My Journey to reach the National Table Tennis Olympic Team! Join Me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Alright guys, I wont be updating until I reach a certain respected level because it seems like many are just fixated on my lofty goal rather than the journey of just coming back into the game after 15 years. I will update once I win some local tournaments and then post some videos of before after and then you're free to judge. I am contiuing to train 6 days a week 3 hours a day for few months before I can also train during 2nd session with other players.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, "former recreational player decides to start playing table tennis again" does not make for a particularly interesting story which people would want to follow. Now, trying for the national team does get attention, but based on the video you posted that is definitely not going to happen. So it would probably be best if you decide whether your journey is about "just coming back to the game after 15 years" or "making the national team and playing on the international stage". If it is the latter, you need to set more realistic goals. The national team is not going to happen, plain and simple. If you decide to go the regular practicing route, then I am not sure this deserves its own thread and you probably should post in the "Daily Chit Chat Thread". But keep practicing hard, and post your progress.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Come on, give the man a chance. I wish I had his drive and fighting spirit. Most of us have a good idea of how hard this will be. My 6 year old impresses me with his multi ball, I don't expect him to reach county/state level, would be nice though. There are obviously high quality Indian coaches and opposition/ training partners if you can access them. So good luck, to OP, enjoy it and I'll be interested to see the results whatever they are.

This user has no status.

Honestly, OP looks better in shape than I thought and so has a decent shot at achieving the Indian equivalent of this.
My son is 2 yo and he fools around the house with a bat and mimicks the FH loop stroke saying "top top top". He's also doing the FH loop brushing (actually hammering like a blacksmith) the rear wheel of his (upsidedown) bike. Now that I've seen this video I'm going to intensify the training! Ahahhahaaha 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My son is 2 yo and he fools around the house with a bat and mimicks the FH loop stroke saying "top top top". He's also doing the FH loop brushing (actually hammering like a blacksmith) the rear wheel of his (upsidedown) bike. Now that I've seen this video I'm going to intensify the training! Ahahhahaaha 🤣🤣🤣
I watched the video. The kid gotta be at least 5. There are some motor developmental stages that each kid has to go through. I highly doubt a 3 year old can achieve those. It is just not humanly possible.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
I watched the video. The kid gotta be at least 5. There are some motor developmental stages that each kid has to go through. I highly doubt a 3 year old can achieve those. It is just not humanly possible.
Man, he's Chinese and is playing tabletennis. When you put those 2 words in same sentence everything becomes possible. 😉 Their level is beyond human.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Man, he's Chinese and is playing tabletennis. When you put those 2 words in same sentence everything becomes possible. 😉 Their level is beyond human.
Lol, ok if he becomes the next Xu Xin, then I will eat my words.

Honestly, Xu Xin has to be the most entertaining table tennis player ever. Too bad he did not win all the major titles. But growing up watching JO Waldner, Saive, Gatien, Liu Guoliang, Kong Linghui and later Ma Long and Fan Zhendong (I skipped the ZJK era because I quit table tennis for 7-8 years), Xu Xin is the best performer!

If the kid becomes the next Xu Xin, then I will become a believer.