future of TSP?

This user has no status.
TSP has been presenting all its products on the Victas website for some time. And now with the new ITTF LARC I see that for all new Victas rubbers the names have been taken from TSP. Does this mean that Victas is completely taking over TSP and TSP will no longer exist?

What about their products? Will it be identical products as before under TSP, but only with the Victas logo or will there be changes?

In new LARC I see that there are Victas Spinpips D1, D2 and D3. So far, TSP has had more options for Spinpips (red, blue, super spinpips, super spinpips chop 2, super spinpips 21).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Great stragedy. It will make them seem more tight and together as company and not so messy. It'll Also make it easier for themselves I think.
BUT I really dislike how the Victas handles looks. I Know that it'll make them look more fresh and modern, but it's just not me. I prefer the old school classic look. Butterfly makes good Looking modern grips for the most part. But several companies just looks too Much when trying to look modern imo.
And now that I'm on the subject, why the h*** did Xiom Change their classic looking handles (Novus series) to Victas inspired ones? I just Don't get it haha. Sorry, the most important thing is how the equipment plays obviously. But as a more visual oriented person, it's not entirely unimportant how the handle looks to me. For instance when serving and having something great to look at (subconsiously), it'll make my brain produce the stuff that makes you feel great (have forgotten what it's called).

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Victas and tsp are the same... Same owners, same factory

Yup. TSP created Victas as their "luxury" brand, similar to Lexus/Toyota or Acura/Honda - if we would compare it to the car industry.
TSP abondoning their name in favour of Victas is the same as if Toyota would say: Well, our Lexus cars are more popular than the regular Toyotas, so lets rename the company and all the Toyota cars in order to pump up our street credebility and perhaps getting even more successfull while riding on the Lexus b(r)and wagon.

Reactions: 7sagittarius7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Great stragedy. It will make them seem more tight and together as company and not so messy. It'll Also make it easier for themselves I think.
BUT I really dislike how the Victas handles looks. I Know that it'll make them look more fresh and modern, but it's just not me. I prefer the old school classic look. Butterfly makes good Looking modern grips for the most part. But several companies just looks too Much when trying to look modern imo.
And now that I'm on the subject, why the h*** did Xiom Change their classic looking handles (Novus series) to Victas inspired ones? I just Don't get it haha. Sorry, the most important thing is how the equipment plays obviously. But as a more visual oriented person, it's not entirely unimportant how the handle looks to me. For instance when serving and having something great to look at (subconsiously), it'll make my brain produce the stuff that makes you feel great (have forgotten what it's called).

YES I'm glad someone agrees. The new handles look like something you'd find at the sporting goods store or one of those pre made rackets. I was considering buying a victas blade but ended up not buying because it was just too ugly.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
After 30 try’s away from TT, I knew about the TSP brand, but not Victas, From my experience when I was a junior TSP were mainly known for producing good balls.
Since about 14 years ago, I've always thought of TSP as a brand popular for their pips rubbers and balsa blades :)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Victas(then TSP) struck a deal in late 2016 to become the sole agent for Asics table tennis shoes in Japan starting in 2017.

Roughly 10 years before that, Butterfly and Asics formed a business alliance where Asics would manufacture table tennis shoes and apparel for Butterfly for 3 years. The alliance ended in the later half of 2015, which could be due to the recall of Energy Force 10 and 13 in early 2015.

In case people didn't know, TSP was in trouble and was bought out by Svenson in 2009. Long story short, it is back in the game and has been in a fierce fight with Nittaku for the No. 2 spot. After a brief absence to set up the T League, Koji Matsushita is back as president again and aims to turn Victas into the first-ever publicly traded company.

Butterfly has reason to be weary because Victas is making a big push in China. I see online discussion of Victas blades and rubbers picking up considerably this year. The ZX-GEAR series created quite a buzz after Pitchford beat XX at Qatar Open.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Victas(then TSP) struck a deal in late 2016 to become the sole agent for Asics table tennis shoes in Japan starting in 2017.

Roughly 10 years before that, Butterfly and Asics formed a business alliance where Asics would manufacture table tennis shoes and apparel for Butterfly for 3 years. The alliance ended in the later half of 2015, which could be due to the recall of Energy Force 10 and 13 in early 2015.

In case people didn't know, TSP was in trouble and was bought out by Svenson in 2009. Long story short, it is back in the game and has been in a fierce fight with Nittaku for the No. 2 spot. After a brief absence to set up the T League, Koji Matsushita is back as president again and aims to turn Victas into the first-ever publicly traded company.

Butterfly has reason to be weary because Victas is making a big push in China. I see online discussion of Victas blades and rubbers picking up considerably this year. The ZX-GEAR series created quite a buzz after Pitchford beat XX at Qatar Open.
Aaarh that's how it is. Thanks a lot. Very interesting.