Technique analysis penhold

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello guys there is a video of me training forehand/backhand and transition drills on returnboard I am training from one year and I want to know what do I have to improve and your general opinion my strokes and transition few questions to add

1. Do I go forward enough on my forehand stroke
2. When I perform backhand topspin I have a habit of putting my right foot in front of my left is that a bad thing should I fix it?
3. Am I taking the ball too far from the body on the strokes

ps. All criticism is welcome I want to improve as fast as I can and don’t want to develop bad habits this early.

https://youtu.be/xvGMAEwh1jQ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Damn no replies still
Dear fellow bulgarian penholder, our lovely grip is a dying art and we are like Don Quixote in Europe (I am romanian), where you'll hardly find decent penholders, not to talk about penhold coaches.

Try finding the equipment that suits you and play relaxed and happy.

Unfortunately your video is private or you have deleted it

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

says Footwork footwork footwork
Not bad!

Do you have any footage against people (rally) or maybe someone blocking your spin?

Curious: what equipment are you using in this video?

Overall: your form looks stable but I would like to see how you open backspin on forehand and backhand side. Also would like to see you performing harder strokes to see more of how dynamic your body is (how much legs and hips are in your stroke). It’s hard to tell against a return board when you typically have to reduce power to keep the ball on the table.

BH: I’m concerned with your ending state of the paddle and really wonder how your stroke changes for backspin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Think it looks pretty okey! Maybe try closing the racket angle so you come a bit more over tha ball. Also think you push the ball a bit with both forehand and backhand. So try to stabilize the elbow more so you can use it as an axis and swing with the forearm instead of moving the elbow back and forth.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Think it looks pretty okey! Maybe try closing the racket angle so you come a bit more over tha ball. Also think you push the ball a bit with both forehand and backhand. So try to stabilize the elbow more so you can use it as an axis and swing with the forearm instead of moving the elbow back and forth.

Alright thanks now that you mention it you are right I will try to fix maybe upload game videos in the coming week or training session with partner where I hit the ball with more power.