Joola Nature

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi MOG

As there’s no chance of actually playing at the moment.

could you list out all the blades you have tried ?? Gotta be good for a laugh!! I’d just like to see exactly what you have tried. In case there’s an alternative that could be worth trying!!! ;);)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi MOG

As there’s no chance of actually playing at the moment.

could you list out all the blades you have tried ?? Gotta be good for a laugh!! I’d just like to see exactly what you have tried. In case there’s an alternative that could be worth trying!!! ;);)
He did list the ones he had tried :)

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Sounds like a good idea.

How did you find the SK7 compared to other 7-plies? I just noticed that its thickness is rated between 6.4-6.7 mm, so in terms of stiffness it's probably similar to W7.

Though the thickness of the plies are different. W7's middle is thicker and the 2 outers are very thin and a bit darker limba than regular.

SK7 was excellent looping blade for a 7 ply, trouble is I tried most of these blades with Spectol Red, not Spinlord Keiler.

SK7 was actually a very nice blade TBH.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
When you say that certain 7 ply blades are too fast are you implying that it’s too fast for the inverted side or too fast for the pips?

Too fast for the Tenergy on fh, but not always too fast sometimes too bouncy, sometimes too much flex, sometimes too stiff for my to do spinny loops.
I reckon I could use mid pips on a Primorac Carbon!!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Sorry I dont want to end your EJ history because you have more attention than me, jokes
but
buy a few of extra fextra sanwei,
find the slowest, with frequency and ball bounce.
Buy the same rubbers with different colours
put one rubber setup on the fastest fextra
The same situation
on the slowest fextra and....

I have four Sanwei Fextra's. Two are still in the sellophane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I have four Sanwei Fextra's. Two are still in the sellophane.
You could weigh them and maybe choose the lightest one to get the speed down a bit. Just wont make it more flexy for the forehand. Do they maybe also have slightly different thickness? Try the thinnest one and see if it's a bit easier for forehand.

BT777 is definetly nice on forehand for loops, but I don't believe that it's stiff or direct enough for your backhand. The throw is medium high, so you really need to have proper angle for pips.

I see that Fextra is only 6 mm. Isn't it just limba outer and ayous inners? I actually thought it was 6.7 - 7 mm. Doesn't it have a lot of flex then? I'm a bit confused now haha [emoji28]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
There is a good chance I will stick with Fextra anyway, I do not like the new ABS balls and I still use Poly Joola Flash when possible.
I need a faster blade for ABS Balls!
Haha super. I also have a problem playing with slower blades than BT777. I find myself having to put too much unecessary force into the ball.

Ray

This user has no status.

Ray

This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Fextra is only 6mm, but it is still pretty fast and pretty stiff. Ask Yogi, he had a lot of love for the fextra!!

IIRC, Yasaka Galaxya and TSP Altero are also 7-ply ~6mm thick blades and so is OSP Martin. Besides, OSP mentioned that Martin works well with short pips. While I have tried Martin some 5 years ago, I have never used pips-out rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
IIRC, Yasaka Galaxya and TSP Altero are also 7-ply ~6mm thick blades and so is OSP Martin. Besides, OSP mentioned that Martin works well with short pips. While I have tried Martin some 5 years ago, I have never used pips-out rubbers.
Yeah I know that there exists thin 7-plies with limba and ayous. I have 2 myself :) I just thought they would all be somewhere between off- and off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Swat
Barwell and a lot of deffensive blades
I have SWAT and that's not a hard blade. It's limba outer and ayous inners. Yes it has over-heated layers, but it's still not harder than medium. Actually it feels and plays almost the same as my Allround Evolution.

Examples of hard slow blades would be as I mentioned Ebenholz V and Rosewood V and as you mentioned Ma Lin Extra Offensive. I just wanted to know if that's what was meant, because sometimes people use stiff and hard as synonyme, which they're not in case of tabletennis blades :)