any news about harimoto?

This user has no status.
hello, anyone has news about harimoto condition?
Is he training? is he improving?
We have seen all top chinese players playing in the national championship and top european players playing in Germany.
Recently I have seen some japanese players like mizutani, togami, yuda ukiya and koki niwa, but no Harimoto.
If anyone has some info please share it here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
hello, anyone has news about harimoto condition?
Is he training? is he improving?
We have seen all top chinese players playing in the national championship and top european players playing in Germany.
Recently I have seen some japanese players like mizutani, togami, yuda ukiya and koki niwa, but no Harimoto.
If anyone has some info please share it here.

No surprise if his parents are pushing him more so with his studies and getting alternate career path given current covid climax

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
No surprise if his parents are pushing him more so with his studies and getting alternate career path given current covid climax

On the contrary, this break would be the perfect opportunity for him to train more on his technique.

With a busy international match calendar there isn't so much time to focus on developing technique and strokes.
The focus shifts more to match play and preparation during that time.

So this could be a blessing in disguise for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
On the contrary, this break would be the perfect opportunity for him to train more on his technique.

With a busy international match calendar there isn't so much time to focus on developing technique and strokes.
The focus shifts more to match play and preparation during that time.

So this could be a blessing in disguise for him.

Life isn't just about TT. I understand these players devote big part of their lives to it however with Covid, so much limitations in place and uncertainty. People even around me losing jobs and taking different approach to things.

Players are used to going on tours and earning prize money from these tours but lot been put on hold, travel restrictions been placed. How would these athletes earn money on the side now? Even ITTF would be feeling financial pressure. How long will this go in for? Can players also rely on things returning to normal soon or can expect minimal travel for say upto 4-5 years?

I'm just saying during this pandemic think some attention might be elsewhere for Harimoto and other players for Japan, China than just TT. All reletively young athletes and sure their parents would be having long term future discussions with them rather than them be training non stop.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Life isn't just about TT. I understand these players devote big part of their lives to it however with Covid, so much limitations in place and uncertainty. People even around me losing jobs and taking different approach to things.

Players are used to going on tours and earning prize money from these tours but lot been put on hold, travel restrictions been placed. How would these athletes earn money on the side now? Even ITTF would be feeling financial pressure. How long will this go in for? Can players also rely on things returning to normal soon or can expect minimal travel for say upto 4-5 years?

I'm just saying during this pandemic think some attention might be elsewhere for Harimoto and other players for Japan, China than just TT. All reletively young athletes and sure their parents would be having long term future discussions with them rather than them be training non stop.

Well, for most pro players who are competitive for medals, and Chinese players, life really is about TT. These are not people who can suddenly consider a career change unless it is TT coaching or playing related.

That being said, I think it has been mentioned before by zeio that Harimoto's mother is against the idea of him becoming a full time TT player, and she wants him to pursue college and education.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I can't really imagine that a japanese top player like Harimoto,who prime is still to come, who has a real chance on medals is focusing on something else a few month's before the Olympics.

These guy's live towards a goal and you just don't turn that off.

Yes, it's not simple to make a living in TT, but he is top 5 and Japanese he won't have that problem at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I can't really imagine that a japanese top player like Harimoto,who prime is still to come, who has a real chance on medals is focusing on something else a few month's before the Olympics.

These guy's live towards a goal and you just don't turn that off.

Yes, it's not simple to make a living in TT, but he is top 5 and Japanese he won't have that problem at all.

Is the Olympics guaranteed to happen? Top Japanese scientists are warning not to hold it and Europe/USA heading now into winter months where predicted to get worse and spikes showing now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It is very impressive with these players that both have an education and a playing career. Like Gionis. I think the majority, at least the best players from Sweden basically do not go to high school.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
It is very impressive with these players that both have an education and a playing career. Like Gionis. I think the majority, at least the best players from Sweden basically do not go to high school.

Gionis is a special case: He comes from a really wealthy family, so even if his tt career wouldn't be as successful as it is, we would really had no financial problem.
Nonetheless he actually has studied dentistry, but i doubt that he will ever practice it.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
it would be so cool that Harimoto wins Tokyo Olympics and then announces he stops his professional career to become a doctor ! and then we next hear of him winning the Nobel Prize in a couple decades

Japanese team very young. Not surprised at all if they are alternating between school and TT. I know they are doing very well on tour but my opinion until your out of high school bubble, should still be 70% school work 30% sports ratio. University these days can do online but HS shouldn't be neglected and I don't think these teams disagree either.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+3]The virusal hazard gonna to stay for long, too long.[/size]
By the next summer 2021, all the large eath regions and continents of Africa , South America, Pakistane, India will be striked down with COVID virus all over . Hence, having Olympics within the summer time 2021 is a dream in vain, never to come true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
[size=+3]The virusal hazard gonna to stay for long, too long.[/size]
By the next summer 2021, all the large eath regions and continents of Africa , South America, Pakistane, India will be striked down with COVID virus all over . Hence, having Olympics within the summer time 2021 is a dream in vain, never to come true.

I'm looking just at yesterday's numbers

USA 80,000+ new cases
India 54,000+ new cases
Brazil 23,000+ new cases
Europe 231,000+ new cases

Nowhere is under control and the idea of Japan wanting representatives from every country to come in is just insane. Just negotiate to have games pushed back to 2024, by then hopefully vaccine has been created, circulated and most of the globe has become immune from this virus.

Until then I'd be advising all the young kids like Harimoto in Table Tennis catch up on studies, stay safe.

I would think it all comes down to when an effective vaccine comes out, how well it is distributed, how big of a problem have anti-vaxxers becomes, and how long it will be in circulation before we know how effective it is.

I don't think the Olympics are happening in the absence of a widespread vaccine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
some populations in Europe are very aged as well, for example Italy

during the 1st wave, Japan nowhere had casualty figures near italian ones.

Even if the epidemic picks up from here, i doubt very much we'll see many casualties like in Europe / US in Japan.

its not a question of immunity system, but people are more behaved here.