a top pro can use it, I have a feeling, anyone of the members on this forum would be fine with it.

Ultimately power shots are about technique and the power you put into your shots. Table Tennis is 99% technique and mental skills and 2% equipment.

I have a friend who is a pro tennis player (not table tennis). In table tennis, he is a pretty high level amateur. He uses Stiga Allround Classic blade (very slow) and Yasaka Mark V rubbers (pretty darn slow). Because his shots have so much power, he can still hit harder than most TT pros I know. Why is he not as good at TT as they are? His reading and understanding of spin and short game. But definitely it is not the power of his loops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yamen Raslan
Dec 2019
Personally, having felt both, I liked FXP considerably more than FXS because of how much more dynamic it is. But everyone is different. So I cannot say what you would like. Just that either FXP or FXS gives you the most chance of improving your skills with your BH whereas any of the harder (also faster rubbers [E or M]) would make it harder for your BH to improve.

FXP gives you the ability to play a wider range of shots and it feels more alive. FXS is good for short game and when you drive or loop the ball, you have to put more effort in to get the output you are looking for. Because FXP has more catapult, it makes it so you can have a much wider range of offensive shots rather than all or nothing.
i know iam taking your time .. but is the only difference is that fxs harder and faster?
I think iam taking your opinion and have the fxp
and should i get the max thick for mxp and fxp?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i know iam taking your time .. but is the only difference is that fxs harder and faster?
and should get the max thick for mxp and fxs?

FXS has a different kind of sponge than FXP. The sponge on FXS is designed not to give as much catapult effect so that it is a little more like Chinese sponge (not exactly but a little). FXP has a sponge that has a lot more catapult.

That means, to get something out of a loop with FXS you have to work harder. When you do, you are rewarded. With FXP, you can get something out of working softer or working harder.

I would say that kind of sponge that gives you less catapult is better for a bigger stroke like the FH. And for you, with the FH, you may want the M version if you want the kind of sponge that forces you to work at max output for every FH stroke.

Whereas, I would not really want that with BH. Especially if you are trying to learn. The sponge with less catapult will limit what you can learn a little more than the sponge with catapult.

So, no, the difference between the sponge in P and S in the evolution rubbers is NOT the hardness. It is a different kind of sponge.

Should you get Max thickness? Again, to really answer your questions, I would need to see you play. Feel free to post footage. But if you are wanting and trying to learn to spin the hell out of the ball on topspin shots, it would make sense to use Max. So you can decide how to interpret that.

In the end, still, in my opinion, for YOU, based on you saying your BH needs work, the most important issue is that the BH rubber starts with F. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yamen Raslan
Dec 2019
FXS has a different kind of sponge than FXP. The sponge on FXS is designed not to give as much catapult effect so that it is a little more like Chinese sponge (not exactly but a little). FXP has a sponge that has a lot more catapult.

That means, to get something out of a loop with FXS you have to work harder. When you do, you are rewarded. With FXP, you can get something out of working softer or working harder.

I would say that kind of sponge that gives you less catapult is better for a bigger stroke like the FH. And for you, with the FH, you may want the M version if you want the kind of sponge that forces you to work at max output for every FH stroke.

Whereas, I would not really want that with BH. Especially if you are trying to learn. The sponge with less catapult will limit what you can learn a little more than the sponge with catapult.

So, no, the difference between the sponge in P and S in the evolution rubbers is NOT the hardness. It is a different kind of sponge.

Should you get Max thickness? Again, to really answer your questions, I would need to see you play. Feel free to post footage. But if you are wanting and trying to learn to spin the hell out of the ball on topspin shots, it would make sense to use Max. So you can decide how to interpret that.

In the end, still, in my opinion, for YOU, based on you saying your BH needs work, the most important issue is that the BH rubber starts with F. :)
after your advice iam gonna order xiom offensive s blade
fxp ( 2.1 -2.2 mm) on bh
mxp (1.9 -2.0 mm) on fh
but I heard that mxp is for advanced players and it's hard to have spinny balls since it is very fast
is that true ? or can I with training get along with it ?
iam thinking about els as a safer choice and it has very good reviews instead of mxp on fh
what is your opinion ?
about the thicknesses (max for bh and medium for fh) are they ok ? or both medium as a safe choice ?
I really appreciate your help

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
after your advice iam gonna order xiom offensive s blade
fxp ( 2.1 -2.2 mm) on bh
mxp (1.9 -2.0 mm) on fh
but I heard that mxp is for advanced players and it's hard to have spinny balls since it is very fast
is that true ? or can I with training get along with it ?
iam thinking about els as a safer choice and it has very good reviews instead of mxp on fh
what is your opinion ?
about the thicknesses (max for bh and medium for fh) are they ok ? or both medium as a safe choice ?
I really appreciate your help

Got any footage of yourself playing? If you do, I can give an answer I feel comfortable with.

If you are "intermediate" or, what my conception of "intermediate" means, then I would say MXP will be fine and get MAX on both wings. I found MXP an extremely easy rubber to use. But....we may not mean the same thing when we use the word "intermediate".

I do find there are reasons, if your game is about heavy topspin.....spinning the hell out of the ball....then MAX is worthwhile. If you do something other than what I described but are trying to learn to loop HEAVY TOPSPIN, then MAX is still usually what you want, depending on your skill level. If you are very advanced....or very low level.....then there are scenarios where thinner sponge makes sense for a topspin player.

But, not everyone agrees with my way of thinking. I take solace in the fact that Werner Schlager agrees with me. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I haven't tried R48, but I tried R45 and I felt that it doesn't have near the same catapult speed as MXP.
I agree. The question is whether you want or need that much catapult.
R48 is by no means dull, and feels more stable to me than MX-P. The topsheet is of a better quality and the ULTRAMAX concept with thinner topsheet and thicker sponge enables better spin creation. But everybody has their own technique and MX-P surely is a very good rubber.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
R48 is by no means dull, and feels more stable to me than MX-P. The topsheet is of a better quality and the ULTRAMAX concept with thinner topsheet and thicker sponge enables better spin creation. But everybody has their own technique and MX-P surely is a very good rubber.
I love the r48 for backhand, but looking for something with a notch more oomph for my forehand. But mxp may be too much I'm afraid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Does the Ultramax concept give better spin at the cost of lower speed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Is mxp less controllable than tenergy 05? Is the fxd similar to the 05fx?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is mxp less controllable than tenergy 05? Is the fxd similar to the 05fx?
I think MX-P is bouncier than t05. A very good rubber, and because of its comparatively low price used by many who wouldn´t want to support BTYs price policy.
For 05fx, FX-D is an option, but I thought FX-S is even closer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I love the r48 for backhand, but looking for something with a notch more oomph for my forehand. But mxp may be too much I'm afraid.
Difficult situation. R50 is a different thing (no Energy Cell sponge), R53 is superb but considerably harder, and in the field of the 47,5 degree hardness I think R48 really stands out from all the competition.
MX-P is by no means uncontrollably bouncy, so you could give it a try. It´s pretty popular, maybe you find someone who uses it to try it first?

Reactions: matti77