Some advice to learn to lift correctly Chinese style please.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Hello, I want to learn how to lift correctly Chinese style, curiously I can lift perfectly with my backhand, however my forehand topspin is terrible. Would you be so kind as to give me some advice?

I use Commercial Hurricane Long 5 + Commercial HN3 2.2 on both sides.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
H3 is not easy to use on BH. When people use H3 on FH, usually they use something softer on BH.

But it is true, it would be very hard to give you information on what you need to do without seeing what you are actually trying to do.
My problem is not in the backhand, it's in the Forehand!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
(Generic Advice)

Bounce the ball on the ground and then try looping it onto the other side of the table with a brushing contact. Then try doing the same thing after the ball bounces twice on the ground.
Interesting I will try thanks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
(Generic Advice)

Bounce the ball on the ground and then try looping it onto the other side of the table with a brushing contact. Then try doing the same thing after the ball bounces twice on the ground.

Interesting I will try thanks.

For self-hitting, I definitely prefer this method:

You can do many more repetitions in rapid succession and I have definitely used that to help improve the technique of my stroke. In the end, some of both versions of self-hitting is good though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Thanks guys, I had a practice today, I watched a lot of videos before practice, my biggest problem was the grip, before I put my thumb on the rubber, now I put it where the blade ends. Now I can lift correctly, at least now I can land 7 out of 10 balls on the table, hitting hard, it's honestly a breakthrough for me.

This user has no status.
Thanks guys, I had a practice today, I watched a lot of videos before practice, my biggest problem was the grip, before I put my thumb on the rubber, now I put it where the blade ends. Now I can lift correctly, at least now I can land 7 out of 10 balls on the table, hitting hard, it's honestly a breakthrough for me.

I found this video to have a good explanation of how to grip the bat. https://youtu.be/ibtvM5nFbgM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hello, I want to learn how to lift correctly Chinese style, curiously I can lift perfectly with my backhand, however my forehand topspin is terrible. Would you be so kind as to give me some advice?

I use Commercial Hurricane Long 5 + Commercial HN3 2.2 on both sides.
I would like to know what Chinese style is.
The top Chinese players are very good and top athletes. That is their style.
There isn't a magical/mystical way of hitting the ball. There is a correct way to get just the right combination of spin and speed.

Hit through the ball to get more speed. Brush to get more spin. Part of the game is knowing how much of each is required for the best shot. Athleticism is required to execute the shot. Good timing is required for brush strokes.
There is no magic.

What impresses me about the top Chinese players is their ability to make fast and big swings quickly and still be precise. That takes practice.

we like to do what I call the "push drill". We push until someone opens. Some pushes are low but long and if you can wait till the ball goes past the end of the table you can loop it even if it is below the level of the net or table.

How this is done can be explained with physics. It is all a matter of technique and if you know what you are doing you can loop back spin balls with just about any regular rubber. The trick is to match the surface speed/ rotational speed of the ball with your paddle.