Yasaka Falck Carbon and W7 Blades Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I finally recieved my W7.

I ordered it in concave, even though I usually play with straight. But I don't like Yasaka's straight so much, due the squaredness of the handle. Feels uncormfortable to me after a while. I had tried holding a flared Ma Lin Carbon in my hand a couple months ago and it felt perfect. This one is the same, just slightly thicker, due the thicker ply-wood. The handle has same length as BT777 and all my other blades, which is the perfect length to me. No material getting in the way of my wrist. It has the same roundness as BT777, and is actually like a straight handle (though slightly narrower than bt777) that gets wider in the bottom. It doesn't get smaller in the middle. So grip is firm and nicely locked. Might be the perfect grip for me, let's see. And to be honest I love dark blue colors ;P

The head though is a couple mm shorter than my current blade, so I hope that'll not be a problem for me when looping.

Thickness of mine is 6.5 mm. The weight seems somewhere between 85-86 g. It doesn't seem headheavy, but if it is, it's towards the bottom of the head. Which is not far from my bt777, which is somewhere between the bottom and the middle with a weight around 86-87 g. So an exact 85 g would be a perfect weight balance maybe, because my bt555 is that, and they all 3 have the same grip length. Interestingly they're made in the same factory (I presume) and is lightweight offerings of a classic all-wood composition. If that has anything to do with it, I don't know.

It's interesting, but because the 1st and 2nd layers are so thin, while the middle is so thick, it looks like a 5 ply.

I'm about to glue Nittakku Factive 1.8 mm on both sides, so tommorow I'll give it a go with the robot in the day hours where I will not disturb my neighbours as much as it would right now [emoji28]

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Now that I've glued on the rubbers, it feels like the head-heavyness is about the same. And I think Factive is lighter than the FX-S I have on BT777. So maybe W7 is slightly more head-heavy with rubbers on, since it's slightly overall lighter setup. W7+Factive = 172g BT777+FX-S = 180 g.

Now I'm not sure since factive is a bit slower, but slightly harder rubber than FX-S, but W7 seems just slightly more direct with the same effort just bouncing the ball. But with more power I get more bounce with the BT777 setup, only Because FX-S has the higher gears that Factive don't have.
But I have test properly tomorrow.

The amount of effort I have to put in to create spin seems about equal, though the rubbers are still different, so it's not clear. Maybe W7 has ever so slightly less dwell, but it doesn't seem like a significant difference. One thing is for sure, all-wood blades, 5-ply and 7-ply with same or similar composition around 5.8 mm can create more spin than both. No surprise.

They have both about the same amount of feel. If one of them have more, it would be the W7, but only slightly. It has a more hollow sound as well.

So it'll be interesting to see tomorrow how they compare, even though the rubbers are different.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Just tried W7 today. And honestly I don't notice any significant difference other than Factive has less catapult and different feel than FX-S. But the backbone (the blade) seems the same to me, like it's no stranger. No adjustments to make. Same throw, dwell and feel. Of course I need the same rubbers on both to do a proper comparison, But for now my opinion is that W7 is a more affordable alternative to BT777 made in the same Factory. But I guess Yasaka is a lot more popular, so they can produce bigger amounts at a better discount and then sell them at a lower price.

Just tried W7 today. And honestly I don't notice any significant difference other than Factive has less catapult and different feel than FX-S. But the backbone (the blade) seems the same to me, like it's no stranger. No adjustments to make. Same throw, dwell and feel. Of course I need the same rubbers on both to do a proper comparison, But for now my opinion is that W7 is a more affordable alternative to BT777 made in the same Factory. But I guess Yasaka is a lot more popular, so they can produce bigger amounts at a better discount and then sell them at a lower price.

I really find the BT777 slower. The W7 is nearer to P700 for me in terms of speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I really find the BT777 slower. The W7 is nearer to P700 for me in terms of speed.
Haven't tried a P700, but I've read that if a bt777 and p700 have the same weight, they Should be about the same in speed. P700 has the meranti in 2nd layer that might make it slightly more direct. But I've read that bt777 should have a couple more higher gears when looping. Some says one is faster. Others says the other one is, even though p700 is slightly stiffer. So I don't know.

Neither bt777 or W7 feels as stiff and direct as Clipper as far as I remember. Speedwise I can't remember. But according to my head, the throw is lower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I just played around with W7 at the club today, and it did seem slightly more direct. But I couldn't do any dangerous shots as easily. I think that's the rubbers and not the blade. FX-S has this pronounced dive before it hits the opponents table. Factive is more normal/neutral in its nature.
I played better with my usual setup of course. BUT I did play better instantly when I went to BT777 from BT555. So it's not always just about getting used to new stuff.

My opinion is still that W7 is an affordable alternative to BT777 and maybe P700 (?) :)

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Is everyone still in love with the Falck W7?

I am using the Fextra still, the Fextra is great and I am playing pretty well, but it is is so fast and on the edge of what I can control.
The Joola Nature did not work out, IMO it lacks feeling and feedback, feels a little strange TBH.

What puzzles me is with the thick inner core on Fextra does it actually play more like a 5 ply wood? This must make it quite different to other generic 7 plys, these normally have 3 thicker but similar central cores.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013

I am using the Fextra still, the Fextra is great and I am playing pretty well, but it is is so fast and on the edge of what I can control.
The Joola Nature did not work out, IMO it lacks feeling and feedback, feels a little strange TBH.

What puzzles me is with the thick inner core on Fextra does it actually play more like a 5 ply wood? This must make it quite different to other generic 7 plys, these normally have 3 thicker but similar central cores.
I was never in love with mine. But it's a great blade. Not blazingly fast. I like bt777 better, because W7 vibrates more and has a little annoying hollow sound. Hollow handle for sure. I'm still not sure, but I Think it's slightly more direct on low impact. On high impact I don't notice any difference in speed from the blade. But the bt777 setup is faster because of the fx-s rubbers vs cj8000 on w7. But from memory when having cj8000 on bt777, there's no obvious difference in speed. Bouncing a ball on the bare blade, they both seem about the same speed.
You could easily choose W7. You Should be able to control it. Swat I don't like in comparison, where the ball easily Goes to the net. It's better for pushes though. And it's straight Off- so just a little speed difference.

W7 I would rate as high end Off- to OFF. Just like bt777. W7 is 2mm shorter in the head, so that might make it slightly better for shortpips maybe. They both have the same throw angle. I don't need Much adjustment time when switching between both.
What rubber did you use on forehand?

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I was never in love with mine. But it's a great blade. Not blazingly fast. I like bt777 better, because W7 vibrates more and has a little annoying hollow sound. Hollow handle for sure. I'm still not sure, but I Think it's slightly more direct on low impact. On high impact I don't notice any difference in speed from the blade. But the bt777 setup is faster because of the fx-s rubbers vs cj8000 on w7. But from memory when having cj8000 on bt777, there's no obvious difference in speed. Bouncing a ball on the bare blade, they both seem about the same speed.
You could easily choose W7. You Should be able to control it. Swat I don't like in comparison, where the ball easily Goes to the net. It's better for pushes though. And it's straight Off- so just a little speed difference.

W7 I would rate as high end Off- to OFF. Just like bt777. W7 is 2mm shorter in the head, so that might make it slightly better for shortpips maybe. They both have the same throw angle. I don't need Much adjustment time when switching between both.
What rubber did you use on forehand?

Tenergy 05fx, but I have a sheet of 05 I could try. I think I should stick to Fextra TBH probably!!

I think most blades have hollowed out handles TBH, it is just more noticeable on some blades!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Tenergy 05fx, but I have a sheet of 05 I could try. I think I should stick to Fextra TBH probably!!

I think most blades have hollowed out handles TBH, it is just more noticeable on some blades!
Yeah, that's what I meant [emoji1] It's more noticable. Bt777 is also hollow, but not as much. At least not mine.

Should be fine with those rubbers I think. Honestly most rubbers would suit it I think. Depending on what you're into.

Yeah I feel like that with bt777 and Fx-s. I would like improvements in terms of spin, but everything else is perfect for me. It was only when I played with bt555 and then tried bt777, that I found a blade that suits me noticably better. Everything else has been like "doesn't really matter if I play with this or that, but I prefer bt555". Only Swat and Persson Powerplay I play worse with that it matters compared to all the other blades I've tried, except bt777. So it's clearly the one I have to stick with. W7 compared to that one though is like "doesn't matter significantly which one I play with. But I prefer bt777".

Last edited:

I am still using it as my main blade. I also love my other blades but either they are too light for me now of the handle felt really small.

Reactions: Ktandean and MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
150 x 157mm

Thank you. I am considering W7 or the Fextra for a budget 7 ply setup with Vega Pro and Rakza/ Fastarc. My main setup is Viscaria with Rozena. I am an offensive two wing player and play about twice a week. I want an alternate all wood setup slightly slower than Viscaria with more feel. I am looking at Clipper type of blades but on a budget. What would you recommend out of these two?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I am still using it as my main blade. I also love my other blades but either they are too light for me now of the handle felt really small.

Yogi, I am interested to know what makes you choose the W7 over the Fextra which I know you rate highly. I understand the W7 is a tad slower, but what advantages would you say the W7 has over it? Thanks....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Ordered myself a W7 with R47s on both sides bcoz they are on sale on TT11. Will update with my feedback when I get my package and get to try it out.

Had two practice sessions with the W7 with Rasanter R47 max on FH and 2.0 on BH. Amazing control and feel in general. Short and spinny serves are easy, blocking is effortless and FH loops are very spinny. Will do a more detailed practice this weekend and update my feedback.

Last edited: