What rubbers to use for good control and top spin on Butterfly Schlager OFF+ Tamca 50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello! I am an intermediate player. Have used Butterfly Schlager OFF+ Tamca 5000 Carbon ST with Sriver on FH and Vario on BH for some time because the speed was too high to control initially. I want to change these rubbers and would like to know what would be a good switch for FH and BH. I have explored Yasaka Mark V and DHS NEO Hurricane 3 for FH and Yasaka Mark V for BH. Would this be a good choice ? Need recommendations for both FH & BH. I do not want to lose control. I have a mixed game, like to attack with both FH and BH however do not want to lose control for blocking, fast return, top spin and chopping.

When I first bought this racket, i used Andro Hexer on BH and it was out of control for me. So I switched it with Vario. It gave me much control and improved my game. FH was sriver so that was not an issue but I think I have completely used that up and need to upgrade both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I can recommend Palio cj8000 36-38. Similar to classic rubbers, but not as bouncy, Because it's slightly tacky. And has a lot of grip. Very spinny. And they're cheap and very durable

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thank you for the recommendation. Do you suggest Palio cj8000 36-38 for both FH and BH?. Saw the good reviews and surprisingly low price, i think this is very cost effective to improve the game.
Yes just use the same version for both sides. And don't be afraid to go 2.2 on both sides and Biotech version. It's not significantly faster than regular version.

I will agree with others and say that probably would be better off with an all-wood blade. Most 5-plies will be too slow for you with cj8000, so go with a 7-ply like:

TSP Swat

Stiga Clipper

Avalox bt777

Avalox P700

Avalox P900 (9-ply)

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Version

Nittaku Ludeack

Nittaku Adelie

DHS hurricane Long 2

DHS Hurricane Long 3

Etc. Etc...

Personally I can recommend bt777.
But Force Pro, Donic Waldner Senso Carbon and Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon seems to be the most popular blades amongst intermediate seniors at my club and at another one I also practiced at recently.

You could of course try cj8000 on what you already have and see how that goes. And if that doesn't work, transfer them to a new blade that better suits your skill level.

I think I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced level. Probably closer to intermediate. And I find cj8000 a little too slow on bt777. Evolution FX-S has the maximum speed in the highest gears that I need right now, but they're just not grippy enough on the surface imo. So I would like to try Nittaku Fastarc c1 at some point. But first I think I'll try the Nittaku Factive rubbers that I already have. They have significantly better grip, but they're a bit faster than cj8000 and a bit slower than FX-S. So Factive could be a potential upgrade for you in future.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. I would recommend you simply get a blade you can handle and choose rubbers that will be good for your game. It makes no sense using a blade that fast if you can't handle it with good high quality rubbers.

It might be fun trying to learn to drive in an Lamborghini. But it is not an ideal car to learn to drive in. It would be more useful for you to have a blade that is a reasonable speed and get good offensive rubbers that help you spin the hell out of the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Yes just use the same version for both sides. And don't be afraid to go 2.2 on both sides and Biotech version. It's not significantly faster than regular version.

I will agree with others and say that probably would be better off with an all-wood blade. Most 5-plies will be too slow for you with cj8000, so go with a 7-ply like:

TSP Swat

Stiga Clipper

Avalox bt777

Avalox P700

Avalox P900 (9-ply)

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Version

Nittaku Ludeack

Nittaku Adelie

DHS hurricane Long 2

DHS Hurricane Long 3

Etc. Etc...

Personally I can recommend bt777.
But Force Pro, Donic Waldner Senso Carbon and Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon seems to be the most popular blades amongst intermediate seniors at my club and at another one I also practiced at recently.

You could of course try cj8000 on what you already have and see how that goes. And if that doesn't work, transfer them to a new blade that better suits your skill level.

I think I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced level. Probably closer to intermediate. And I find cj8000 a little too slow on bt777. Evolution FX-S has the maximum speed in the highest gears that I need right now, but they're just not grippy enough on the surface imo. So I would like to try Nittaku Fastarc c1 at some point. But first I think I'll try the Nittaku Factive rubbers that I already have. They have significantly better grip, but they're a bit faster than cj8000 and a bit slower than FX-S. So Factive could be a potential upgrade for you in future.

Yes thank you for the detailed feedback. I will definitely go for another blade as well. Preferably 7 ply or the ones you mentioned. I personally enjoyed playing with carbon blades so i bought this one (Schlager Off+) on discount :D half the price (120$) back in 2016. Feel like I need a slower one to improve my skill level further. Even though i can consistently counter and play well with this with some unplayable shots, but need to improve skill before i reach the level of this blade :D

I got it for half the price hence bought it :p it was on a deal. Initially it was tough to play but it allows me to play some unbelievable shots :D
I do consider another blade as well with good rubbers to develop my game.
Black tagged Schlager?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Even with slower rubbers, Schlager carbon is still a beast.

There is no doubt about that.

BUT if someone is already used to it - and that, besides the speed, means he is also comfortable with the thickness of it and its handle - I would not go the "2 fast 4 you" way recommended here. I really believe feeling comfortable with a blade values more than the lack of control this particular one brings with it.

Obviously there is enough common sense here ask to replace Sriver with Mark V and consider the blade as unplayable with Hexer, so between the Palios mentioned and entry tensors I´d be fine with mostly anything, just maybe don´t go much harder than now.

Also, replacing rubbers with new versions of the same can be a very good choice also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I do consider another blade as well with good rubbers to develop my game.

But better not consider changing it all at the same time. If you get a different blade, it will take time to get used to it, and normally using the same rubbers will help you find out what the blade does better or worse than the current one with identical rubbers on it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing I would say is, based on the OP's posts, I am not 100% sure he is entirely comfortable with the blade. I could be wrong. But if he was, he would just be getting rubbers for the blade rather than asking what we think is slow enough so that he is not uncomfortable. :)

However, he could easily clear that up. Are you entirely comfortable with the blade? Like, is it ideal for you in all ways? I know you can sometimes make wildly good shots. But, do you think you might be better off with something not as fast that you could put top of the line rubbers on that would really grip and spin the ball rather than using classic style rubbers that they used to use in the 1990s with Speed Glue?

In the end, there are many ways to approach any issue. I would think about what you feel will really be best for helping you play at your best.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
You would need really slow rubbers to be able to control them with this blade. If you change your blade to a slower one, you could run a pair of rubbers that are a bit faster aswell which opens up the possibilities.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
just being curious, how would a pair of hurricane (classic, non-neo) feel on this fast blade?

I remember reading something about how hinoki top may or may not work with Hurricane

Hurricane and Hinoki go fine together. And for slow spinny rubbers on that blade, that might be a decent idea. Maybe one of the softer versions of H3 for the BH.

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hurricane and Hinoki go fine together. And for slow spinny rubbers on that blade, that might be a decent idea. Maybe one of the softer versions of H3 for the BH.

slow un-boosted tacky rubbers could be an option, I had Aibiss on my old TAMCA 5000 for a while, this was still very fast, I just put Friendship RITC 729 on it and it was slightly more manageable.

But, really I think that a slower All wood blade may be a far better option!!!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
There is no doubt about that.

BUT if someone is already used to it - and that, besides the speed, means he is also comfortable with the thickness of it and its handle - I would not go the "2 fast 4 you" way recommended here. I really believe feeling comfortable with a blade values more than the lack of control this particular one brings with it.

Obviously there is enough common sense here ask to replace Sriver with Mark V and consider the blade as unplayable with Hexer, so between the Palios mentioned and entry tensors I´d be fine with mostly anything, just maybe don´t go much harder than now.

Also, replacing rubbers with new versions of the same can be a very good choice also.

Thank you and i believe that you might actually be right. I will prefer to try and check this blade with Palio cj8000 36-38rubber recommended by nymose above. I feel like i am used to of this blade and control is easier. Have spend 3 years, although playing infrequently but still game technique, skill and shots have improved consistently with this blade. If this does not work, then i think switching the blade would be a good option.