ELS vs. Other Evolution rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I'm considering the Evolution ELS and have come across several very positive reviews (including Dan and Tom's on this site).

I've just had a look on RevSpin, though, and see that it is generally perceived (by RevSpin reviewers) as the poorest of the Evolution series. All the other Evolution rubbers score "Overall" ratings of between 9.2 and 9.5 whereas the ELS scores a lower 8.9.

Any ELS users on the Forum care to comment? Any reasons why the ELS might score lower than its siblings?

Especially if you've used other Evolution rubbers, it would help to hear your thoughts on comparisons.

Many thanks!

Reactions: Yamen Raslan
This user has no status.
I have been using EL - S for quite some time now. What i can say is that it is a very good rubber. Good speed, nice throw angle, plenty of spin but very spin sensitive. When doing top spin rallies, you need to adjust your bat angle a bit as from the 3rd ball as it tends to go in the net

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I play with fx-s at the moment, and while I find the sponge a tad too soft, I really like how it behaves. The topsheet though lacks in grip imo. I've experienced too many ball slips. And for serves you have to dig more Into the sponge.
I'll try Nittaku Fastarc c1 at Some point. Has same hardness as el-s but more grip. Speedwise idk. But I Imagine it to be somewhere around fx-s and el-s.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What about surface grip?

Very grippy ..after using it for about 1 year now i find it too soft and also there are better alternatives..i used it on the forehand until i tried Stiga Dna Pro M on a friends bat...very very nice feeling and top spin on top spin rallies are top notch...the ball is never going too far from the table nor too short..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Very grippy ..after using it for about 1 year now i find it too soft and also there are better alternatives..i used it on the forehand until i tried Stiga Dna Pro M on a friends bat...very very nice feeling and top spin on top spin rallies are top notch...the ball is never going too far from the table nor too short..

I meant DNA Pro M :) The surface on el-s should be the same as that on fx-s, shouldn't it? Because that's not very grippy imo. Not compared to Nittaku Factive or Victas V>11 Extra least.

This user has no status.
I meant DNA Pro M :) The surface on el-s should be the same as that on fx-s, shouldn't it? Because that's not very grippy imo. Not compared to Nittaku Factive or Victas V>11 Extra least.

Dna Pro M much more grippier than EL S...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I'm considering the Evolution ELS and have come across several very positive reviews (including Dan and Tom's on this site).

I've just had a look on RevSpin, though, and see that it is generally perceived (by RevSpin reviewers) as the poorest of the Evolution series. All the other Evolution rubbers score "Overall" ratings of between 9.2 and 9.5 whereas the ELS scores a lower 8.9.

Any ELS users on the Forum care to comment? Any reasons why the ELS might score lower than its siblings?

Especially if you've used other Evolution rubbers, it would help to hear your thoughts on comparisons.

Many thanks!

EL-S is very good for steady looping. It helped me to develop my strokes. I have just order another 2 pieces in max.. I have used no fewer than 5 pieces already, backhand and forehand.

EL-S feels hard for a 45 degree rubber, but its has a lot of very good qualities. I cant recommend it enough, espeically for people who wants to learn/improve their stroke.

Its got a medium high throw angle, which is good for topspinning and performing flicks. its got plenty of control too.

Its rating on Revspin used to be good, but a few people have rated it very badly, and hence its rating has been scaled down so much... its not fair to the rubber at all... I tried reporting inaccurate ratings, but nothing got done it looks like.

I have tried MX-P, and MX-S.
Loved MX-P on the backhand. Punching and blocking was so good cause of its direct angle. Feels a little too soft for forehand.
MX-S felt hard, but its linear and very spinny if you do full strokes. Good rubber too. It does feel hard tho, so be warned.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I've tried EL-S. Straight out of the package it plays very well. My level isn't high enough to tame MX-P, and EL-S is my favourite in the part of the Evolution series that I'm familiar with, closely followed by MX-S.

What I didn't like is that my slab deteriorated too quickly to my taste. Still playable, but pretty far from its original quality in a couple of weeks. (We have but one world, people.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Thanks All!
You've answered my question - much appreciated.
What I gather from the conversation is that the ELS is as good as the rest of the Evolution series. All of you have confirmed that it's a good quality rubber, it's just that some of you have found others (eg. DNA Pro M) that better suit your play.
I am concerned about durability, though, so I'll spend a little more time trying to find out whether any similar rubbers (eg. Fastarc C-1, which probably also feels hard for a 45* rubber if it shares the G-1 topsheet) might be longer lasting.
Thanks again!

This user has no status.
It’s easier to use than MX-P and the topsheet is less bouncy and maybe more grippy.

If you like medium 45 degree sponges and want a VERY direct and linear feel with medium-low throw, the JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 45 is the best choice. EL-S is more forgiving (Pro 45 is more direct, faster, and more top end spin).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Thanks Bryan.

I've used Joola rubbers before (Rhyzm-P and Maxxx-P) and really liked them, so I have a high opinion of Joola rubbers.

My hesitation re the Rhyzer Pro-45 is that I've tried a few of the "new" style rubber with thicker sponges and thin topsheets and I didn't like any of them. For example, I've tried the Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 and Pro 50 Hard and didn't like the feel of them. Similarly, I preferred the Andro Hexer Powergrip to the Rasanter R47.

I'm sure all these "new" style rubbers are fantastic for players who have the skill level to handle them. I'm not a serious player any more though, so I need rubbers that will forgive a little!

What I will do though, when it's possible, is keep an eye out for anyone using the Rhyzer Pro-45 at a club and ask if I may have a quick try. So thank you for the recommendation ... Perhaps Rhyzer Pro-45 will be the rubber to convert me to the "new" style once I've tried it!

Last edited:
Reactions: BryanY
says tibhar evolution rubbers hello table tennis daily...
says tibhar evolution rubbers hello table tennis daily...
Dec 2019
since you have tried tibhar evolution rubbers .. i wanna ask you about my set-up i will order?
xiom offensive s blade

fxp ( 2.1 -2.2 mm) on bh
mxp (1.9 -2.0 mm) on fh
but I heard that mxp is for advanced players and it's hard to have spinny balls since it is very fast
is that true ? or can I with training get along with it ?
iam thinking about els as a safer choice and it has very good reviews instead of mxp on fh
what is your opinion ?
about the thicknesses (max for bh and medium for fh) are they ok ? or both medium as a safe choice ?
I really appreciate your help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
since you have tried tibhar evolution rubbers .. i wanna ask you about my set-up i will order?
xiom offensive s blade

fxp ( 2.1 -2.2 mm) on bh
mxp (1.9 -2.0 mm) on fh
but I heard that mxp is for advanced players and it's hard to have spinny balls since it is very fast
is that true ? or can I with training get along with it ?
iam thinking about els as a safer choice and it has very good reviews instead of mxp on fh
what is your opinion ?
about the thicknesses (max for bh and medium for fh) are they ok ? or both medium as a safe choice ?
I really appreciate your help
I would go with EL-S on forehand. Depending on how well your backhand is, you could go with the same on that site as well. Else fx-s and fx-p are both safe choices.

Reactions: Yamen Raslan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Since MX-P was mentioned I can say that it isn't a durable rubber. In the first month or so it was very lively but then suddenly lost it's oomph. After boosting it came back to live for a couple of weeks and then again went dull. Meanwhile the top haven't lost grip and still looks good. BTW, now I use it on my practicing blade