what is the best blade I can get ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello gyz

I intend to buy (MX-P) & (FX-S) rubbers from tt11 and I am looking for a blade at a MAXIMUM price of 30-35$

what is the best blade I can get with this price ??

I’m confused between (Xiom Offensive S) and (DHS Power G7 OFF+) and I don’t know what to choose :confused:

Would you recommend one of these two ? Or is there a better blade to take into consideration ?

I would appreciate your help.. Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hello gyz

I intend to buy (MX-P) & (FX-S) rubbers from tt11 and I am looking for a blade at a MAXIMUM price of 30-35$

I’m confused between (Xiom Offensive S) and (DHS Power G7 OFF+) and I don’t know what to choose :confused:

Would you recommend one of these two ? Or is there a better blade to take into consideration ?

I would appreciate your help.. Thanks
Depends on your style of play. Offensive S is a Classic offensive blade in great quality.
Pg7 is a thinner/flexier 7-ply compared to a classic 7-ply, but probably still stiffer than Offensive S.

Haven't tried either of those 2, but according to reviews Xiom blades will most likely be better quality and with a better finish.

What's your level?
People will usually ask for a video of your playing, to better judge what fits you.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Power G7 is thinner and slower among 7-plyers. Low build quality and very very thin handle. (Nothing is sanded/smoothened properly, the veneers are not really even in thickness) But it gives great vibration and sound. Pick it if you want 7-ply limba but as slow as possible and you prefer the thin handle. I couldn’t bear it after 1 month use, albeit I have long fingers.

Don’t know about Xiom.

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition is a great option of 7-ply limba if that’s what you are up to. Very well built. I love the look tbh :cool: although I don’t own it.

If you want Koto outer layer (harder, more direct feel) instead, then Donic Persson Power Play is an option.

These are all very cheap.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I will definitely suggest the Xiom Offensive S. PG7 is a poor craftsmanship blade with a tiny handle and a proportional sweet spot. I bought it and then gave it away to someone I didn't care much about. Its a blade which excels in nothing meanwhile quite expensive for what it offers....I know I sound harsh but that's it.
Offensive S is a sophisticated breed. Can't go wrong with it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Donic Appelgren Allplay, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Donic Persson Powerplay, Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive. Order is from flexible to stiff(er), thin to thick, slow(er) to fast(er) and from softer feeling to hard(er) feeling. Assuming equal weight of the blades. Especially the Persson Powerplay and YEO can range between 80g and way over 90g.
Everything else depends on your level, style and preferences.

Reactions: yoass
says [IMG]
popcorn-box-icon.jpg

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hello gyz

I see this very often at my club also, that people are willing to spend a lot lot more on rubber but do not want to spend more on blade. I think one of the main reason behind such an approach is the advice one gets from their club buddies. A usual approach is to suggest something around 30-45 Euro blade and use a decently priced European rubber, which would cost around 70-90 Euros. Something similar I also started with (Stiga allround classic WRB blade and Yasaka Rakza 7 for both FH and BH). Now after playing for about two years, I think this approach is not good. I'm not saying that you should buy a very expensive top of the shelf quality blade, but you should compromise least on the blade. If you play even a little bit seriously, which means playing local competitions as well then chances are very high that you will change the rubbers at least twice a year. This recurring cost is very high compared to the one time good investment that you can make on the blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade. Totally worth getting it. It is not expensive. But it is good enough that you may never need or want another blade. There are not that many blades that are any better, regardless of the price.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Thnx for your help

I also heard about (Stiga Offensive Classic) .. the original price of this blade on tt11 is 47$ .. but there is a 12$ discount on it .. which makes it only 35$ .. what do you think of this blade?? Is it better than the offensive S blade??

ps: I play table tennis only for fun, entertainment and competitions with my friends .. I have no intention of training hardly or reaching local competitions

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like Offensive S way way more than Stiga Offensive Classic.

Stiga Offensive Classic is much better at being easy to break or damage. It does feel nice. But the Offensive S feels just as good, feels more solid and has a much better build quality so will last way longer.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I see this very often at my club also, that people are willing to spend a lot lot more on rubber but do not want to spend more on blade. I think one of the main reason behind such an approach is the advice one gets from their club buddies. A usual approach is to suggest something around 30-45 Euro blade and use a decently priced European rubber, which would cost around 70-90 Euros. Something similar I also started with (Stiga allround classic WRB blade and Yasaka Rakza 7 for both FH and BH). Now after playing for about two years, I think this approach is not good. I'm not saying that you should buy a very expensive top of the shelf quality blade, but you should compromise least on the blade. If you play even a little bit seriously, which means playing local competitions as well then chances are very high that you will change the rubbers at least twice a year. This recurring cost is very high compared to the one time good investment that you can make on the blade.

Thnx for your help

I also heard about (Stiga Offensive Classic) .. the original price of this blade on tt11 is 47$ .. but there is a 12$ discount on it .. which makes it only 35$ .. what do you think of this blade?? Is it better than the offensive S blade??

ps: I play table tennis only for fun, entertainment and competitions with my friends .. I have no intention of training hardly or reaching local competitions

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
.....I have no intention of training hardly or reaching local competitions

In that case you should just pick the one you think looks best in your budget range because in terms of play it isn't going to matter for you which one you choose..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I am thinking you may need to read the rules on table tennis: Here:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?21991-New-quot-Rules-quot-for-Table-Tennis

Here is the specific rule in question:

This is the definitive compilation of the Rules for Table Tennis as delivered by the Table Tennis Gods, not the mere ITTF. See the rest of the thread for further commentary.

20 The correct number of blades to own is n + 1 where n is the number you own now. An exemption can be made for players in committed relationships, in which case the correct number is s-1, where s is the number of blades that causes your spouse or partner to leave you.

Rule number 88 is perhaps, the most important rule though. Sometimes it needs fuller explanation from Baal as the mouthpiece of the table tennis gods. :) But, when there is ever a situation that has not been covered by another rule, you should always refer to rule 88.

In fact, Baal may have been relying on rule 88 to come to the answer he did about which blade is the best one for Tarek to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amit Mehta