I got coached by Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What’s going on guys! So recently I spent the day with Dimitrij Ovtcharov comparing Dignics 09C and Tenergy 05. During the day I got the chance to train with Dima, and got some incredible coaching on how to improve my game. I tried my best to keep up with Dima whilst he put me through my paces, let’s see how I got on!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Awesome. It’s great to hear top players like Dima talk about their table tennis ideas/tips. He will be indeed a great coach.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
interesting comments from Dima, i'll try to remember them.

Never lean backwards is also my philosophy of play, so its easy to remember

But go 100% is a new concept for me, i thought going 80% with higher consistency is better than 100% with little consistency.

He says going for full swing: actually today in my own training session (with coach Hidetoshi OYA), i tried something similar with very good results.

I extend the arm a little bit more when hitting the ball. It means the hitzone goes a further 3-5cm more in front which means i have to back off the table by a similar distance and/or take the ball a bit earlier. Naturally from just a small adjustment like this, i got much more power and much better ball quality both FH and BH.

Reactions: Nico_03
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Great Video! I think it is really valuable to hear the pros talk about what they think about when they play and listening to the advice they give.

This user has no status.
What was exactly the idea behind "if you put the ball into the net', it's OK" ? (versus "if you put it out, you have no excuse). If anyone got it ?

I think he is saying that if the ball goes long it’s your fault because you didn’t close the bat/swing angle enough.

He didn’t explain much about why hitting the ball into the net is due to the skill of the other player. Maybe because the ball puts so much pressure on the opponent that they are late with the timing and hit the ball into the net?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
What was exactly the idea behind "if you put the ball into the net', it's OK" ? (versus "if you put it out, you have no excuse). If anyone got it ?
I think its just about the amount of spin in the ball. If it goes out you underestimated and didn't close the racket enough. If it goes into the net the ball had lower quality/spin than thought. So in a sense it's OK or even your opponents fault (but to me that really happens seldomnly, overshooting is more common)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
The thing that is working the most for me is it to always go into the ball with your bodyweight and to go foreword always. And go through the ball completely obviously along with a good fast brush action. My strokes have so much power and consistency with this. Just amazed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
One thing I would want to ask Ovtcharov is how he does his backhand push. Why does he do it that way? Many pros try to just push with their forehands but Ovtcharov seems to have no problem pushing with the backhand and his technique is a bit different than other pros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
i understood the contrary, if the ball goes into the net, the ball had more spin than initially thought and more difficult to play past the net
That'd be for backspin, but for topspin didn't you observe the same? drive with almost no spin racket angle is very open. The more spin your opponent puts, the more you have to close the racket, when blocking.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk