Which Joola rubber is most similar to Tenergy 05fx

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Xplode Sensitive. Weird name, but they got the idea right.

Reactions: Gwenved
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Xplode Sensitive. Weird name, but they got the idea right.

Good suggestion. It´s a serious, often overlooked rubber.

With the Rhyzer series, it seems Joola have picked the softest overall set-up. For example, the corresponding GEWO rubbers (Nexxus EL) are harder than the Joola rubbers, 43 as well as 48.

That said, and having tested Rhyzer 48 recently and 43 a long time ago, I think Rhyzer 43 is way mushier and less precise than 05fx.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Xplode Sensitive has a soft sponge but "tight" topsheet. Mushy is not a term I would use to describe it.

Aurus soft is another option.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Sounds like I have to stick with Tenergy 05fx then, can't go any mushier!!

It is to go on a Sanwei fextra, so that might compensate for the mush, maybe I could use 2.0mm

Might be worth checking out Joola Rhyzer Pro 45. No mush in sight, felt a touch zippier than T05FX on a someone else's Viscaria.

This user has no status.
Might be worth checking out Joola Rhyzer Pro 45. No mush in sight, felt a touch zippier than T05FX on a someone else's Viscaria.

Rhyzer 45 Pro is great. I’m using it on backhand. But the “Pro” topsheet is pretty hard. Plays harder than Rhyzer 48 in my opinion. (It’s the most underrated rubber )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I haven't played with T05FX so can't compare directly, but I've been using Joola Maxxx-P on my BH and enjoying it.
I know Revspin ratings are subjective, but subjective doesn't mean they have no value, and you'll see the Maxxx-P ratings are similar (actually, a little better) than T05FX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
That might work! Does it kick the ball up high like 05fx with the appropriate shot (before the goon squad pile in with a lecture about throws and technique)?

;););)

It can do anything in good hands :) As I recall, it had a more direct feel than T05FX - no doubt due to the harder topsheet (as mentioned by BryanY).

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
That might work! Does it kick the ball up high like 05fx with the appropriate shot (before the goon squad pile in with a lecture about throws and technique)?

;););)

The throw on Pro 45 is medium to medium low. The throw on 43 is high

6e045777d86bdd534315e2d731549048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
For once I actually would have to agree with Konrad. Have a look at the Made in Japan options if you want something similar (cheaper?) to Butterfly’s spring sponge. VJ07 something or the Mizuno rubbers. Mantra was in the same category but they’ve been discountinued. Nothing in the ESN lineup comes close.

For once I actually would have to agree with Konrad. Have a look at the Made in Japan options if you want something similar (cheaper?) to Butterfly’s spring sponge. VJ07 something or the Mizuno rubbers. Mantra was in the same category but they’ve been discountinued. Nothing in the ESN lineup comes close.
The thing is that Daiki made rubbers are not that spinny compared to German rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
V15 Extra which frequently gets touted as a T05 alternative (it's not...) is made in Germany. I wonder why the V07 is made in Japan.

But as Brs said, buy the Tenergy, or save your couple of bucks and end up wishing you had for the next few months.