what is the best blade I can get ?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Indeed, Carl has drunk from the Wisdom of the Table Tennis Gods. Rule 88 certainly is the source of much that is profound. In some people it can produce Visions. From that can come Wisdom (although in a few too many cases it just makes you seem whacko, but I don't see the need to give examples just now). Thus, if you have no intention of training, just want to beat some of your buddies, buy the blade that you think makes you look badass. And then put some badass rubber on it. MXP would certainly qualify. Dignics, Tenergy, whatever --- it doesn't matter.

But, and this is very important, if your buddy then shows up with a blade that costs more than yours, come back here. We will advise you on what to do next.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Also people have already mentioned the role of Rule 20, even if they didn't quite word it the right way. (The correct number of blades to own is n + 1).

But people should not lose sight of Rule 27, which philosophically informs the discussion here, or should anyway:

27. While it is allowed and perhaps even mandated to own an insane number of blades (see rule 20), it is not allowed to believe that the next one you buy will appreciably improve your level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Depends on your style of play. Offensive S is a Classic offensive blade in great quality.
Pg7 is a thinner/flexier 7-ply compared to a classic 7-ply, but probably still stiffer than Offensive S.

Haven't tried either of those 2, but according to reviews Xiom blades will most likely be better quality and with a better finish.

What's your level?
People will usually ask for a video of your playing, to better judge what fits you.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Thnx for your help ..

Sorry for bothering but I have one last thing to ask about..

plz Can you tell me what is the meaning of "Blade Lacquering" ?? What are its benefits and disadvantages ??

tt11 provides a free blade lacquering .. and I decided to buy Xaiom Offensive S

Do you think I should do it or not ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Indeed, Carl has drunk from the Wisdom of the Table Tennis Gods. Rule 88 certainly is the source of much that is profound. In some people it can produce Visions. From that can come Wisdom (although in a few too many cases it just makes you seem whacko, but I don't see the need to give examples just now). Thus, if you have no intention of training, just want to beat some of your buddies, buy the blade that you think makes you look badass. And then put some badass rubber on it. MXP would certainly qualify. Dignics, Tenergy, whatever --- it doesn't matter.

But, and this is very important, if your buddy then shows up with a blade that costs more than yours, come back here. We will advise you on what to do next.

Thnx for your help ..

plz Can you tell me what is the meaning of "Blade Lacquering" ?? What are its benefits and disadvantages ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I like Offensive S way way more than Stiga Offensive Classic.

Stiga Offensive Classic is much better at being easy to break or damage. It does feel nice. But the Offensive S feels just as good, feels more solid and has a much better build quality so will last way longer.

Thnx for your help ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thnx for your help ..

It's for when you remove rubbers, so that the wood doesn't peel off. So yeah, since it's free, just go ahead.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It keeps the wood from splintering when you remove rrubber to change it. It protects the wood. TT11 does a good job.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thnx for your help ..

I see your question has been answered by nymose and Baal. I would give the same basic answer.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
....I am looking for a blade at a MAXIMUM price of 30-35$

what is the best blade I can get with this price ??

I also heard about (Stiga Offensive Classic) .. the original price of this blade on tt11 is 47$ .. but there is a 12$ discount on it .. which makes it only 35$ .. what do you think of this blade?? Is it better than the offensive S blade??

ps: I play table tennis only for fun, entertainment and competitions with my friends .. I have no intention of training hardly or reaching local competitions

Dhs Hurricane Long 5 It is a beast.

I feel like there is a disconnect. Saga, did you read any of the OP's posts?

DHS HL5 is a great blade for a decently high level player who is willing to spend north of $145.00 for the blade. But is it the right fit for someone who says he is a recreational player who wants to spend $35.00 or under?

I am assuming you read the title but did not read the OP's posts. When recommending equipment, I would say it is always worth reading what the needs of the person asking for advice are. Truthfully, to really give equipment advice to a player, it is worth seeing how they play. But sometimes you can pick up details from things like "Max Price 30-35$.....I play table tennis for fun and entertainment...."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I feel like there is a disconnect. Saga, did you read any of the OP's posts?

DHS HL5 is a great blade for a decently high level player who is willing to spend north of $145.00 for the blade. But is it the right fit for someone who says he is a recreational player who wants to spend $35.00 or under?

I am assuming you read the title but did not read the OP's posts. When recommending equipment, I would say it is always worth reading what the needs of the person asking for advice are. Truthfully, to really give equipment advice to a player, it is worth seeing how they play. But sometimes you can pick up details from things like "Max Price 30-35$.....I play table tennis for fun and entertainment...."
You are right I read the title and I thought he was looking for the best possible blade in general, there is the error. In that case I recommend the Donic Waldner AllPlay

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I can't obviously speak for everybody but I think there's an evolution you go through in your journey on this table tennis BB.

Early on to mid in your time here - "Oh someone's asking a question. I'd like to share my thoughts."

Late in your time here - "Hey another person with fewer than 5 post asking what's the best "X". Never seen that before (sarcasm). Pass the popcorn. I wonder how many fish this guy can reel in."

Maybe it's just a me thing. Could be. IDK.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade. Totally worth getting it. It is not expensive. But it is good enough that you may never need or want another blade. There are not that many blades that are any better, regardless of the price.

I heard about Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition(48$)
And
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
(41$) they have very good feedback..
Does one of these tibhar blades are better than xiom offensive s(32$)?
and worth the extra money I'll pay?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
And
Stratus Powerwood is similar to Offensive S. Force Pro Black is a 7-ply, so Will be stiffer and more linear. Faster as well.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And

They are all fine. If you made a cue card for each and stuck them on a dart board and had a hot chick, drunk and blindfolded, throw darts till one of the cue cards got hit, it would still be a good choice. But if I was choosing, I might still choose Offensive S even if they all cost the same price. :)