New 729 BATTLE MAX PRO?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Anyone have any reviews of this?

It seems to be the latest battle rubber. Is it better than battle 2? Is this the battle 3 rubber?

Ray

This user has no status.

Ray

This user has no status.
Sep 2018
While waiting for Battle III, you can try 729 Battle II Provincial Golden, 40°:

qiJuSuYm.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Reactions: thomas.pong and Ray
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I’ve tried the std Battle 2 provincial, orange sponge if memory serves me correctly, & the Blue sponge provincial.
I’ve seen a version with ‘rose’ sponge ( or something like that with purple-ish sponge?) have any of you seen or used this version?
looks like there are a good number of types of Battle 2!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I’ve tried the std Battle 2 provincial, orange sponge if memory serves me correctly, & the Blue sponge provincial.
I’ve seen a version with ‘rose’ sponge ( or something like that with purple-ish sponge?) have any of you seen or used this version?
looks like there are a good number of types of Battle 2!!!!

I am using the purple sponge. The black sheet of Battle 2 Gold has that sponge.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-29 at 12.52.35.jpg

First shit had these weird deformations (see shot). Got the second one as a replacement. I put a lot of booster on that wrinkled one to get it straight. Gluing it back on wasn't the easiest. The second sheet was totally fine.

Great rubber. Very very good. Better, both faster and spinner than prove orange hurricane 3 Prov. I got them at a discount (24$, which was the same as provincial Battle 2). This became my go to rubber.

Last edited:
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I am using the purple sponge. The black sheet of Battle 2 Gold has that sponge.

View attachment 22487

First shit had these weird deformations (see shot). Got the second one as a replacement. I put a lot of booster on that wrinkled one to get it straight. Gluing it back on wasn't the easiest. The second sheet was totally fine.

Great rubber. Very very good. Better, both faster and spinner than prove orange hurricane 3 Prov. I got them at a discount (24$, which was the same as provincial Battle 2). This became my go to rubber.

Cheers,

I’ll have to get a couple one day!! Is it available in Red and Black? Only seen blue sponge in black. So was wondering if same applies for the purple sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I'm using Battle II Provincial 40 deg now and I think it's really nice. I have just ordered a Gold in 40 deg. Have you tried both out, so you can compare?

No, I've used Gold 40 Purple, and Battle 2 Prov 39. The most difference I found is how the Gold Version reacts to the booster. The top is literally the same for me. Also the Gold version seems to let you feel the ball better. I don't know how much of this is a placebo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
No, I've used Gold 40 Purple, and Battle 2 Prov 39. The most difference I found is how the Gold Version reacts to the booster. The top is literally the same for me. Also the Gold version seems to let you feel the ball better. I don't know how much of this is a placebo.

Ok. Thank you. We'll see about the placebo in a couple of weeks I guess :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
I got a sheet of 729 Battle 2 purple sponge, and apparently it is virtually non tacky, which is odd since i read that the other versions are pretty tacky(my sheet can barely stick to the ball). Anyone have any idea about this difference?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I got a sheet of 729 Battle 2 purple sponge, and apparently it is virtually non tacky, which is odd since i read that the other versions are pretty tacky(my sheet can barely stick to the ball). Anyone have any idea about this difference?

From which seller you bought this rubber? My Battle 2 Golds were less tacky than Provincial Battle 2, but they were tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

From which seller you bought this rubber? My Battle 2 Golds were less tacky than Provincial Battle 2, but they were tacky.

From a local seller which mainly supply chinese rubbers and blades, it was the first time I purchased something from this store but it seems pretty reputable. Plus the sheet looks new,too.

DHS - 729, an on-line store I have used, just emailed me saying that Tianjin 729 Sports Equipment Co Ltd will release Battle 3 in November 2021, delayed due to COVID - 19
Not sure if this is ‘general ‘ release or European release!!!

DHS owns 729?

Regarding Battle Max, I have never tried the original Battle I,but from what I know, the original's topsheet is non-tacky and the rubber has got 'Euro' playing characteristics, While this one's topsheet has some tack and it is pretty much Chinese-like, as I tried it for a while without using any booster.

I didn't give it much time to try the rubber out, but I think it is a bit closer towards Euro/Chinese hybrids compared to Battle 2 series- it seems you get some arc and spin also when you don't loop with brushing the ball, but the difference is still significant when you do brush. Is it possible, however, that it needs just a little bit of booster and the rubber might begin performing like a hybrid that leans more to the 'Euro' side. If any of you know Kokutaku 007 Pro.Selected, the 38 degree version of B.Max Pro resembles 39 Deg 007 P.S. when unboosted.