Boosting Friendship RITC 729 experiment.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I bet they filter the quality of glue treatment. If it’s perfect it goes to pro/nat. Too much, combine it with sub-par sponge and sell it as commercial. Too little, discard. :cool::cool::cool:

I boosted my 3 month old Rakza Z (50 degree) last week as it’s a little dead. Wow! I found the right combo. It’s now as soft and sensible as Fastarc G1 (47 degree) I used to play with, but with tackiness and low throw. I did the same for old G1, MX-P, MX-S before and they all felt very weird. So if you want to boost ESN, get the very hard (50 or above) version.

i have a sheet of RakzaZ as well, but only glued it about 2 weeks ago, so a while before it will need living up!! Also have a sheet of Nittaku PK50 which is around 50 degrees so that’s another alternative to try boosting!!
not sure about the XIOM Vega Asia DF sponge hardness, or Omega IV Euro? But these could also be a possibility.

Reactions: Tango K
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
inspired by this thread, i bought a bottle of Johnson's baby oil .
I started with a pips out black friendship that i had pulled of one of my "hobby blades" . Often, when pulling off rubber they curl "the wrong way". This one came not only right , after 2 coats of Johnson it domed the good way, surprise surprise.

Next try with a 61 second Eagle with the same problem. after 2 coats this one came back to its natural flatness but no doming.

last one was a SUPER 999T nothing wrong with that one, just had it pulled of a blade 2 years ago. A well used rubber so i tried to see if i could make it a bit livelier as it was an H42.
YEP, 3 coats and the sponge is nice and soft and got a nice bounce.

Who would have thought ? ;)

Reactions: IB66 and Tango K
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
77C8D922-B81C-40CE-B6A2-41124BAABC41.jpgAAE8A85A-BF93-41C8-A25A-D1693E63635C.jpg
XIOM OMEGA IV Europe, straight out of the packet, the left photo is ‘laying almost flat’ the sheet is very ‘floppy’ if you lift with 1 finger in the middle of the sheet it domes up and just about stays there when put down as shown in the RH photo, this rubber looks like it has been fairly heavily factory tuned.
60732ED4-FBE1-4273-A681-326F51E28921.jpg9A61F0E2-EA14-4203-BE34-61C6F19485EB.jpg
Andro Hexer Duro, again straight out of the package, slight curling/doming, won’t lay completely flat. So this rubber looks like there has been some factory tuning going on.
Now, this rubber is marketed as being very durable and having a longer life than the other Hexers.

we are told that factory tuning wears off over time. Maybe 3 months or so, maybe less.
Falco long term booster is supposed to last around 3 months, then you have to re-boost, and you will maybe get 3 boosts out of a rubber (boosting yourself 3 times on a new rubber that has NOT been factory tuned, or boosting yourself 2 times on a rubber that HAS been factory tuned?) so maybe 9 months then re-new rubber.

If the Hexer Duro has been factory tuned, then there should be a drop off in performance after a few months (same for the Omega IV Europe) So is this Hexer Duro really more durable? Or does it just drop off to a certain level and then maintain that level for longer?? Interesting!!!

I wonder if there are specific boosters for ESN rubbers? The ‘Factory tuners / boosters’ that are different to the well known Boosters associated with Chinese rubbers FLT, Seamoon etc
Do DHS, Friendship 729 use Seamoon/FLT ? Or products made by themselves, Seamoon is under Haifu’s banner.

It’s a shame that the manufacturers don’t actually market the tuners they use, mind you they don’t want that!!! They want you to buy a new rubber after 3 months because the performance has dropped off!!!
Another reason to try boosting ESN and BTY rubbers, apparently BTY have tuned versions of their rubbers available only in Japan!!?? Would be good if someone could confirm this is correct or not!!!

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
tt11’s Patrick mentioned something called limeone-based booster in this article, but stopped short of naming them https://blog.tabletennis11.com/to-boost-or-not-to-boost

I boosted with Tempo Long, just 1 thin layer. A slight problem is it’s actually quite difficult to boost very thin with ESN as the sponge is really like a dish-washer sponge :( , absorbing everything a lot and very fast.

Boosting drastically softens the rubber so yes. 3 times for 40 H3 and it feels like something else (still thoroughly playable but the feel is too far different). ESN, even the first reboost has made them a much softer version. Not sure if you can even make the 2nd. (Maybe it will affect less. It could be another experiment for you to try out :cool:)

Last edited: