Yasaka Falck Carbon and W7 Blades Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
At least you kept something for a couple of years. That’s probably much better than the majority. :eek:
I tried for curiosity as well. That’s why for me IF ALC, HL5, IF ZLC, Ovtrcharov no 1, zx gear in etc. are all the same. The difference wouldn’t be big enough for me to be curious about. And that’s also why once I change, I just stick with the new set up for very long, knowing the differences but not judging them. Because that’s how I enjoy them and in the end of the day, they are all the same. (Excepts Viscaria and Reinforce AC, which are way too bouncy for me to control).

The best one for me is actually DHS Power G7, which I played only for a couple of weeks, switching from Viscaria. It showed me that everything is in your mind, even power (I’m a very skinny guy). Not just that carbon doesn’t matter. Quality and build don’t either. Sadly enough the handle was too tiny I couldn’t really hold it with my long fingers...
Oh no, I didn't stick with it for 2 years [emoji23] I just started playing tabletennis again 3 months ago after 6 years. I just intented to play with it for that long. Then I bought Allround Evolution, Because I thought it would be a bit slower, and thought that it would probably be better for my developement. But it was actually a bit faster and springier on loops. Has more spin. But do also weigh 91-92 g. My BT555 only weighs 85. The one I had 6 years ago was heavier and maybe as fast and springy as the AE I have now. At least as far as I remember.

I've been curious about PG7. It's 6.1-6.3 mm and limba/ayous, so wouldn't it be about the same as BT777 at 6.2 mm (And 87 g)? I guess that a headheavy PG7 would be significantly faster. But okay, I see that the head is slightly bigger, so that would give it a bit more flex and catapult. So a headheavy one would definetly be faster.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Thanks Yogi for the review. For me to go from the Ma Lin Soft Carbon to the BTFly Innerforce Layer ALC this past month. I can see the level difference in your use of comparisons. The Falk Carbon looks like a nice blade and the W7 at a lower price point looks fun also.

Thanks Yogi for the review. For me to go from the Ma Lin Soft Carbon to the BTFly Innerforce Layer ALC this past month. I can see the level difference in your use of comparisons. The Falk Carbon looks like a nice blade and the W7 at a lower price point looks fun also.

W7 is bang for the buck.

Reactions: Ktandean
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I've been curious about PG7. It's 6.1-6.3 mm and limba/ayous, so wouldn't it be about the same as BT777 at 6.2 mm (And 87 g)? I guess that a headheavy PG7 would be significantly faster. But okay, I see that the head is slightly bigger, so that would give it a bit more flex and catapult. So a headheavy one would definetly be faster.

Im probably dilluting yogi’s review here :cool: g7 is just a budget option really. If you are already using a 7 ply limba you should pass.

if you are really really really picky then it’s on the slower side but gives quite a lot of feedback. It also makes rather louder noise when you hit it hard relatively to other 2 7plies i tried. Build quality is far sub-par I have to say, with layers obviously not having the same thicknesses, finishing look like a old toy in public park :cool:. But that’s exactly why I liked it so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: nymose
Im probably dilluting yogi’s review here :cool: g7 is just a budget option really. If you are already using a 7 ply limba you should pass.

if you are really really really picky then it’s on the slower side but gives quite a lot of feedback. It also makes rather louder noise when you hit it hard relatively to other 2 7plies i tried. Build quality is far sub-par I have to say, with layers obviously not having the same thicknesses, finishing look like a old toy in public park :cool:. But that’s exactly why I liked it so much.
I have tried a few pg7s, they are not as fast as the w7. Pribably nearer to Xiom Solo's speed.

Reactions: Tango K

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Yogi,

If someone wanted a 7 ply similar to fextra but a bit more controlled, easier for looping on fh, would you recommend the w7?
I just can't get used to my Xiom Solo on fh, (don't like the koto).
Fextra is just a bit too stiff and fast for me.

W7 sounds like it might be the answer! If not maybe Avalox BT777, Joola TPE Nature?

I need something similar speed and stiffness to Solo but Limba outers!

Yogi,

If someone wanted a 7 ply similar to fextra but a bit more controlled, easier for looping on fh, would you recommend the w7?

W7 sounds like it might be the answer! If not maybe Avalox BT777, Joola TPE Nature?

W7 is faster than solo but more controllable than fextra.

Yogi,

But is W7 still a bit dwellier due to limba outer compared to Solo?

No it does not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
A blade is a sum of its parts and should never be judged by its top plies alone.
Of course not. But lower impact shots are affected less by the inner plies. Don't they both have ayous inners only?
But I guess the thicker core with thinner outers of W7, makes a difference in rebound [emoji848]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hello yogi_bear and thanks alot for a great and detailed review. I just got my hands on a W7 with Donic Bluestorm Z1 on both side. I like the blade alot as I've been playing quite much with the Clipper and like the 7-ply wood construction. However the setup is abit fast for me. I'm an all-round player but my strenght is my blocking and backhand flicks. I'm not a rated player but I have no problems playing with modern rubbers as I've done it for quite some while now.

Do you have any "cant-go-wrong" recommendation regarding rubbers on the W7? I have some suggestions for myself but I'm nowhere near your level of knowledge regarding combinations etc.
Would a rubber such as Andro Rasanter R42/R48 combo work, you think? And i'm aiming to buy thin rubbers, 1.7 - 1.8mm maybe.

If you think above suggestion is not compatible, do you have any recommendation?

Again, thanks alot for a great review, your review made me register :)

Hello yogi_bear and thanks alot for a great and detailed review. I just got my hands on a W7 with Donic Bluestorm Z1 on both side. I like the blade alot as I've been playing quite much with the Clipper and like the 7-ply wood construction. However the setup is abit fast for me. I'm an all-round player but my strenght is my blocking and backhand flicks. I'm not a rated player but I have no problems playing with modern rubbers as I've done it for quite some while now.

Do you have any "cant-go-wrong" recommendation regarding rubbers on the W7? I have some suggestions for myself but I'm nowhere near your level of knowledge regarding combinations etc.
Would a rubber such as Andro Rasanter R42/R48 combo work, you think? And i'm aiming to buy thin rubbers, 1.7 - 1.8mm maybe.

If you think above suggestion is not compatible, do you have any recommendation?

Again, thanks alot for a great review, your review made me register :)

I think the main problem are the rubbers. I would suggest maybe rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft at 2.0mm.