says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
not an EJ
Haha
whatever !!!!! ;);)

This is not at all in line with the behavior of someone suffering from the EJ virus.

I mean, wouldn't someone who was an EJ be wanting to try new stuff much more frequently than twice a day?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
This is not at all in line with the behavior of someone suffering from the EJ virus.

I mean, wouldn't someone who was an EJ be wanting to try new stuff much more frequently than twice a day?

Yeah possibly but I reckon MOG’s THINKING about new equipment more often than a fella is mean’t to be thinking of his ‘bits n pieces’ during a 24hr period!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I was thinking about your interest in a blade with limba outer on forehand and koto outer on backhand. Have you tried on the blade you like best for your forehand with limba outer to apply at least 2 extra layers of sealant on the backhand to see if it would make it a bit more direct?
Just thought about it, so haven't tried it myself yet.

Joola TPE Nature seems similar to BT777, but slightly thicker maybe, if it's really 6.4 mm. No dyed or burned layers, So it Will probably have a very similar nature. I foresee that you'll find it great and controllable on forehand, but lacking the directness on backhand. If you find that's actually the case, then maybe try 2 extra layers of sealant. Could work. If not, you can always sand it a bit down again. You could maybe bounce the ball on the blade without rubbers to compare the 2 sides directness before attaching the rubbers.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
It is. And if he's enjoying himself in the process :)

Who said I enjoy this, it is a tiresome trial and tribulation I put myself through every day in this search for the holy grail. ;););)

A stiff hard blades one side for pips and soft and flexy the other side for reversed fh topspin. I know it is out there somewhere!! ;);););););););)

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think a blade can be harder on one and softer on the other side.

But I don’t think a blade can be flexy on one side, but stiff on the other. Similarly, I don’t think it can have a different weight or a different center of gravity on both wings. That’s just not possible.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Who said I enjoy this, it is a tiresome trial and tribulation I put myself through every day in this search for the holy grail. ;););)

A stiff hard blades one side for pips and soft and flexy the other side for reversed fh topspin. I know it is out there somewhere!! ;);););););););)
Haha, well that's on you then [emoji23] pull yourself together man! [emoji38][emoji6] unless you actually enjoy the tiredsomeness [emoji55][emoji854]

I just dreamt about a blade with thicker and different outer on the backhand. The handle was a bit thick though. And I never got to play with it. But I think it was a dr. Neubauer blade, so probably had balsa core and too slow on one side [emoji848][emoji23]

Reactions: MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think a blade can be harder on one and softer on the other side.

But I don’t think a blade can be flexy on one side, but stiff on the other. Similarly, I don’t think it can have a different weight or a different center of gravity on both wings. That’s just not possible.

Yoass, I was being funny or sarcastic!! ;););)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the real answer is one racket in each hand. Then he can play T05fx and D09c on a JM SZLC and MP/LP or MP/SP on the solo. :) Some players master twiddling. MOG will master serve toss from his foot and switching rackets from hand to hand. :)

Think of how confused opponents will be with two black rubbers and two red rubbers. :)

Reactions: MOG and Antonlan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I think the real answer is one racket in each hand. Then he can play T05fx and D09c on a JM SZLC and MP/LP or MP/SP on the solo. :) Some players master twiddling. MOG will master serve toss from his foot and switching rackets from hand to hand. :)

Think of how confused opponents will be with two black rubbers and two red rubbers. :)
The opponents would loose, because they couldn't concentrate while laughing so much [emoji1787]

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
MOG have you tried ebony or rosewood topped blades?

not really, had a rosewood one side limba other side handmade blade but it did not work somehow, was beautiful but i could not play with it too fast i think

I think it might screw up my fh like koto seems too.

I actually think I need to stick to Fextra or see how this Joola blade goes if its a bit slower but similar in stiffness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
not really, had a rosewood one side limba other side handmade blade but it did not work somehow, was beautiful but i could not play with it too fast i think

I think it might screw up my fh like koto seems too.

I actually think I need to stick to Fextra or see how this Joola blade goes if its a bit slower but similar in stiffness
Sounds like a good idea.

How did you find the SK7 compared to other 7-plies? I just noticed that its thickness is rated between 6.4-6.7 mm, so in terms of stiffness it's probably similar to W7.

Though the thickness of the plies are different. W7's middle is thicker and the 2 outers are very thin and a bit darker limba than regular.