TTD Member 0 3
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    England
    Read 0 Reviews

ITTF President Election:- Are Mr.Khalil Al-Mohannadi & Ms. Petra Sorling candidates ?

I was reading in another forum that Ms. Petra Sorling & Mr.Khalil Al-Mohannadi have stated their displeasure with the current president Tom Weikert. I heard a rumor that they will both be seeking presidency in 2021 AGM ?

I also noticed in ITTF website today that Adham Sharara's suspension has been lifted early.

Does this mean he will run again for ITTF Presidency in 2021 ? (He is eligible now)

This would make it a four way race & it is anybody's game then
    Last edited by dereik; 11-04-2020 at 02:52 AM.

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 7,757 5,577
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,577 7,757

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    I suspect this compromise is made in order to gain access to all the historical data(tournament infos, documents, stats, h2h etc) that Sharara holds.

The old ITTF host(24.137.199.140) went down s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ but is now back up(need authentication to access though).

P.S. Earlier this year, sometime in Q2 2020.
    Last edited by zeio; 11-05-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 3
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    England
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    I suspect this compromise is made in order to gain access to all the historical data(tournament infos, documents, stats, h2h etc) that Sharara holds.

The old ITTF host(24.137.199.140) went down some time last year but is now back up(need authentication to access though).
    That indicates extreme incompetence on Tom Weikert's part ESPECIALLY given that he is a lawyer. When police bring in a criminal to interrogate, they first try to collect as much information as possible first by being very nice by lying to the criminal that they can go home as soon they give the information. But only after police gets as much information they need & get only THEN they tell the criminal that you are not going home anytime soon (LOL), but are going to jail for life. The same technique should have been used on Sharara if he was suspected of wrongdoing.
    If you convict a serial killer FIRST before finding out where all the dead bodies are, are they going to tell you ? LOL

It Tom Weikert was smart, he would have gotten all of the above items FIRST, before going after Sharara's throat too quickly & thoughtlessly. All these issues should have been addressed to start with, in job separation papers in writing when Sharara was leaving from presidency

I am surprised if that is all Sharara got. If I were Sharara, I would have asked for lot more in return for all of the above items in addition to just lifting suspension.

I also have some trouble believing that they would do that just for historical data and nothing more. What I heard in rumors is that some new group is unhappy with Tom Weikert for refusing to implement diversity & they plan on taking action to remove Weikert & also take additional action between March 2021-AGM & July-2021-Olympics. So the story is that Weikert is trying prevent Sharara from running himself or using a puppet candidate like Saive. The fact that Mr. Khalil Al-Mohannadi & Ms. Petra Sorling are unhappy with Weikert and may run also makes things that much more complicated. Who knows, there may be more candidates in this election . You never know.
    Last edited by dereik; 11-04-2020 at 05:40 PM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 3
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    England
    Read 0 Reviews
    Additionally there may be scores of table-tennis super-fans who may have saved all this so called historical data on their computers. All ITTF had to do was ask around before begging Sharara. Again, more ITTF incompetence.....if that is all that was involved, Beginning to look more and more like what is coming between March 2021 and July 202i and the rumors may be true after all.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 100 103
    M
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 103 100

User Info Menu

Feb 2017
    Norway
    Read 0 Reviews
    Also have a look at all the changes made in the ITTF Tribunal and Integrity Unit this AGM. There is now a comprehensive and independent tool for sorting out e.g conflicts of interest. And the scope is now extended to honorary members, service provideres, delegated third parties and their employees....

Quote Originally Posted by zeio

The old ITTF host(24.137.199.140) went down some time last year but is now back up(need authentication to access though).

The Following User Likes Mytoman's Post:

zeio

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 162 555
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 555 162

User Info Menu

Jan 2012
    Former Soviet Union
    Read 0 Reviews
    Some good news.
    ITTF.COM Equipment Page brough back all the images of rubbers and balls, which I needed so much.