Stupid question about Tenergy 05!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I tried 05 for the first time tonight on a friends bat, but a bat I am very familiar with.
I have often used 05fx most of the last 4 or 5 years.

Well it seemed spinnier and more arc on big swings, is this correct in general?

It seemed less mushy?

It seemed a bit firmer at blocking incoming power and redirecting it.

Maybe a bit more sensitive to incoming spin.

A fellow player once told me 05 is just less spinny and quicker, im not sure it was correct?

Are these findings just my stupid Ej virus and new equipment syndrome or are they largely correct?

Is 05 better if you brush the ball more by tenancy then 05fx would be, I mean from a consistency of quality shot?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I tried 05 for the first time tonight on a friends bat, but a bat I am very familiar with.
I have often used 05fx most of the last 4 or 5 years.

Both rubbers are only different in sponge hardness.

The softer one (FX) would feel mushier and more forgiving, the harder one gives better quality when the ball is hit precisely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
but then a player would need good feet and movement to be correct to play those good shots
and i lack this

Exactly. But when you realize this you´ll know what to choose.

I think in their new campaign andro have put it exactly right.

First picture is of Gauzy with R53 rubber: Made for me.
Second picture is of Gauzy with R48 rubber: Made for you.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I just am so surprised on tibhar force pro how different 05fx felt too 05. It might be irrelevant as force pro is weak on bh with my pips, Xiom solo and fextra are both incredible on bh pips. This has improved my bh pip hitting massively.

Whether I can control 05 on the fextra is a big question, the fextra is already very fast.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Wahhh hahhhh hahhhh hahhhhhhhhh. I know I’m spamming but I can’t just simply “like”.

This user has no status.

Exactly! This should now be our meme response when someone asks about hard sponge tensors.

5ef0ff2c1fe46a471f37d20950dc7025.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But you should definitely try R48.

I like both T05 and T05fx. I know some people who hit really hard who still prefer T05fx. But I would say, what MOG said about the difference between the two rubbers sounds fair and accurate to me. T05 has a higher spin and speed potential if you have the force on impact to use it.

Still, you might really like R48. It is interesting how much spin you can get with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I think that R53 would suit me better, especially for those 1 in 50 shots when I can shout "I am Gauzy!"

I was thinking this is a smart strategy by andro. Increase the perception that R53 is for advanced players or pros only. Once it has that mystique, like certain sheets of H3 do, the plebs will want it even more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
:)

Don't forget to tell this to the BTY fanboys who insisted for years that no rubber harder than T05 - tensor or tacky - was even remotely playable until T05 Hard's release ...

Pretty sure nobody, and certainly nobody who's opinion should be taken seriously, ever said that. Big time straw man argument.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Everything takes time to develop. EJ is no exception.

You have a good point. While MOG was saying how he never EJs on anything but blades and does not switch rubbers, now that he has tried, LP, SP and moved to MP....He was just preparing for the full step up to EJing on DHS National socks and underwear. :)

Besides, MOG knows I am just messing with him. There is nothing wrong with testing out equipment and seeing how different things work for you.

But he should definitely try R48. I am confident Airoc will agree. :)

Reactions: Tango K
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
But you should definitely try R48.

I like both T05 and T05fx. I know some people who hit really hard who still prefer T05fx. But I would say, what MOG said about the difference between the two rubbers sounds fair and accurate to me. T05 has a higher spin and speed potential if you have the force on impact to use it.

Still, you might really like R48. It is interesting how much spin you can get with it.

Hi Carl, any thoughts on the life of R48? How long does it lasts and is it factory boosted?