Who will win the World Team Championships 2012?

• China

Votes: 132 79.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Japan

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Austria

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Singapore

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (write below)

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Now it´s over and we have to state: Germany is able to beat China.....but not yet. I think they take a step in the right direction. If Dimas fh was in normal shape he might have beaten Ma Long. He missed to many "easy" shots. But it´s clear, that was´nt really easy shots.
Ma Long shows a bit of unfairness, when he cut Dima off in his concentration to the service, several times. Why that ? Afraid of losing ??
And also Zhang Jike was doing these tricks against Timo. Are they really in need of that ??
Some iron in Patricks arm sometimes, otherwise he would have won at least another set.
In the end grats to the chinese team, they really diserve it. Great tabletennis !!!!! Thanks!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
well i think, its because of germany and they are rivals ... zhang showed just sportsmanship because boll is a fair player and was his opponent. and he raised his arm at 7:7 ... so it was naturally that he confirmed it :) for me it was no "fair play" in that way.

Vladi would have tried to steal the point :p No but you are right, but I think in many occasions before a Chinese player would have just waited what the umpire decides and ignore the situation, maybe partly because they don't speak English?

By the way here is Matsudaira - Skachkov highlights, the uploader has some other matches from Japan on his channel as well. I think they weren't uploaded by other uploaders were they?

ars

This user has no status.

ars

This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Now it´s over and we have to state: Germany is able to beat China.....but not yet. I think they take a step in the right direction. If Dimas fh was in normal shape he might have beaten Ma Long. He missed to many "easy" shots. But it´s clear, that was´nt really easy shots.
Ma Long shows a bit of unfairness, when he cut Dima off in his concentration to the service, several times. Why that ? Afraid of losing ??
And also Zhang Jike was doing these tricks against Timo. Are they really in need of that ??
Some iron in Patricks arm sometimes, otherwise he would have won at least another set.
In the end grats to the chinese team, they really diserve it. Great tabletennis !!!!! Thanks!!
they are in right direction...needs more experience like dima and baum

This user has no status.

I still think it's Rosskopf's fault, Rosskopf should have went for Ovtcharov as the no.1 player, Timo as the no.2 just to surprise China. Ovtcharov-Zhang Jike and Timo Boll-Ma Long would have been a much better matchup for Germany (in terms of playing style). Ovtcharov has never won against Ma Long(it's usually an ugly loss) but he has won against Zhang Jike before in 2009 and he also came close in the most recent matches against Zhang Jike. Timo of course has the psychological advantage against Ma Long because he won against Ma Long in the big matches, the World Cup 2008 and World Championships 2010. Timo doesn't do well against Zhang Jike because Zhang Jike doesn't push much (pushing allows Boll to have chances in opening up with his trademark spinny topspins), and Zhang Jike is often able to handle Timo's spin with ease.

Rosskopf also made mistakes when he did not call timeout during 2010, when Suss played against Zhang Jike and lost a commanding lead(1-0 in sets, 9-6 in the 2nd set! He allowed Zhang Jike to come back 5 points without calling a timeout, which is a ridiculous decision IMO).

I'm impressed with the performance of the German players, not so impressed with Rosskopf's decision making.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I still think it's Rosskopf's fault, Rosskopf should have went for Ovtcharov as the no.1 player, Timo as the no.2 just to surprise China. Ovtcharov-Zhang Jike and Timo Boll-Ma Long would have been a much better matchup for Germany (in terms of playing style). Ovtcharov has never won against Ma Long(it's usually an ugly loss) but he has won against Zhang Jike before in 2009 and he also came close in the most recent matches against Zhang Jike. Timo of course has the psychological advantage against Ma Long because he won against Ma Long in the big matches, the World Cup 2008 and World Championships 2010. Timo doesn't do well against Zhang Jike because Zhang Jike doesn't push much (pushing allows Boll to have chances in opening up with his trademark spinny topspins), and Zhang Jike is often able to handle Timo's spin with ease.

Rosskopf also made mistakes when he did not call timeout during 2010, when Suss played against Zhang Jike and lost a commanding lead(1-0 in sets, 9-6 in the 2nd set! He allowed Zhang Jike to come back 5 points without calling a timeout, which is a ridiculous decision IMO).

I'm impressed with the performance of the German players, not so impressed with Rosskopf's decision making.

I think you're right, the matchup was in favor of the Chinese in the first matches. However Rosskopf might have expected China to play Zhang first and Ma Long 2nd, they have had different lineups through the whole tournament. I'm not sure if both teams have to decide their lineup 'blind' or wether one of them has to go first, like home-team or away-team first.

This user has no status.

I'm impressed with the performance of the German players, not so impressed with Rosskopf's decision making.[/QUOTe
Fair points,,, and I think boll had defeated ma lin in the first game when suss was 1-0 and 9-6 up,,,, if he d won that end 1-0 in games and 2-0 in ends to germany would have put massive pressure on jiang.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

I'm impressed with the performance of the German players, not so impressed with Rosskopf's decision making.[/QUOTe
Fair points,,, and I think boll had defeated ma lin in the first game when suss was 1-0 and 9-6 up,,,, if he d won that end 1-0 in games and 2-0 in ends to germany would have put massive pressure on jiang.

Your message is quite a mess. The first match in 2010 final was Ma Long vs Timo Boll, which was won by Timo. Second match was Ma Lin vs Dima, Ma Lin won. Third match was Zhang Jike vs Suss, Zhang Jike won. Fourth and the last match was Ma Lin vs Boll, Ma Lin won.
What are you talking about Boll defeating Ma Lin and putting pressure on jiang?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Your message is quite a mess. The first match in 2010 final was Ma Long vs Timo Boll, which was won by Timo. Second match was Ma Lin vs Dima, Ma Lin won. Third match was Zhang Jike vs Suss, Zhang Jike won. Fourth and the last match was Ma Lin vs Boll, Ma Lin won.
What are you talking about Boll defeating Ma Lin and putting pressure on jiang?

Jiang Jialiang? LOLOL

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Jialiang making a come back?? :) I think the match-ups were pure luck. Because none of the bosses knew what the other was going to put on his players list. They just have to guess. Rosskopf put Timo 1st thinking that Liu was going to put Ma Long as the 1st single. Liu was not following the world ranking standings, and Rosskopf did.

This user has no status.
Jialiang making a come back?? :) I think the match-ups were pure luck. Because none of the bosses knew what the other was going to put on his players list. They just have to guess. Rosskopf put Timo 1st thinking that Liu was going to put Ma Long as the 1st single. Liu was not following the world ranking standings, and Rosskopf did.

But if it was Ma Long, I think ML would still win the match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(WT-FINAL) CHINA Vs SINGAPORE [Full Match/Chinese Version]

I forgot to embed this match and is really important!

--enjoy!!!
:)