Yasaka Falck Carbon and W7 Blades Review

SO... I "accidently" ordered myself a W7 to try out [emoji16] Just to figure out where my limit/ceiling goes. To see If I can handle it, maybe with cj8000 or/and Factive rubbers. Was my original reason for buying a BT777. Expected it to be off+ like Avalox categorise it as, so that It would be too fast for me. But ended up being an easier blade for me to play with compared to BT555. Or maybe I'll just find the W7 a little too stiff and thick for my liking as I experienced with Clipper before the plastic ball. I didn't find it too fast though, because I had to put in some strength to get out the speed as far as I remember.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Its in the clipper cr's level of speed at least. I think it will havw a similar feel when using the cj rubbers compared to the battle 2.

Reactions: nymose
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
No1 (it is more premium arylate carbon)
Shang kun Ac
Xiom azxi A-side
Victas ZX-in
Falck Carbon
Artificial materials are very similiar in comparision to each other. ( I dont know if I said good sentence here)
Except Yasaka I had everything and it is good money spend but I think it is too fast for a lot of players.
But probably great for many pros.

DHS themselves also have cheaper and slightly slower(?) alternatives. PG5X, 301X and B2X.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
No1 (it is more premium arylate carbon)
Shang kun Ac
Xiom azxi A-side
Victas ZX-in
Falck Carbon
Artificial materials are very similiar in comparision to each other. ( I dont know if I said good sentence here)
Except Yasaka I had everything and it is good money spend but I think it is too fast for a lot of players.

Hi Konrad,
How would you compare the blades you've mentioned to Butterfly IF ALC in terms of speed, control, quality and value for money?
I'd be interested in your opinion.
Thank you!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Solo is slower. Solo is like a tad faster than Tibhar Force Pro Blue. W7 is marginally faster.

I think Solo is a lot quicker than Force Pro Blue, Although mine is 93g, but I think it is the hardness of the Koto outer on Solo.

I think Solo is much better for pips on bh then force pro or Fextra.
I can't control max 05fx on Xiom Solo.

I am tempted to try a Falck 7, sadly we are in 1 month national lockdown after Thursday so might have to wait a day or two.

SO... I "accidently" ordered myself a W7 to try out [emoji16] Just to figure out where my limit/ceiling goes. To see If I can handle it, maybe with cj8000 or/and Factive rubbers. Was my original reason for buying a BT777. Expected it to be off+ like Avalox categorise it as, so that It would be too fast for me. But ended up being an easier blade for me to play with compared to BT555. Or maybe I'll just find the W7 a little too stiff and thick for my liking as I experienced with Clipper before the plastic ball. I didn't find it too fast though, because I had to put in some strength to get out the speed as far as I remember.

I think Solo is a lot quicker than Force Pro Blue, Although mine is 93g, but I think it is the hardness of the Koto outer on Solo.

I think Solo is much better for pips on bh then force pro or Fextra.
I can't control max 05fx on Xiom Solo.

I am tempted to try a Falck 7, sadly we are in 1 month national lockdown after Thursday so might have to wait a day or two.

I mean Solo is slower than W7 but faster than FPB.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
No1 has the best feeling next to energon zlc and is quicker but has empty handle so I really love it i dont know why but this is true love.
A has lower throw and it is faster and Z has higher throw and a lot faster (Z >A> IFalc)
But I dont recommend for EJ like me, it makes you try find perfect rubbers and you waste a lot of time with gluing and changing everything but it is great, quality and you can feel that you paid a lot of money.
Victas is more direct and less curve ball. This is B class blade. You will like it but still wants more
Shang kun is not something worth to mention. I will call this rebrand yinhe m202 which is awful bricky.
Bought by user from this forum
Btw I still recommend everyone
Timo boll forte
Stratus powerwood.
Korbel
When you make everything easy with the blades next step should be innerforce layer alc and stays untill the end of day.
I bought a lot of equipment and this is waste
Not a waste in terms og experience though, and that's what life is about isn't it? If you're hungry for certain knowledge, then go for it. Making "mistakes" and learning from them, can make you a better human being at some point. Sometimes you have to make a bit of bad to make yourself better ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Well. As long as you know that it’s a joy then it’s a joy. “Experience” as nymose said. Perhaps the thing to beware of is trying too many are unlikely to make you a better player. But in the end of the day, as long as you know the purpose of trying is not to be a better player, or a more knowledgable, then it’s fine.

I’ve tried 4 different blades (Viscaria, Yasaka Max Wood, Yasaka Reinforce AC, and now Victas ZX Gear In) and 5 different backhand rubbers (Tenergy 05 FX, MX-P, MX-S, Fastarc G1, and now Rakza Z) in just a year of training. That’s probably a little too many. (Or frankly, way too many :cool:) I knew that at the beginning but in the end, I feel relieve that I’ve tried them all. Nothing much to regret.

I don’t search for a better me in those. That’s the key. I still search for a better me in how to deal with a specific ball that I’ve just missed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Table tennis equipment junkie is trap.
Definetly a trap of the ego. But in reality good and bad is what you make it. It's all about attitude. And knowing what you walk into can help you in your journey with the ego to find wisdom. First you must ride, feed and pet the dragon to understand it. When you understand it's nature, it'll be easier to "slay". But I wouldn't treat the ego as an enemy. More as a tool. I'm just trying not to be too much of a slave to it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Well. As long as you know that it’s a joy then it’s a joy. “Experience” as nymose said. Perhaps the thing to beware of is trying too many are unlikely to make you a better player. But in the end of the day, as long as you know the purpose of trying is not to be a better player, or a more knowledgable, then it’s fine.

I’ve tried 4 different blades (Viscaria, Yasaka Max Wood, Yasaka Reinforce AC, and now Victas ZX Gear In) and 5 different backhand rubbers (Tenergy 05 FX, MX-P, MX-S, Fastarc G1, and now Rakza Z) in just a year of training. That’s probably a little too many. (Or frankly, way too many :cool:) I knew that at the beginning but in the end, I feel relieve that I’ve tried them all. Nothing much to regret.

I don’t search for a better me in those. That’s the key. I still search for a better me in how to deal with a specific ball that I’ve just missed.
Yeah I've also tried some different stuff in a short time haha. More out of curiousity than need really. But I actually ended up finding equipment that works better for me. I first started with BT555 with Cj8000, thinking that would be the best for me for the first couple of years. But I realised that BT777 with FX-S is better for me. Easier for me to relax while playing the shots. Keeps me more focused on the whole (I think I have ADD, so doesn't work for ne having too much to focus on). It took too much of my energy and strength to try and play with such a slow setup. The BT555 I have is almost as slow as Allround Classic, Waldner Allplay and Yasaka Sweden (I also ej'ed a bit some years ago).
BT777 was just for fun. To have a blade that was too fast for me. I expected it to be OFF+, but it's not. It's the higher end of OFF-. Just the exact speed that I need for my small and untrained muscles Haha. My biggest weakness is no-spin balls. Especially the slow ones. Those are hell for me to play against with a slow setup. My style is using my opponents power against themselves and place the ball varied. I do loop, open-ups, drive and smash though.

I just ordered a Falck W7 out of curiousity haha (Yeah Yeah I know). To see if that's too much for me, and maybe find out if it could be a future upgrade for me. Also trying it with slower rubbers and see how that works.

When doing music and art I also experiment a lot. "What happens if I do this and this?".

I do have an Allround Evolution and SWAT lying around that I wanted to try out. Not unpractical and most expensive blades to ej.

I tried Golden Tango PS because I wanted an upgrade from cj8000. But it's a little too bouncy on serves (Similar to FX-S actually). Slightly too hard and heavy for my liking.

I Also tried Victas V>11 Extra Because it's a light rubber to take some of the weight off. I just find it missing middle gears. An odd rubber haha.

Nittaku Factive I bought on an Allround classic thinking that it could be better for my improvement than bt555 and cj8000. But the blade wasn't Much different, so I sold it to a friend for a good price. I really like the Factive rubbers though. Nice grip and lightweight. Just a bit slow. I intend to try them on W7 to see how that works.

So I don't think that I've strayed too much away from what's suitable for me. I didn't buy anything that I couldn't play :)

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
At least you kept something for a couple of years. That’s probably much better than the majority. :eek:
I tried for curiosity as well. That’s why for me IF ALC, HL5, IF ZLC, Ovtrcharov no 1, zx gear in etc. are all the same. The difference wouldn’t be big enough for me to be curious about. And that’s also why once I change, I just stick with the new set up for very long, knowing the differences but not judging them. Because that’s how I enjoy them and in the end of the day, they are all the same. (Excepts Viscaria and Reinforce AC, which are way too bouncy for me to control).

The best one for me is actually DHS Power G7, which I played only for a couple of weeks, switching from Viscaria. It showed me that everything is in your mind, even power (I’m a very skinny guy). Not just that carbon doesn’t matter. Quality and build don’t either. Sadly enough the handle was too tiny I couldn’t really hold it with my long fingers...