Statistical analysis of an Equipment Junkies results!!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
In October I have played 20 competitive matches in two vets and two open groups of 6. Here is the stats of my results!

I have used two different blades;
The Xiom Solo which is better for my bh pip shots but not as good for my fh.
The Sanwei Fextra which is not as sharp on bh but better for my fh.
On both blades I was using the same fh and bh rubbers!

The results are quite interesting for me anyway!!
I appreciate 20 games is not really enough.
So despite me thinking Xiom Solo is better, it would appear not!

ranking stats.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I'm really interested about the Sanwei Fextra since a couple of months. I'm an AliExpress "junk" equipment collector, and this blade seems amazing, despite having a main blade (Yinhe T11+ Balsa Carbon) that plays verry well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I'm really interested about the Sanwei Fextra since a couple of months. I'm an AliExpress "junk" equipment collector, and this blade seems amazing, despite having a main blade (Yinhe T11+ Balsa Carbon) that plays verry well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

There is a review of it on here somewhere.
It is a beast of a blade, very powerful if you can control it!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
. I'm an AliExpress "junk" equipment collector,...........................................me too, me too :D

I plaid with a friends FEXTRA and in comparison with my softer blades it felt like playing with a brick.
My friend is the much better player than me and can handle the fextra real well.

Just get one , glue some Neo rubber on it and give it a go.
The standard FEXTRA is discounted now as they got a """special improved version"""" on the market.

Reactions: Aurelian Mihai
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
In October I have played 20 competitive matches in two vets and two open groups of 6. Here is the stats of my results!

I have used two different blades;
The Xiom Solo which is better for my bh pip shots but not as good for my fh.
The Sanwei Fextra which is not as sharp on bh but better for my fh.
On both blades I was using the same fh and bh rubbers!

The results are quite interesting for me anyway!!
I appreciate 20 games is not really enough.
So despite me thinking Xiom Solo is better, it would appear not!

View attachment 22365

Perhaps your FH is your primary point winner, not BH pips. Here is how you can verify that "scientifically":

You've got the videos for these matches, don't you? Try making a table of points won/lost recording opponents shot/your reaction shot/blade + rubber side used to return.

This will give you an exact breakdown of how you win and more importantly lose points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Perhaps your FH is your primary point winner, not BH pips. Here is how you can verify that "scientifically":

You've got the videos for these matches, don't you? Try making a table of points won/lost recording opponents shot/your reaction shot/blade + rubber side used to return.

This will give you an exact breakdown of how you win and more importantly lose points.

I agree with this statement. Win or losing a match is not a good criterion. Point by point analysis should be much better I think. Less variable at a time.

PS: I am too equipment junkie, but I like good and unique stuff (Aruna Hinoki Carbon, Xiom Omega Tour blade). Best thing I ever got from Aliexpress is Yinhe V14 Pro, it gets much more training time even than my more expensive blades (Innerforce Layer ALC, Joola ZeLeBRO PBO-C).

Reactions: Aurelian Mihai