Joola Nature

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Anyone on the forum use or tried a Joola Nature?

Be a good blade for mid pimples on bh?

Maybe a bit more controlled than Sanwei Fextra?

nature.jpg

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Trying to find a 7 ply blade similar to Xiom Solo but with Limba outers, and not as fast as Sanwei Fextra.

Only Avalox BT777, Joola Nature and Falck 7 left to try or a long shot Clipper CR, but I thought Clipper was too stiff.
I remember people mentioning that they found BT777 too flexy for short pips. But might fit your playing.
Have you tried P700, SWAT Speed, SWAT Power or Koki niwa Wood?
Isn't P900 slightly more direct than BT777 but slightly less than P700?

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I remember people mentioning that they found BT777 too flexy for short pips. But might fit your playing.
Have you tried P700, SWAT Speed, SWAT Power or Koki niwa Wood?
Isn't P900 slightly more direct than BT777 but slightly less than P700?

I have tried

tibhar force pro blue
tibhar force pro black
HRT clipper
clipper classic
p700
donic persson 7
custom made 7 ply rosewood outer and limba outer
butterfly SK7
TSP Swat
OSP Ultimate II
Xiom Solo
Sanwei Fextra

TBH if I could just tame my fh on the Fextra I think I might be ok with that!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I have tried

tibhar force pro blue
tibhar force pro black
HRT clipper
clipper classic
p700
donic persson 7
custom made 7 ply rosewood outer and limba outer
butterfly SK7
TSP Swat
OSP Ultimate II
Xiom Solo
Sanwei Fextra

TBH if I could just tame my fh on the Fextra I think I might be ok with that!!
Haha it always comes down to technique. But would a slower blade be ideal for your backhand? Maybe just a slower rubber on the forehand could do?

BT777 is nice for looping with great control and precision on both sides. Great for active/dwelly blocking. But for hitting on the backhand it could lack some power for you.
I'm still waiting for my W7, so I can't compare it yet. But many webshops has 6.7 mm in its description, which is almost Clipper isn't it? So maybe you're Looking for a Limba/ayous blade in 6.4 - 6.5 mm. But I'll measure my W7, when I get it. Yogi did measure his at 6.55 and says it's a couple nothces less stiff than Fextra. So maybe it's perfect. Pobably more ideal than BT777. Especially if you found P700 too mushy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Have you considered the Andro 7-ply allwoods? There are good reviews of the Timber 7 Off and the Gauzy BL7 here: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?22927-andro-allwood-blades (and another of the BL7 here: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-the-gauzy-line)

The Timber 7 Off has thermo-treated outer Limba plies, which might give you that 'slightly-more-crisp-than-Limba-but-not-as-hard-as-Koto' feel that you seem to be looking for?
That's similar to the SWAT series.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Have you considered the Andro 7-ply allwoods? There are good reviews of the Timber 7 Off and the Gauzy BL7 here: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?22927-andro-allwood-blades (and another of the BL7 here: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-the-gauzy-line)

The Timber 7 Off has thermo-treated outer Limba plies, which might give you that 'slightly-more-crisp-than-Limba-but-not-as-hard-as-Koto' feel that you seem to be looking for?

Timber 7 might be interesting if its not too flexy?

TSP Swat was very flexy for a 7 ply felt like a 5 ply to me.

I could not play with a blue blade though, Gauzy 7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
According to that review it looks like the Timber 7 has 5 of its 7 layers thermo-treated as follows:

Limba (thermo) - Ayous (thermo) - Ayous - Ayous (thermo) - Ayous - Ayous (thermo) - Limba (thermo)

I'm not sure how that compares to the TSP Swat, but I guess it should make it a bit stiffer overall?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Timber 7 might be interesting if its not too flexy?

TSP Swat was very flexy for a 7 ply felt like a 5 ply to me.

I could not play with a blue blade though, Gauzy 7.
Swat is very flexy. Too flexy for most short/medium/pips users, unless they're Misako Wakamiya.

Swat Power is significantly thicker.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
According to that review it looks like the Timber 7 has 5 of its 7 layers thermo-treated as follows:

Limba (thermo) - Ayous (thermo) - Ayous - Ayous (thermo) - Ayous - Ayous (thermo) - Limba (thermo)

I'm not sure how that compares to the TSP Swat, but I guess it should make it a bit stiffer overall?

Timber 7 might be promising!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
And significantly more expensive for an all wood 7 ply
90€? I guess you could get 2 Clippers or 2 W7's for almost the same price. But I don't think below 100€ is a lot for a great quality all-wood blade. I know it's made in China, but the quality is definetly high of the regular SWAT. Nice finish as well.
Avalox blades is not Much less expensive.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Anyone on the forum use or tried a Joola Nature?

Be a good blade for mid pimples on bh?

Maybe a bit more controlled than Sanwei Fextra?

View attachment 22426

Hi MOG,

what’s going on?? Not another blade!! THIS HAS JUST GOTTA STOP!!!:mad::mad:

PS I have one !!! Straight handle. Nice blades the TPE series!! I also have a TPE Perform, very similar to each other.
Never played with pips on it, so can’t say if it’s suited to pips. From memory the TPE nature had ELS and FXP on it.
i haven’t used this blade for over a year and a half.
if you want I’ll send it to you so you can try not buy!!!!;););)

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi MOG,

what’s going on?? Not another blade!! THIS HAS JUST GOTTA STOP!!!:mad::mad:

PS I have one !!! Straight handle. Nice blades the TPE series!! I also have a TPE Perform, very similar to each other.
Never played with pips on it, so can’t say if it’s suited to pips. From memory the TPE nature had ELS and FXP on it.
i haven’t used this blade for over a year and a half.
if you want I’ll send it to you so you can try not buy!!!!;););)

Bought one already as I had a voucher! I have just watched video of myself from last weekend, I thought I had played bad because my bat was too fast, but actually I was tired and moved badly and made bad decisions. So would have played not great with any bat.
Based on this I am going to try with the Fextra a bit longer, but I will also try the Joola when we are allowed back, sadly I only like flared handles and we can't play until at least December.