Who will win the World Team Championships 2012?

• China

Votes: 132 79.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Japan

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Austria

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Singapore

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (write below)

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I think the rest of the world are closing down on China. I mean how good are they gonna get anyway?:) They're humans after all. If the rest of the world keep improving, we will be up there with China. But, I don't think it'll be any time soon, but I do hope it'll be in my life time. :)

As far as the this year's World Team C'ship...I think China will clinch it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It's just butterfly's marketing, no way he would use tenergy on forehand. They're also trying to sell the blade, he probably hasn't changed it either.

This user has no status.
QUOTE=azlan;31657]I think the rest of the world are closing down on China. I mean how good are they gonna get anyway?:) They're humans after all. If the rest of the world keep improving, we will be up there with China. But, I don't think it'll be any time soon, but I do hope it'll be in my life time. :)

As far as the this year's World Team C'ship...I think China will clinch it.[/QUOTE]

happened n 89 we were there waldner persson apple 5-0 oh yes.... some country need a walner,, then the rest will come....

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Wow Maze is out? Is that confirmed?

England beat Sweden in a pre-WTTC test match friendly...3-2
Andrew Baggaley beat Jorgen Persson haha

Also what does everyone think about Darius Knight not being in the England team for WTTC? It's a bit of a hot topic at the moment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Indeed, here is Denmarks official players list:

Serial PLAYER_NO Player Name Assoc TEAM_NO Gender
DEN1 BENTSEN Allan DEN 126 M
DEN2 GROTH Jonathan DEN 126 M
DEN3 STERNBERG Kasper DEN 126 M
DEN4 HINDERSSON Mikkel DEN 126 M

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
According to the Butterfly site, it's Zhang Jike FL blade and Tenergy 64 rubbers on both FH and BH.

hahaha. Funny. I saw in a recent tournament, a close up of his racket. The handle looked like Viscaria to me. :) I think his backhand is Tenergy 64, that is what he used to use. I don't think he has changed it. His forehand looked like it was still Hurricane III Neo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
pssst, don't tell anyone, I have an inside tip that someone is going drug the China team's Gatorade and tie their shoelaces together. Bet on Portugal. :)

It has been a long time since anyone who is not on the Chinese team has beaten Ma Long. It has been a rare occasion that any of the other top Chinese players has lost to anyone who is not on the Chinese team aside from what ever was going on with Ma Lin in the fall. For a while I thought Ma Lin was done but he has been playing solidly again.

The biggest question might actually be, can the Chinese team go without loosing a match.

This user has no status.
Indeed, here is Denmarks official players list:

Serial PLAYER_NO Player Name Assoc TEAM_NO Gender
DEN1 BENTSEN Allan DEN 126 M
DEN2 GROTH Jonathan DEN 126 M
DEN3 STERNBERG Kasper DEN 126 M
DEN4 HINDERSSON Mikkel DEN 126 M

Even without Maze it's a strong team, compared to what Denmark have been for a while now.

But what a shame that Michael can't play. I would like to see him play with Sternberg. But i still get to see Sternberg play, which i really is looking forward to. He has had some back problems, but i talked with his coach yesterday, and he said that his back is doing well. So i can't wait to see if Sternberg does what he always tells me to do, FOCUS! ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
why isnt bojan tokic playing?

He's not injured but said he wanted to take a break after all those club matches. Maybe he wasn't looking forward to being the only player on his team who'd be able to win a match in the championship division... Or there's more behind this, like a conflict with the Slovenian association?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
He's not injured but said he wanted to take a break after all those club matches. Maybe he wasn't looking forward to being the only player on his team who'd be able to win a match in the championship division... Or there's more behind this, like a conflict with the Slovenian association?

Perhaps, maybe he doesnt want the irritating situation of winning 1 or 2 matches, only for them to lose anyway...
he has however been playing very well for saarbrucken, so im surprised he isnt playing, maybe saving him self for the olympics...