Limba and Koto combination blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
As a recovering EJ, I say stick to the blade you have and try a slightly different rubber on bh.
Haha yeah it's what I feel as well. I really like how overall balanced the BT777 is for me and I really like the rounded straight handle. Finding the right blade with the right handle can be a challenge. It might not be completely perfect, but it's the best blade for me I've tried. Not too fast, not too slow, not too stiff and not too flexible.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
I don't seem to be able to copy a link directly to it, but if you look on SDC Handmade Blades' Facebook page, at the post dated 15 October, you'll see the following (with photos):

Asymmetric blade for a customer that plays with short pips on the BH.
Composition: Ash / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Koto

That might be close to what you're looking for? And if you want it thicker (which is what you seem to suggest) I'm sure Hipnotic will make it to your specification.

That's mine - I've actually now had a second SDC blade made with the same composition. This one had a slightly softer sheet of Koto selected and also ended up a fraction thicker (~5.65mm instead of ~5.60mm) due to nature of wood and the fact it is hand built. Although the difference is very subtle, the newer one does actually feel slightly better for the tensor FH whilst retaining the performance for the SP side.

If you wanted to go slightly thicker with different outer plys, I'm sure Hipnotic will be able to help

Last edited: