Olympian Coach Giving me Multiball

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The training sessions I go to, when in ‘normal’ times ( Pre Covid-19 ) 2hr sessions Twice a week
have around 6 tables set up, one of which is dedicated to multi ball with a coach, the other tables are used for general practice with either set routines or ‘random’ routines and another coach supervising the 5 tables.

1st hr is really for juniors, but there’s always a table or two free, so there’s a few ‘regular’ adults that do the 1st hr and continue onto the 2nd hr

the multi ball is quite limited because of the numbers of players. I would say that, at best I have a 15 min multi ball routine once every couple of weeks (attending 1 2hr session each week, this rises to 1no 15min multi ball each week if I attend both 2 hr sessions)

if you were having private 1 on 1 coaching, then I would expect the multi ball to used for a much higher % of the coaching session!!! This is really the only way to get a good quota of multi ball. Let’s say a 1hr session would be 50% multi ball 50% routines with coach blocking, or whatever!!

Obviously the more participants the less multi ball if there is only one coach feeding.
If participants have learnt to feed, then at best the % of multi ball would stay the same but no other routines for a pair of participants. So a 1 hr session would be 50% feeding and 50% receiving multi ball. Which isn’t particularly appealing to many players!!

if you are really serious about training then 1 on 1 coaching is the way to go!!