Replacement for Stiga Calibra LT?

This user has no status.
I really like Calibra LT (Max), but it looks like it's possibly being discontinued. TT11 has it reduced in clearance so I've purchased enough for a year, but want to start experimenting with others in case I have to change.

I'm a very flat hitter, and use a modified seemiller grip, so I use the same side of the paddle for both forehand and backhand, and then twiddle to use the other side (long pips). I would describe my style as all out attack.

Calibra LT works for me because it is very insensitive to spin, is great for blocking, is very fast, and has a low throw angle. It is also a medium hard rubber, which is perfectly suited for my blades.

I used to use Tenergy 64, which is about the same speed as LT and also a great rubber. I just don't find it as good for blocking.

Any suggestions for a replacement for my Calibra LT?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I can't really think of anything that has as much catapult and as little grip which is what it sounds like you are using from Calibra. It sounds like you are using the rubber in an interesting way that is kind of perfect for Calibra.

The only thing I can think of that might be interesting to try is: Bryce Speed or Bryce High Speed.

Reactions: PushSmasher
This user has no status.
I can't really think of anything that has as much catapult and as little grip which is what it sounds like you are using from Calibra. It sounds like you are using the rubber in an interesting way that is kind of perfect for Calibra.

The only thing I can think of that might be interesting to try is: Bryce Speed or Bryce High Speed.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Bryce Speed sounds like a perfect replacement. From it's specs, it could be Calibra LT's brother from another mother. I would like to try it, but have the same fear that I have with LT... Butterfly don't seem to list it anymore on their rubber matrix or comparison chart. So I wonder if it is also on the way out.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
bryce speed is not very fast so might not be the best alternative.

stiga boost is very similar, just a bit less spiny.
stiga calibra tour also similar but less spin.
basically any stiga rubber until they started making them in germany (tensor) would be the best choice I think.

Itc ultracell 48 also has a similar feel but more spin. They are made under the same factory with calibras and mantras but i still believe ITC Impact is the best Daiki rubber or whatever new name this company has.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Try whatever Gewo makes in 52 degree hardness, I think you will LIKE it a LOT.
I am using Gewo Nexxus El Pro 50 and while being very spinny, it's pretty insensitive to incoming topspin, so I think the harder ones might be good for him. But it will have a very different feel.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Many of the rubbers recommended I had never considered, or even knew about. So this gives me a lot of potential options, and some fun research. Thanks again.

One thing to know: If "research" means you are looking at numbers listed by people or TT companies for things like speed, spin, control, or, really, even reading reviews.....that can be a waste of time. For TT equipment, actual research sort of means you try the equipment and see how it works for you.

That isn't so easy since, either you have to get a bunch of people to lend you their equipment, or you have to buy a lot of equipment. And during this pandemic, it is not so easy to get people to let you try their equipment. :)

This user has no status.
One thing to know: If "research" means you are looking at numbers listed by people or TT companies for things like speed, spin, control, or, really, even reading reviews.....that can be a waste of time. For TT equipment, actual research sort of means you try the equipment and see how it works for you.

That isn't so easy since, either you have to get a bunch of people to lend you their equipment, or you have to buy a lot of equipment. And during this pandemic, it is not so easy to get people to let you try their equipment. :)

Thanks. I agree 100%. I don't want to change my primary blade, and have an identical one to try the rubbers on. So what I want to do is narrow down the choice to maybe what look like the best 3-4 options, and then try them on my own blade. Even if a friend was already using one of these, I don't think it would do much good trying it on their blade as it'll play completely different on mine. So hopefully by reading what I can, I'll be able to narrow the search and save some money from having to try too many different rubbers. :-D