Dignics o9c short review/alternatives?

This user has no status.
I have recently got into using o9c when I decided to buy me a sheet and my first impression is extremely positive now I do not know if it is worth the price but this rubber is top notch If you know what your doing. I feel that it is pretty forgiving and can even be recommended as a beginner to intermediate rubber. Coming from Chinese tacky rubbers this is the chyt no cap! If you have the "Chinese Form" it works perfectly and adjusting to it is hardly any trouble coming from H3, I initially had this as a backhand rubber but I find myself twiddling it to my forehand more than my intended FH rubber, I have hurricane 3 blue sponge on the forehand on a darker J-Speed 90. At some point it has me thinking if I shud switch over and make this my main rubber and find an alternative BH rubber. I find my self landing more hits on the table than H3 sometimes, even at stressed angles everything just feels right. RPB is a dream when I am in position, flicks and lopping are comfortable and feel natural. It pairs great with hinoki on speed, hardness, control, and spin is perfect. I would call it the in-between rubber between tensor and Chinese tacky, this is what company have been trying to create for a while and I feel that butterfly got the perfect combination....
Now back to the question although I find great quality in O9C the price point is very high and I cant afford to put it on every blade I have. Is there other rubbers that I can try that are similar? I know I have said many companies have tried to create the perfect in-between rubber and butterfly ended up getting the formula right that I find works the best is there an alternative or is it one of those like tenergy 05 where other companies can't replicate the same qualitys and feelings
I would love to stick with it permanently but the cost is kind of a turn off if y'all can recommend a "similar" rubber for me to try out that would be appreciated very much!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Same here. I thought alternatives of Dicnigs 09c too. However, i havent been found. I read there is no alternative of 09c, but Yasaka, Nittaku are Japanese like Butterfly. Yasaka, Nittaku got grippy rubbers ( Yasaka Rakza X, Nittaku Fastarc G-1, Yasaka rising dragon, Shining dragon etc). I plan to use Nittaku Fastarc G-1 as alternative of Dignics 09c.

This user has no status.
The Victas VJC-07 Sticky Extra is also one I can recommend. Tried it once, but when I was 1200 with no technique. I'd say if I were to use it now, it be similar to 09c. Just a slightly harder sponge. I'm 1900 now.

Same here. I thought alternatives of Dicnigs 09c too. However, i havent been found. I read there is no alternative of 09c, but Yasaka, Nittaku are Japanese like Butterfly. Yasaka, Nittaku got grippy rubbers ( Yasaka Rakza X, Nittaku Fastarc G-1, Yasaka rising dragon, Shining dragon etc). I plan to use Nittaku Fastarc G-1 as alternative of Dignics 09c.

I also came across a rubber that I think might work for some reason but I have no experience with it at all something jus clicked and tells me this might be the one :confused:
Nittaku sieger pk50 in 2.0... It sounds like a gun name haha :rolleyes:
But in the discription it says "You can be confident with this rubber because of the high arc. Even if you lose your position or delay, you can still attack!"
In my experience O9C has quite a low arc compared to T05, quite the contrary to what the consensus say, do y'all also feel like it also has a lower arc?

This user has no status.
JOOLA Golden Tango is decent. I'm looking forward to testing Yasaka Rakza Z and maybe even Nittaku Sieger PK50. I wish there was an easy way to buy Xiom OMEGA VII China Guang. I haven't tried Donic Blue Grip, Tibhar K1/K2, Genisis II, Xiom Vega China, etc... There really are a lot of hybrid rubbers lately.

(I'll probably stick with D09C since I found a way to get a small discount)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
A very similar rubber is Rakza Z EH (extra hard). I have 09C on my main setup and Rakza Z EH on the same spare blade. Did a blind test, both rubbers feel very very similar... but I still prefer the 09C, it has somehing I cannot exactly put my finger on. Maybe it's psychological effect knowing it costs twice as much :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
A very similar rubber is Rakza Z EH (extra hard). I have 09C on my main setup and Rakza Z EH on the same spare blade. Did a blind test, both rubbers feel very very similar... but I still prefer the 09C, it has somehing I cannot exactly put my finger on. Maybe it's psychological effect knowing it costs twice as much :D

That’s exactly why I prefer Rakza Z (09c alternative) to Fastarc G1 (Tenergy alternative). The psychological effect that I pay the same for a better class :cool: (eventhough I still do feel G1 is much easier for me to handle)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I use boosted H3 provincial almost all my life. The psychological effect is that I am using a similar rubber to Ma Long and Fan Zhendong [emoji28]

Nothing beats H3 pronvincial at $33 [emoji16][emoji16][emoji6]

It's $33, but you have to buy booster as well, glue it every once in a while (once a month?) -> spend glue. They also say time is money, it requires some time :)

But jokes aside, how often do you boost and how many times (in general) until a sheet of rubber is not boostable anymore and you use new one?

In my experience G-1 is not completely the same as Chinese rubbers.
1) I easily bottom out G-1 on Hurricane Long 2/3 and speed limit is quite low, comparing to H3 or 729 Battle II.
2) Topsheet is indeed very grippy, much 'better' than on, say, Rasanter series. I would say G-1 is in the middle between tacky Chinese topsheet and those on ESN rubbers
3) I find much more comfortable to play with Chinese rubbers on a stiffer (HL2 or HL5) blade, FastArc series worked great on a cheap, but hella flexy DHS PG-7. For some reason G-1 just doesn't feel right on HL2 or 5 :(

just my 2 cents.

My plan is to compare 729 Battle II Gold Edition, Sanwei Target National, H3 and G-1 and finally come up with the decision on FH rubber.

Reactions: Foxy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
It's $33, but you have to buy booster as well, glue it every once in a while (once a month?) -> spend glue. They also say time is money, it requires some time :)

But jokes aside, how often do you boost and how many times (in general) until a sheet of rubber is not boostable anymore and you use new one?

In my experience G-1 is not completely the same as Chinese rubbers.
1) I easily bottom out G-1 on Hurricane Long 2/3 and speed limit is quite low, comparing to H3 or 729 Battle II.
2) Topsheet is indeed very grippy, much 'better' than on, say, Rasanter series. I would say G-1 is in the middle between tacky Chinese topsheet and those on ESN rubbers
3) I find much more comfortable to play with Chinese rubbers on a stiffer (HL2 or HL5) blade, FastArc series worked great on a cheap, but hella flexy DHS PG-7. For some reason G-1 just doesn't feel right on HL2 or 5 :(

just my 2 cents.

My plan is to compare 729 Battle II Gold Edition, Sanwei Target National, H3 and G-1 and finally come up with the decision on FH rubber.

If you buy the Neo H3 provincial for $33, you can play it straight away. If you plays 3x a week, the booster effect will disappear in a month. My method of boosting comes from a Chinese forum. China provincial teams boosts in this order: G + G + B + B + G + G
G = VOC free glue
B = booster
Wait time between the two booster layers must be at least 24 hours
The boosting effect can last for 3 months if you play 3x a week.

Since I only plays 1-2x a week I don't need boosting until 4-6 months later.

H3 is very durable. You can boost it twice without issues. So if you play 3x a week, your H3 pro can last at least 6 months. For me, it will last 8-12 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Xiom Omega 7 China Ying is the closest with better spin.

Hello Yogi! Please, comparing Speed, Spin, Angle, Hardness Fell and Touch Control … 09c vs G1 ?
I am using the G1 and like the control, angle and spin… but want a tad more speed but without loosing the short game.

Thank you very much!

Hello Yogi! Please, comparing Speed, Spin, Angle, Hardness Fell and Touch Control … 09c vs G1 ?
I am using the G1 and like the control, angle and spin… but want a tad more speed but without loosing the short game.

Thank you very much!

I would go with O7 Guang if you are using G1 but comparing bot rubbers D09c has a higher spin and speed potential. I forgot if G1 has a higher arc but G1 is easier to use. The slightly tack rubbers are better than G1 in the short game despite having harder sponges. Rakza z extra hard is also very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Hello Yogi! Please, comparing Speed, Spin, Angle, Hardness Fell and Touch Control … 09c vs G1 ?I am using the G1 and like the control, angle and spin… but want a tad more speed but without loosing the short game.Thank you very much!

Nittaku is releasing G-1 FastArc in Max Sponge thickness. That might be something for you to look forward in a bit more speed. :)https://www.nittaku.com/products/rubbers/post-3

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I’m interested in this too! Blue and Orange sponge variants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

316f064cc4db78ce3a19a8a906e34608.jpg

Prott.vip

My trusted supplier.